Top 3 pick for DCC 1p this year?

youngstown

Verified Member
Who's your top 3 pick this year for 1p? I'd like to see Danny take the tourney seriously but I'm sure he'll be up all night gambling as usual. Scott Frost never seems to do as good as we think he should either. I'm going with the sharpshooters - Shane, Alex, and Dennis.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
alex, svb, busty
(in no particular order...throw a dart....)

(also look for 1p.org members brumback and bernie to make a strong showing)

:)

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Until Alex gets beat a couple times, he is on top. His performance at Derby City the past two years puts him ahead of anyone else. The next two spots could go to any number of players. Some of the top candidates will hurt their chances by being in big $$ action all night and this is a long grueling tournament and several of these players can beat anyone in a race to three.

The fact that it is a race to three and Alex has won two in a row points to his dominance.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
I'd be surprised if Corey makes it out of the top 8. But it depends on who he plays and how the games evolve.

He ain't called Cincy Kid for nothing.

It's not that he lacks the talent, Corey just doesn't seem nearly as devoted to 1P as the others.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
The way Alex has been playing the past two years makes him the favorite in my book. I have seen him lose the first game badly and it looks like, how did he get this far? Then he finds his stroke of perfection and you can see the change. It is like someone lifts a curtain and the new Alex is there laughing, having a good time, being oblivious to anything but perfection. Shane is a different monster.
I think the most exciting championship match was Shane and Everyone's favorite player to hate, Earl. Who would I like to see? Alex, Mora, Shane. I'll be happy with Sunday through Thursday One Pocket. So far I have one person on my to play list and he doesn't get there until Saturday. I'm available from Wednesday night until the next Saturday. I sleep late to play late or it's a short trip to the Bank Shot in Louisville. Hot Browns at the Brown hotel one day.:eek:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
He ain't called Cincy Kid for nothing.

It's not that he lacks the talent, Corey just doesn't seem nearly as devoted to 1P as the others.

He wins games shooting shots no other player would see, but also loses some games the same way. He has as much skill as any player out there and more imagination than anyone except T Rex IMO.

If Tony is working on his game and not too busy with the clothing biz, the ten ball tour and gambling all night, he is in the top three.

baby huey

Verified Member
So many factors come into play as to who will win this event. Someone mentioned Justin Hall earlier and I agree that he could easily win it but he sometimes has a tendency to break your heart by not showing up for a match, forfeiting, (guess why) and then just becomes a also ran. The thing that makes Justin so strong is that he can come with the off angle really tough bank and just drill it. I look for Dennis to make a very good showing. He is coming on strong in the game and even though Alex is the defending champion he got several players looking to dethrone him.