The Two Greatest One Pocket Player's of the last 40 Years might Finally Match Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Who said, you can't live long enough too see everything. Finally after 40 yrs. the two greatest one pocket player's, one handed and two, might actually match up. If this isn't the most anticipated match of the last half century, I don't know what is. "West Coast Offence", against the, "The Chicago Anaconda", I can see the marquee now.

Just spoke to Artie, he likes it, there will probably be some changes, I don't know what. Let's see if we can get the best PPV deals in the works now, while we still have some time, should be a winner!

I guess there's only one thing left, WHEN"S THE LINE OPEN UP?, and WHAT IS IT?

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
mr3cushion said:
Who said, you can't live long enough too see everything. Finally after 40 yrs. the two greatest one pocket player's, one handed and two, might actually match up. If this isn't the most anticipated match of the last half century, I don't know what is. "West Coast Offence", against the, "The Chicago Anaconda", I can see the marquee now.

Just spoke to Artie, he likes it, there will probably be some changes, I don't know what. Let's see if we can get the best PPV deals in the works now, while we still have some time, should be a winner!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Bill,

These guys were great in their day but they are not "the most anticipated match of the last half-century" by any means. I'd rather watch Efren play God. Or Cornbread play Horseface Harry. At least they were entertaining. A guy in his mid 60's playing a guy in his 70's who's been a drunk for many years is not my idea of a dream match. It'll only show that the guy in his mid 60's still can't bring himself to play a "near close" game, as always. It'll only add to the image that he can't beat anybody who is his equal, that he still has to play people in their 70's in order to win. And no offense meant here to John Henderson who has a heart as big as a watermelon and loves to play.

I wouldn't pay 10 cents to watch this match and would not watch it if I was in the same building. But that's just me.

Dennis

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Dennis: RONNIE proposed this MATCH, not ARTIE, HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Why is it that everyone HATES a WINNER, I have my own opinion, but that does'nt matter, get over that weak HATTER attitude, it's getting old!
Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
mr3cushion said:
Dennis: RONNIE proposed this MATCH, not ARTIE, HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Why is it that everyone HATES a WINNER, I have my own opinion, but that does'nt matter, get over that weak HATTER attitude, it's getting old!
Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Bill,

I know who proposed this match, I can read and comprehend. But if beating a diabetic, drunk, old man, 30 years past his prime is your idea of a "dream match" then it's good for you. I'm not a hater. I don't know either one of them. I couldn't care less if they play or who wins. It's the biggest non-game in history if it happens.

Dennis

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Mr3C, sad to say, the line is 5-2 that it never happens. If Ronnie jumps thru all Artie's hoops, Artie will send out for more hoops. I hope he makes a liar out of me, however. The match is, at least, a fine idea. :rolleyes: :D

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Vapros; Ronnie's the one who the started the match already with stipulations, I never said Artie wouldn't agree to them.
Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Skin

Verified Member
Does every statement on here have to be the ignition spark for a flame war? Men of the oldest generation ought to be given the courtesy of expressing their thoughts without being napalmed over them. That is just basic, common decency.

Skin

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Skin said:
Does every statement on here have to be the ignition spark for a flame war? Men of the oldest generation ought to be given the courtesy of expressing their thoughts without being napalmed over them. That is just basic, common decency.

Skin

Skin,

I guess that you just posted in the wrong thread, right? I don't see a flame war developing here. Let me ask you a question: Do you think that that this would be a big match if it happens? Do you think it is important? Do you think anyone would really care about the quality of play or people would simply root for their favorite? You can go to the track and do that.

If I was the 2nd or 3rd best one-pocket player ever and RA asked me to play him(for the first time) when he was in his 70's and I was in my mid-6o's, I would tell him "no way". What could happen? If I lose, people would say that RA was the better player because he beat me, and if I win they will say that I beat an obese, drunk, diabetic old man 30 years past his prime. What could I possibly win, except money. I guess if that's your motivation(money) then that's enough for you and you don't care what your legacy is. I would tell RA to get a job and leave me alone. Unless my ego was so big(it's not) that I just had to beat him once.

I don't drool over players matching up. Never have and never will.

Dennis

Skin

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Skin,

I guess that you just posted in the wrong thread, right? I don't see a flame war developing here. Let me ask you a question: Do you think that that this would be a big match if it happens? Do you think it is important? Do you think anyone would really care about the quality of play or people would simply root for their favorite? You can go to the track and do that.

If I was the 2nd or 3rd best one-pocket player ever and RA asked me to play him(for the first time) when he was in his 70's and I was in my mid-6o's, I would tell him "no way". What could happen? If I lose, people would say that RA was the better player because he beat me, and if I win they will say that I beat an obese, drunk, diabetic old man 30 years past his prime. What could I possibly win, except money. I guess if that's your motivation(money) then that's enough for you and you don't care what your legacy is. I would tell RA to get a job and leave me alone. Unless my ego was so big(it's not) that I just had to beat him once.

I don't drool over players matching up. Never have and never will.

Dennis

No, Dennis, it is not the matchup of the century, not any more than Ali v. Frazier now would be. But guys from a specific generation like to relive their memories and see their what-ifs played out. That's all that is going on here with mr3c's thoughts. And it ain't a bad thing. It is a human thing.

Personally, I'd like to see Efren v. Harold Worst in their primes on modern equipment. But Worst never played on modern equipment. It is fantasy, this stuff. That's all. It proves nothing and means nothing really, except for the jollies.

Skin < would actually like to see Louis Pateur with the full current scientific knowledge debate Richard Dawkins. Dawkins would be de-eolved into ameboid mush by the time it was over, in my fantasy opinion. I also wish I could have seen Janis Joplin sing with Robert Plant. Would anybody in the crowd be left alive afterwards after being torn down by those BLUES?

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Skin said:
No, Dennis, it is not the matchup of the century, not any more than Ali v. Frazier now would be. But guys from a specific generation like to relive their memories and see their what-ifs played out. That's all that is going on here with mr3c's thoughts. And it ain't a bad thing. It is a human thing.

Personally, I'd like to see Efren v. Harold Worst in their primes on modern equipment. But Worst never played on modern equipment and Efren has slipped now due to age. It is fantasy, this stuff. That's all. It proves nothing and means nothing really, except for the jollies.

Skin

Skin,

I can understand how it is to want to play someone that you've never played or to see two players play that have never played. I have several disappointments of my own concerning people that I did not play, for whatever reason. To think back about it now and have the opportunity to challenge them to a match would be complete insanity on my part. We missed out on a match that would have validated my game at the time but means nothing at all now. That is how I challenged myself back then. And I'm referring to playing better players than me who I thought I could beat or be close to. I'm not talking about beating an over-the-hill-drunk who can't run 8 & out with a gun to his head.

P.S. Frazier would love to kick Ali's ass for calling him a gorrilla. He's never forgiven him for that. That's a shame in my book.

P.S.S. Just saw your edit. I would give a thousand to see and hear Janis perform with Plant. Love them both.

Dennis

Skin

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Skin,

I can understand how it is to want to play someone that you've never played or to see two players play that have never played. I have several disappointments of my own concerning people that I did not play, for whatever reason. To think back about it now and have the opportunity to challenge them to a match would be complete insanity on my part. We missed out on a match that would have validated my game at the time but means nothing at all now. That is how I challenged myself back then. And I'm referring to playing better players than me who I thought I could beat or be close to. I'm not talking about beating an over-the-hill-drunk who can't run 8 & out with a gun to his head.

P.S. Frazier would love to kick Ali's ass for calling him a gorrilla. He's never forgiven him for that. That's a shame in my book.

P.S.S. Just saw your edit. I would give a thousand to see and hear Janis perform with Plant.

Dennis

Dennis, I remember seeing this live on broadcast. Do you remember it? "Sit down, Joe. Sit down, Joe..." :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-u_Q3eVYU0[/ame]

Angelo Dundee said of Frazier, "He is the epitome of a strong, strong man". I suspect that what is Ali meant when he called him a gorilla. That's how he had to think of him to beat him.

Skin

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Skin said:
Dennis, I remember seeing this live on broadcast. Do you remember it? "Sit down, Joe. Sit down, Joe..." :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-u_Q3eVYU0

Angelo Dundee said of Frazier, "He is the epitome of a strong, strong man". I suspect that what is Ali meant when he called him a gorilla. That's how he had to think of him to beat him.

Skin

Skin,

I don't remember that clip at all but I sure liked it. I believe that Ali called Joe an "ugly gorilla", implying racial overtones, and that was what pissed Frazier off. It was just Ali getting into the head of his opponent, that's all. Either way, I wouldn't want to see them fight in their 60's and 70's.

P.S. I would love to see Ali in his prime in a pre-fight conference with Tyson in his prime. Could you imagine the way Ali would taunt Tyson for his little-girl voice and mess with him for his many legal transgressions? That, I would pay to see.

Dennis

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
this match would be for the players.imho. its ego pure and simple. no disrespect but execution wise neither will impress anyone, could you take lessons and learn from thier knowledge and experience ABSOLUTELY.for nostalgia i would watch. get it on guys:)

lfigueroa

Verified Member
mr3cushion said:

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Pu.... leeeeeeseeeeeee.

Greatest 1pocket players of the last 40 years.

What drugs are you on?

Besides, anyone betting on something like this, would totally deserve the screwing they would inevitably get.

Lou Figueroa

Skin

Verified Member
Hmmmm...

I think I just heard some mouth breathing. Smells in here like old, stale garlic, too. I wonder why. LOL

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Your right Skin, It will be something to see, I see another HATER, the garlic press, (Lou), couldn't carry either one of these guy's jock strap!
Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

lfigueroa

Verified Member
mr3cushion said:
Your right Skin, It will be something to see, I see another HATER, the garlic press, (Lou), couldn't carry either one of these guy's jock strap!
Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

well, of course, neither could you ;-)

Lou Figueroa
didn't know pool players
needed jock straps

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
lfigueroa said:
Pu.... leeeeeeseeeeeee.

Greatest 1pocket players of the last 40 years.

What drugs are you on?

Besides, anyone betting on something like this, would totally deserve the screwing they would inevitably get.

Lou Figueroa

As long as the Ghost is blaming me for resurrecting old threads I figured I'd ask: Where the hell has Lou F. been??????? Maybe I can draw him out of the lurkers closet with this observation and comment: Hey Lou, your post and comments over on AZ concerning G. Mathews and his fiasco at Kolbys and it's aftermath and bad feelings was the ONLY bad post I've ever seen from you. Even when I don't agree with you, which is rare, you still have intelligent and well thought out posts, until that one that is.

Dennis

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Hollywood

Hollywood

Right here,yessiree,step right up ladies and gents.The Medicine Show is about to begin......Man,did we need this or what?Theres been no action/movies since Way out West starring Grady M.Thank you so much Mr 3 regardless of the consequences/outcome you sure brightened up my day.Cheers,Bob

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.