danny busty 2

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
jeff in the previous thread asked what did danny do with the leave busty left him
well jeff your wish is my command...:D
your rascallian buddy....:)
danny studied where on the side rail he wanted to leave busty and he cut the 3 to leave the cue ball here....
its now bustys shot againbustys pocket is closest to the one ball
wwyd?
danny busty 2 bustys shot turn.jpg

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I'm surprised Danny didn't cut the 14 (10?) ball down rail first into the 11. I guess he was too deep into the pocket for a good CB stroke.

Even so, Busty is in slightly worse shape than he was initially. Since he banked the 1 before, he might as well take an easier bank on the 6. He should be able to make it, or leave it close, to where Danny would probably have to shoot something defensive.

~Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I'm surprised Danny didn't cut the 14 (10?) ball down rail first into the 11. I guess he was too deep into the pocket for a good CB stroke.

Even so, Busty is in slightly worse shape than he was initially. Since he banked the 1 before, he might as well take an easier bank on the 6. He should be able to make it, or leave it close, to where Danny would probably have to shoot something defensive.

~Doc

i guess bustys first shot wasnt so weak.....just sayin...:D

El Chapo

Verified Member
This is so decpetive u can just keep leaving him uptable and you may even have more ball running potential being busty with the 11 ball there to bank later if he makes this six. It looks like busty is being outmoved 10 to 1 when you glance at the table but i would not be at all surprised if he got the first shot.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
I agree with Doc, Danny must of had cueing problems! Otherwise he uses the 10 to once again get the cb back behind the 6 & 3 and up in the corner he is shooting out of.
I believe Danny shot a little hard (assuming he went to the end rail and back down table with the cb) and now has left a cut on the 1. Whitey

Last edited:

El Chapo

Verified Member
i forgot to say wwhd, he is gonna bank that six and focus on getting a good angle on the one (to get on the 11 bank) and not selling out if he misses it too of course.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
The 1 ball isn’t a difficult shot for players of this caliber, Danny left the cb to far off the rail which offers the cut on the 1 as an option... FB may choose to shoot the 1, but he has the other attractive option of banking the 6 ball and leaving Danny up table again with no reasonable offensive shot for Danny... FB would be better off not making the 6 IMO as it would force Danny to remove it and defend the bank on the 11...

Who knows Larry, these guys have so much firepower and confidence in their ability that when the cb is left off the rail with full bridging ability and options to pocket a ball, they usually make you pay...

I’d bank the 6 at just under pocket speed and force Danny to perform...

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Since he banked the 1 before, he might as well take an easier bank on the 6. He should be able to make it, or leave it close, to where Danny would probably have to shoot something defensive.

~Doc

FB may choose to shoot the 1, but he has the other attractive option of banking the 6 ball and leaving Danny up table again with no reasonable offensive shot for Danny... FB would be better off not making the 6 IMO as it would force Danny to remove it and defend the bank on the 11...
I’d bank the 6 at just under pocket speed and force Danny to perform...
busty did bank the 6 it looked like he was trying to make it
now its dannys shot
what should danny do?wwyd?
danny busty 2 dannys shot.jpg

El Chapo

Verified Member
See how deceptive this layout is. Busty did not even hit that too great, and now his opponent is the one in the trap imo. This is a difficult spot to get out of.

When a guy can just lay you uptable all day, it often does not matter how many balls you got in your hole you can get the worst of it.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
i guess bustys first shot wasnt so weak.....just sayin...:D
Yes, it was. Busty is now in worse shape than he was in his last inning. He has fewer options than he had before. He does have the 6 ball bank that I mentioned, but he's in worse shape in terms of being able to start clearing balls from Danny's quadrant.

~Doc

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
busty did bank the 6 it looked like he was trying to make it
now its dannys shot
what should danny do?wwyd?
I would slow roll off the left of the 1 ball, trying to get in between the side rail and the 6. If he does that, Francisco is in serious trouble. Even if he gets behind the 6 enough that it blocks the 11, 12 and the 1 in its new position, it's a near death sentence which only a commutation from the Governor would get him out of.

~Doc

Kybanks

Verified Member
I believe Danny is gonna have to shoot at his hole here. Kicking in the 11 ball or comboing it with the 10 ball. He could get the 6 out by banking it into the 1 ball and drawing his ball into the 3 ball cluster around the spot. Whatever he shoots they are all low percentage chances to execute perfect.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
I would slow roll off the left of the 1 ball, trying to get in between the side rail and the 6. If he does that, Francisco is in serious trouble. Even if he gets behind the 6 enough that it blocks the 11, 12 and the 1 in its new position, it's a near death sentence which only a commutation from the Governor would get him out of.

~Doc

I agree with you.
gulfportdoc.jpg

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas

~Doc

I believe you are correct Doc. Danny will come off the 1 and lay the cb behind the 6....

unoperro

Verified Member
Cut the furthest stripe down table. Cueball goes 2 rails back and forth leaving double or tripled up.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I believe Danny is gonna have to shoot at his hole here. Kicking in the 11 ball or comboing it with the 10 ball. .

danny decided to kick at the 11
even using his stick to find the mirror point
unfortunately he overcut it
busty made the one and ran 4
he hung his 5th ball in his pocket which stopped him from running out
here is danny measuring and the result
danny busty 2 stick measure.jpg

danny busty 2 danny shpt result.jpg

El Chapo

Verified Member
The reason he shot there was he was in a super tough spot. The layout was very deceptive... looks like it favors danny but busty has the big edge even though he didnt even strike the bank all that good.

That shot off the one did not lay right.

I think he was right to shoot.

Hereis the thing, broken record, moving is not worth a lot. He was outmoved ten to one. Look at the table. I was calling busty to get the first shot a while back and i never saw this game. Moving balls is overrated (that does not = it is unimportant), actually pocketing balls is underrated as we see here. Whoever pockets a ball, regardless of moving quality, wins the game. That is why you see these guys taking shots that look sorta like fliers sending balls at their hole and moving the cb to a safe zone all the time... they may sacrifice the move a bit but they have learned it is a way better tradeoff for them. They have learned losing a bit of the move means nothing, while pocketing a ball is the entire game.

Last edited:

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
The reason he shot there was he was in a super tough spot. The layout was very deceptive... looks like it favors danny but busty has the big edge even though he didnt even strike the bank all that good.

That shot off the one did not lay right.

I think he was right to shoot.

Hereis the thing, broken record, moving is not worth a lot. He was outmoved ten to one. Look at the table. I was calling busty to get the first shot a while back and i never saw this game. Moving balls is overrated (that does not = it is unimportant), actually pocketing balls is underrated as we see here. Whoever pockets a ball, regardless of moving quality, wins the game. That is why you see these guys taking shots that look sorta like fliers sending balls at their hole and moving the cb to a safe zone all the time... they may sacrifice the move a bit but they have learned it is a way better tradeoff for them. They have learned losing a bit of the move means nothing, while pocketing a ball is the entire game.

That kick on the 11 was worth one ball and a loser. From the angle he left the cue ball he would have been one and done. Cutting the 10 down the rail with the cue ball going back and forth with blockers if he miss was a real move. If he combo the 11 in there were more balls to make. Danny didn’t play a move at all, he played poor shot. Busty got lucky because Danny thought he can make everything and the hell with playing a 1P shot.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I didn't notice that shot was available. But the shot would have been a better choice had the 11 been closer to the rail.

He simply got tired of having balls near his hole, and not taking a swing at something. That's why he'll lose to players of equal talent who also have more patience.

~Doc