Wsbd

1pwannabe

Verified Member
What should Bustamante do? Score is 0-0.

Mike

Verified Member
Looks like he only has to jump a little to hit the bottom of the 2 sending it into the 3-4 ball with CB going up to 2 diamond.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I think Tom has the best choice. Still, if I could see enough of the 14, I'd come off it with the CB to the head rail and back down to the area of the opponent's 2nd diamond. That would protect the balls in front of my hole, and would probably cause the 10 or 14 to kick over to my side.

~Doc

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Kick two rails into the back of the two ball. Cue ball runs up table.

Tom

Yep, lots of good, very little bad unless you miss the whole 2 ball. Just a slight bump up from pocket speed would be about right, not hard enough to get all the way up table with the CB, but hard enough to make the 2 ball even on a carom off the 7 ball.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Another variation of the two rail kick would be to spin with right hand english and kick one rail into the two ball. This option, if hit well, may send the cue ball into the stack and create havoc for his opponent. I can't tell if there is enough room to hit the side rail first without using a slight masse. Probably not.

Tom

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Another variation of the two rail kick would be to spin with right hand english and kick one rail into the two ball. This option, if hit well, may send the cue ball into the stack and create havoc for his opponent. I can't tell if there is enough room to hit the side rail first without using a slight masse. Probably not.

Tom

This is the only other camera angle provided

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Thanks 1pw, Given that angle the two rail kick looks far better. It is easier to hit the high side of the two from that angle, and that is a must when shooting that shot.

Still one more option I see would be to kick two rails off the head rail and lay the cue ball on the top of the stack. I use this shot a lot. This shot costs a ball but is simple to execute and can be very effective. That being said, I still like the kick on the two better.

Tom

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
What is it Rod, the action slowing down for you at Click's?
They couldn't put a gun on you and make you shoot that shot!!! :):)
Laying down the lemon on a WWYD. Lol you're always working! :):)

I've been playing everyday.
I shoot this a lot although I never see anyone else shoot it. I'm a bit of a Gofer, sometimes this shot can be a game winner and I ain't ascared.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Not a bad shot Rod, if the eight ball is dead, and you make it. If it isn't....well...?

Tom

I'd say 100% the 8 is NOT dead, and the CB lines Rod drew -- if possible at all, would make Efren or Raphael hesitate. Hop over the 5 with 17/32 tip of 9:52 jacked 19 degrees with 1 7/16 foot pounds energy. Yup, that'll do it.

I'm with Jeff... he's definitely on the Lemon. :D

stedyfred

Verified Member
I like Rod's shot and getting action on the 8 ball but I would play my qball with center right to a little below center right and go to the head rail and keep whitey on same side of table as 5 and 1 ball, using them as blockers if 8 moves to my pocket.