Justin Hall calls out ALL players...

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
I just received a call from a member telling me, Justin will play ANY player EVEN 1 pocket at home court for $10,000.00! Except, Efren Reyes! I believe it's on his facebook page.

late edit
P.S. Just heard Scott is going to play Justin, for 5K or 10K.

Last edited:

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I just received a call from a member telling me, Justin will play ANY player EVEN 1 pocket at home court for $10,000.00! Except, Efren Reyes! I believe it's on his facebook page.

late edit
P.S. Just heard Scott is going to play Justin, for 5K or 10K.

Where is home court, Bill?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Josh Roberts went and played Justin Hall at his home room about a month ago - and if what I heard was correct..Justin relieved Josh of 5k in that match-up..:eek:...here's a pic of them playing that night ----->

Attachments

• 1 1 8787.jpg
    1 1 8787.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

backplaying

Verified Member
Justin came to Athens and gave Ricky P 10-6 and ended up 12 games ahead and they didn't play a marathon. Justin went for every long rail bank and made almost all of them. Many would have cost him the game if he missed. He had Ricky helpless. Josh gave roadman 9-7 at the Mobile tourney and beat him. Roadman beat him to the shot most of the time, he just couldn't run enough balls.

naji

Verified Member
Well, he's certainly capable of beating anyone, including Efren. The guy is a fearsome player, and will only get better if he stays in it.

~Doc

No one can beat Efren in one pocket. Justin know it real well

scott1313

Love to see guys willing to gamble without the nuts. Don't know if it's a good way to make money but I admire his heart. Like when Bartram put out a list of how he would play all the top players. Hope Josh does well, he is fun to watch.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
I think you're right, Lenny. Reyes seems to be treated as the Messiah of pool, never to be disparaged.;)

~Doc

Doc, maybe it's because He's a complete player! NOT just one faceted, He plays ALL games at a VERY high level!

Last players, obviously that come to mind are, Harold Worst, then Boston Shorty.

Scott is still pretty much a one game player, not that he couldn't excel at the other games, but, time is running out! JMHO.

keoneyo

Verified Member
Whenever Efren has won he has never shown a weakness in ego to flaunt his winnings. What does he always say. "I got lucky"!. Not so many others.
Just as there are those (they) who will never believe Efren can be defeated there are those who see no flaws in their heroes.
I know the feeling.
Being from Hawaii I have a greater empathy and compassion for my homeboy Rodney Morris. I always felt he never got the recognition he deserved and is one of the greats of the game. But sadly I had to come to the terms of the reality that he is human like any other. He certainly has made some mistakes in his past and until he works on this conflict within himself will not attain it.

Its not so much that Efren is so skilled and multi talented at the game but his character that we so much admire. Defeated or not he still is a great great champion. That you cant say about many others.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Whenever Efren has won he has never shown a weakness in ego to flaunt his winnings. What does he always say. "I got lucky"!. Not so many others.
Just as there are those (they) who will never believe Efren can be defeated there are those who see no flaws in their heroes.
I know the feeling.
Being from Hawaii I have a greater empathy and compassion for my homeboy Rodney Morris. I always felt he never got the recognition he deserved and is one of the greats of the game. But sadly I had to come to the terms of the reality that he is human like any other. He certainly has made some mistakes in his past and until he works on this conflict within himself will not attain it.

Its not so much that Efren is so skilled and multi talented at the game but his character that we so much admire. Defeated or not he still is a great great champion. That you cant say about many others.

Keone; Your homeboy, Rodney Morris, will be in Cocoa Beach over the weekend, at the "Xtreme Pool Challenge" Arena. I spoke with him on the phone the other day, He's coming possibly to do a clinic and private lessons or play another match with Corey Deuel.

Last edited:

keoneyo

Verified Member
Keone; Your homeboy, Rodney Morris, will be in Cocoa Beach over the weekend, at the "Xtreme Pool Challenge" Arena. I spoke with him on the phone the other day, He's coming possibly to do a clinic and private lessons or play another match with Corey Deuel.

He played a great game against Corey. That kick to get out on the last game was Efrenic.
I hope he does well. I wish he would play one pocket more.

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
I'm really glad we got to a topic in this thread that REALLY interests me. That is, as a sociologist, the CULTURE of gambling and pool fascinates me. It strikes me as interesting the way the roles in the culture play themselves out. For example, you have a guy who is otherwise unremarkable - working class guy who drives a truck and struggles to get by. However, place him in a pool hall, with a cue - say a Ronnie Allen type - and his status is slightly above president.

To get to my point, the whole "heart" thing with gambling is funny. On the one hand, if you take a risk and it pays off, you've got stones. Do the same thing and scratch, its stupid. The other thing that is noteworthy is this whole romanticization of "going off." Likely just part of the larger gambling culture, it does not make a whole lot of sense. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like watching players wear their heart on their sleeve and bet it up, but what happens later is interesting - later on, they are somehow ascribed some abilities or talent for pool and gambling based on the fact that they LOST a lot of money.

At any rate, we romanticize gambling and life on the road. Truth is, even for the very few who do it and the even fewer who succeed, it's a bitch. We remember and tell stories only about the good parts.