Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2019, 07:00 AM
Administrator

I notice another option besides admin is "moderator" -- I added john and Mitch as moderators for now. I think the main difference is admin can change the group setting itself, and I am ok with not getting a lot of hands in that right now anyway lol.

But the more public we are, the more we are going to have to stay on top of content to keep it ON TOPIC! To me, the off topic junk is the main thing that kills many groups. We want our page to reflect our mission -- promote and inform about mainly One Pocket. Thank you

Dave Gross want to volunteer??

Anyone else want to volunteer as a moderator??

I never mind being the "bad guy" in terms of enforcing our rules, so I don't even mind if you guys are extra eyes and leave me the dirty work of warning or blocking a repeated spammer.
Old 07-02-2019, 07:23 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Steve View Post
I notice another option besides admin is "moderator" -- I added john and Mitch as moderators for now. I think the main difference is admin can change the group setting itself, and I am ok with not getting a lot of hands in that right now anyway lol.

But the more public we are, the more we are going to have to stay on top of content to keep it ON TOPIC! To me, the off topic junk is the main thing that kills many groups. We want our page to reflect our mission -- promote and inform about mainly One Pocket. Thank you

I never mind being the "bad guy" in terms of enforcing our rules, so I don't even mind if you guys are extra eyes and leave me the dirty work of warning or blocking a repeated spammer.

Right, I think you should be the Admin and just let a couple of others be mods.. I'm on FB a lot and I am a mod in things. I just go in and approve people. I used to ask a question or two to make sure they are sincere, but I said F that long ago.. I would help if you ever want, but if you have Mitch and The Crab Cat and your main helper, you don't need any more, I don't think.. But it's nice.. I like it.. Like in this one, this morning, I just click where it says four people, and then the list will come up and you can do each person separately, or hit a button that says approve all, which is what I always do..

Old 07-02-2019, 09:33 AM
Verified Member

i found it thanks
Old 07-02-2019, 10:34 AM
Verified Member

Quote:

Got it and accepted. I'm always glad to help out when I can. I know Mitch, Dave and Mark are pretty active on Facebook so we should have it covered pretty good unless someone else wants to jump in.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:56 PM
Verified Member

Quote:

I would be happy to volunteer if you need another. Count me in...always
Old 07-02-2019, 02:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12squared View Post
I would be happy to volunteer if you need another. Count me in...always
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
Got it and accepted. I'm always glad to help out when I can. I know Mitch, Dave and Mark are pretty active on Facebook so we should have it covered pretty good unless someone else wants to jump in.
Thank you both of you! For that matter all who have helped.
Old 07-02-2019, 07:11 PM
Verified Member

I try to stay away from Facebook. Too many issues and problems. Maybe not with one pocket though
Old 07-02-2019, 07:19 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtompilot View Post
I try to stay away from Facebook. Too many issues and problems. Maybe not with one pocket though
For better or for worse, Facebook is used at least once a day by 2.1 billion people, making it the most powerful social networking tool in the history of man. We have one pocketeers wandering in the desert, man. Facebook is an easy way to connect.
Old 07-03-2019, 07:29 PM
Verified Member

Facebook up to over 270 members. Keep inviting. We are building our army.
Old 07-03-2019, 08:31 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRLongArm View Post
Facebook up to over 270 members. Keep inviting. We are building our army.
I did my part! My only 3 friends joined up.