Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2019, 06:37 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis "Whitey" Young View Post
https://photos.app.goo.gl/sB2iEsVYcd5hZQe77
click on video to enlarge!
Nice stroke, Whitey. That was the first shot I looked at. Most guys don't shoot that shot because they believe it'll cause a foul. But if a guy is used to shooting it, it can sometimes be a life saver. You shot it with perfect speed.

The conservative shot is to leave the CB uptable, ala Frank & Jerry. If a guy is feeling his Wheaties he might shoot the "Dixie Whistler" on the 7, going twice across with the cue ball. Doc would shoot the conservative shot..

~Doc
Old 07-08-2019, 10:32 PM
Verified Member

Whitey, great shot, thanks for posting the video. I will have to take this to table to learn how to execute.
Old 07-09-2019, 12:38 AM
Verified Member

Thanks for the compliments guys! I was just being rascally with Ghost when I said; 'awh that's easy', I thought I'd get a rise out of him! Well Of course these shots are not that easy!

Billy Jackets, I have been trying your shot, and wow what a shot! I am starting to get the 11 over by the hole, rattled, but have not made it yet. I am hitting the cue ball with 2 o'clock high follow w/ just slightly above a level stroke aiming 7/8 full or even fuller on the 9. I've been nicely getting out of illegally pushing through!

Also I have been trying Frank's shot by using the same method but aim less full on the 9. Both shots are extremely challenging. But very gratifying when that 11 is setting by your hole! Thanks for the posts, guys! I would of never of even realized these shots were there! Whitey
Old 07-09-2019, 12:56 AM
Verified Member

Quote:

Excuse me, I mistakenly stated 1 o'clock, I meant to say; 11 o'clock.

Here you go Cincy Kid, enjoy! Whitey

I want to thank Mr3cushion for I was thinking about him and the recent billiard videos he has been putting up, whereas the cue ball has been double reversing out of the corner. This one is for you, and I believe you would of shot it exactly like this! thanks, Whitey
Great shot Whitey... I will have to try this one at the table.
I am still banking the 2 ball back, but I got some other uses for this shot and I love it.
Old 07-09-2019, 01:26 AM
Verified Member

Default Nice shot

Nice shot Whitey! As someone else mentioned it's also the first shot I saw. But to be honest I had no idea how to play it so it never entered my mind again...lol... I will practice it. Could come in very handy. Thanks for another cool video.
Old 07-09-2019, 01:29 AM
Verified Member

http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14253

another option....
Old 07-09-2019, 03:19 AM
Verified Member

Quote:

Excuse me, I mistakenly stated 1 o'clock, I meant to say; 11 o'clock.

Here you go Cincy Kid, enjoy! Whitey

I want to thank Mr3cushion for I was thinking about him and the recent billiard videos he has been putting up, whereas the cue ball has been double reversing out of the corner. This one is for you, and I believe you would of shot it exactly like this! thanks, Whitey
Nice shot/stroke Whitey...and don't forget now that I get 9-7 whenever we ever meet each other

- Ghost
Old 07-09-2019, 03:21 AM
Verified Member

the masse shot looks wonderful. will you bet high and try it on a strange table with dirty balls from playing all day. and only with one try.

and how do you handle it after your opponent swears he heard a double click and you fouled and you own a ball. even on the video it wasnt clear it didnt double hit.

or the house man jumps up and says we dont allow masse shots here and its an intentional foul and dont do it again or you are barred.

think real life and not real cool.
Old 07-09-2019, 03:37 AM
Verified Member

overall my thoughts are larrys shot i need 5 tries to find the exact spot to hit on the first rail before i would shoot it. to much can go wrong.

the other safes do little for you and will make you suffer 4 or 5 turns down the road.

the masse shot only with a couple tries first at it and a video, or the opponent agreeing he wont call a foul.

banking the 2 ball or the 7 ball into the 8 ball if i could do either and also leave him badly. is probably the best and a good offensive shot that can really do damage to him.

otherwise freezing against the 9 as then i think i am more likely to get a bank on the 11 before he gets a shot at it or he has to shoot me into a better position..

tony would bank the 7 and alex would freeze to the 9.
Old 07-09-2019, 05:26 AM
Verified Member

I would bank the 7 one rail to the top rail and back to my hole maybe hitting one of the balls near my hole closer and leave the CB near the top pocket of Ghost side.---Smitty