Screenshots

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I greatly appreciate the WWYD photos, diagrams and comments posted here. They are my favorite part of this site because i can learn from them without going to the pool room. (I play once every week or so and can keep up with people who play every day. I just need about 4-5 games to warm up). I am an retired graphic designer with advanced computer skills and i can copy a scene from a video, draw a diagram on it and post it to 1P.org in a matter of 1 minute or 2. I have watched just about every free 1 pocket video there is on the web. And occasionally i see something i like and i'll post a wwyd. For those of you that are interested, here's how i do it. When i'm watching a video on the web and see something i like i just reverse back to the image i want and hit the pause button. Now on you keyboard (usually near the upper right hand side) press the key labeled "print screen", this is referred to as a screenshot. You won't see anything happen but the picture is now captured and can be "pasted" into the program you are using with the drawing tools. Just open your program and select paste or
"Ctrl V" on your keyboard. Its best if you are viewing the video at full screen.

Also I recently took a picture already posted here (SVB vs Efren) added a diagram and comment, and posted it back on the same thread. How i did it- Right click on the photo and save picture to your hard drive. Import the picture to a program with drawing tools. Add your diagram and save to your hard drive as a JPEG. Then all you have to do is use the "manage attachments" button and import that picture to a posting. Well its easy for me anyway....

Contact me directly if you want to do this but need some help. Thanks, 8andOut...

E&O,

I've got a question for you; why do the screenshots I save always have a little blurriness around the edges of the balls? Is there a way to prevent this and get an exact duplicate of the screen?

P.S. When I "print screen" it automatically uses "Greenshot". Does this make a difference?

Dennis

8andout

Verified Member
Quality of images

Quality of images

There are several forces involved in the quality of an image. The first is the quality of the origianl video. Was it taken with a phone or with a professional video camera. Then there is the quality of the upload of the video to the internet. The person uploading has some control over the quality. Of which the higher the quality the slower it will take to upload and use up his valuable time. Lastly the quality of the monitor you are using and the resolution you are viewing on your screen. You can set your monitor to the highest resolution by going to- Control Panel- Display- Settings- and set screen resolution to "highest". The blurriness of the balls is caused by all of these things combined. Just like in old Charlie Chaplen movies its your brain that blends those frames together to make the images look like the really moving. Lastly when your screenshot goes directly to your greenshot program, your computer remembers where you like to use your screenshots and thats a good thing that saves you time. The main thing to remember is that the internet uses very low quality images and you can't expect more from it.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
There are several forces involved in the quality of an image. The first is the quality of the origianl video. Was it taken with a phone or with a professional video camera. Then there is the quality of the upload of the video to the internet. The person uploading has some control over the quality. Of which the higher the quality the slower it will take to upload and use up his valuable time. Lastly the quality of the monitor you are using and the resolution you are viewing on your screen. You can set your monitor to the highest resolution by going to- Control Panel- Display- Settings- and set screen resolution to "highest". The blurriness of the balls is caused by all of these things combined. Just like in old Charlie Chaplen movies its your brain that blends those frames together to make the images look like the really moving. Lastly when your screenshot goes directly to your greenshot program, your computer remembers where you like to use your screenshots and thats a good thing that saves you time. The main thing to remember is that the internet uses very low quality images and you can't expect more from it.

E&O,

I have my screen res at the highest setting already. I usually take screenshots from newer AccuStats dvd's so the quality is great. On my monitor the pics are great but as soon as I do a screenshot the ball edges come up blurrier. That's my problem. Thanks for your advice though, I had never checked screen res before.

Dennis