Now is your chance..

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
All you em' ef 'ers that have issues with the infamous "beat list" and are headed to Derby City, now is your chance to prove all those ridiculous "theories" and suppositions that have been bandied about. There will be plenty of guys there that have landed on that roster. Now is your chance, seek and speak now, or forever hold your peace. You may also inquire about how "mentally weak" I was in my career.

...now my message to the good un's --- see ya there!

Beard

You can also ask if I was over-matched playing Billy Stroud bank pool.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
fred bentivegna said:
All you em' ef 'ers that have issues with the infamous "beat list" and are headed to Derby City, now is your chance to prove all those ridiculous "theories" and suppositions that have been bandied about. There will be plenty of guys there that have landed on that roster. Now is your chance, seek and speak now or forever hold your peace. You may also inquire about how "mentally weak" I was in my career.

now to the good un's, see ya there!

Beard

I just would like to have a drink with you, I'm buying. ;)

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Freddie, the people that know......know the truth.

The people at the Rack wouldn't have put you in action or bet on you for nothing.

I've heard enough stories and seen myself so the doughters or naysayers are just full of it. If Cornbread told me somebody played good, that was good enough for me. Red had a funny rating system the way he would say how good people were.

There won't be too many dissenting opinions.

Terry Ardeno

Verified Member
From
Washington, Pa
fred bentivegna said:
All you em' ef 'ers that have issues with the infamous "beat list" and are headed to Derby City, now is your chance to prove all those ridiculous "theories" and suppositions that have been bandied about. There will be plenty of guys there that have landed on that roster. Now is your chance, seek and speak now, or forever hold your peace. You may also inquire about how "mentally weak" I was in my career.

Beard

Wish I could be there Beard. Maybe next year.
In the mean time, enjoy yourself and have some fun.

PS-Great to see you posting again!

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Have Fun

Have Fun

Freddy,
wish I could be there... only a couple more days till I am back in the land of the big PX...LOL

Looking forward to spring in Chicago...

Try not to take all their money...

B

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Welcome back Fred...I've missed you !!!!!

Welcome back Fred...I've missed you !!!!!

fred bentivegna said:

Beard

Well Fred, you must have gotten word that I won't be making it, so you thought you'd fire a cheap shot (#270)...in order to perpetuate our ongoing differences. I don't remember saying you were mentally weak, although I'm sure I may have pointed out how "mentally unstable" you have become, in your deciling years.

If I could be there, I can only say, I would not spend one nano-second trying to prove or dis-prove your "infamous beat list"...It's YOU that feels the burning desire to validate your unbeatable prowess, and gamesmanship.

Most of your claims happened so far back, that I honestly believe, that you believe, them all to be set in stone.

If I may offer a suggestion...while you are sitting in your booth, why don't you put up a large blow-up of your "beat list"...and have all those player's (still competent, and above ground) check off their status,...I would also suggest giving them several options, in a column next to their name...such as...

A. Yes, The Beard destoyed me at...(name game)...But Cornbread and Lomako double steered me..:eek:

B. Yes, but I was in 'stall mode', or drunk...(Got him real good later though).:p

C. Yes, but it was a tournament race to 3, and I was only 12 yrs. old, (and the Beard made me sign some paper, testifying to it..:( )

D. NO, The Beard couldn't beat me on his best day, and my worst...:cool:

One can only imagine the flood of B, C, and D check marks, and the darth of A marks...I would think you would spend a great lot of your time in the booth,"defending your honor" !

I know deep down you'll miss me, not being there [sic] And I will surely miss it too... But, have a great Derby...and don't get Fast Lenny drunk, and try to rob him...His stakehorse (the cook at Kolby's) will be there, you could easily add him to your list...:rolleyes:

PS..I would guesstimate the Stroud check mark, (wherever placed)...could lead to fisticuffs...Heh heh..!!!

PPS..You're still my favorite storyteller...Hope you get to see me next year, until then.......

View attachment 2249

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
SJDinPHX said:
Well Fred, you must have gotten word that I won't be making it, so you thought you'd fire a cheap shot (#270)...in order to perpetuate our ongoing differences. I don't remember saying you were mentally weak, although I'm sure I may have pointed out how "mentally unstable" you have become, in your deciling years.

If I could be there, I can only say, I would not spend one nano-second trying to prove or dis-prove your "infamous beat list"...It's YOU that feels the burning desire to validate your unbeatable prowess, and gamesmanship.

Most of your claims happened so far back, that I honestly believe, that you believe, them all to be set in stone.

If I may offer a suggestion...while you are sitting in your booth, why don't you put up a large blow-up of your "beat list"...and have all those player's (still competent, and above ground) check off their status,...I would also suggest giving them several options, in a column next to their name...such as...

A. Yes, The Beard destoyed me at...(name game)...But Cornbread and Lomako double steered me..B. Yes, but I was in 'stall mode', or drunk...(Got him real good later though).:p

C. Yes, but it was a tournament race to 3, and I was only 12 yrs. old, (and the Beard made me sign some paper, testifying to it..:( )

D. NO, The Beard couldn't beat me on his best day, and my worst...:cool:

One can only imagine the flood of B, C, and D check marks, and the darth of A marks...I would think you would spend a great lot of your time in the booth,"defending your honor" !

I know deep down you'll miss me, not being there [sic] And I will surely miss it too... But, have a great Derby...and don't get Fast Lenny drunk, and try to rob him...His stakehorse (the cook at Kolby's) will be there, you could easily add him to your list...:rolleyes:

PS..I would guesstimate the Stroud check mark, (wherever placed)...could lead to fisticuffs...Heh heh..!!!

PPS..You're still my favorite storyteller...Hope you get to see me next year, until then.......

View attachment 2249
You're really not going? What about the game with The Ghost, and JH's action.? Sorry to hear that you're not going, I was looking forward to watch you and Ghosty.:( Hope every things alright, good luck and good night.

Billy I.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Originally Posted by SJDinPHX

Who didn't know that! :rolleyes:

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

SJDinPHX

Suspended
I'm blowing pretty good $$$, by not being able to go...

I'm blowing pretty good $$$, by not being able to go...

wincardona said:
You're really not going? What about the game with The Ghost, and JH's action.? Sorry to hear that you're not going, I was looking forward to watch you and Ghosty.:( Hope every things alright, good luck and good night.

Billy I.

Got some crappy health issues right now Bill...I will have to live vicariously through John H. this year...My $$$ WILL be in action though...;)

Have a great Derby..:)

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
SJDinPHX said:
Got some crappy health issues right now Bill...I will have to live vicariously through John H. this year...My $$$ WILL be in action though...;)

Sorry to hear your not going bud. I was hoping we could play some for a steak and a drink but maybe some other time. I bet against your horse in his game with Bernie and the Ghost, I will take another $200 with you if you like. I have never seen the Ghost play but I know Bernie plays well and...perhaps I made a bad bet on this dynamic duo, wont be the first time. :eek:

cuesmith

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:

Beard

Good to see you back and posting again! See you at the banquet if not before!

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Fast Lenny said:
Sorry to hear your not going bud. I was hoping we could play some for a steak and a drink but maybe some other time. I bet against your horse in his game with Bernie and the Ghost, I will take another $200 with you if you like. I have never seen the Ghost play but I know Bernie plays well and...perhaps I made a bad bet on this dynamic duo, wont be the first time. :eek:

PM sent...

Deeman

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:

Good luck with the health issues. This bottle of Yukon Jack will keep till next year! Maybe! :)

We will miss you this year.

DeeMan

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Well......The Beard gets to add Ronnie Wiseman to his list!

Freddie put that thing in him last night in the banks. We had fun with it too and Ronnie took it fine....he didn't like it but he took it.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
stevelomako said:
Well......The Beard gets to add Ronnie Wiseman to his list!

Freddie put that thing in him last night in the banks. We had fun with it too and Ronnie took it fine....he didn't like it but he took it.

Steve; That made my day,when I heard it! Freddy might have to get a BIGGER gun, the notches are adding up!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion" :D

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
fred bentivegna said:

Beard

em' ef 'ers? Did you mean Motherf@@kers? Then fu@@ing say so and put it in the members forum where it belongs. Stop acting like a 14 year old girl who got felt up behind the junior high school gym.

The only person lately who has had a "problem" with your "beat list" is Bill Stroud. He says you were "dreaming" if you thought you ever beat him playing anything. You have him on your "beat list" for banks & one-pocket. You have always said that if anyone on your "beat list" contests it then you will back it up. So far I've seen nothing that backs it up. You've quite publicly avoided mentioning it. Either tell Bill Stroud that you think he's full of shit and back it up or acknowledge that you made a mistake. What's the big deal? You are the person who said you'd fire back at Osama Bin Laden are you not? You put Bill on a public "beat list", he publicly says that you are "dreaming" if you think you ever beat him playing anything and then you never publicly say shit about it again. What's the big deal? One of you is full of shit, and just so you don't think I have nothing better to do right now then attack you, I think it's him.

But it'd be nice to hear you say it. You pride yourself on your own outspokenness so let's hear it. Either tell Bill Stroud that he's full of shit or admit that you made a mistake. One or the other is true.

Concerning your "mentally weak" statement: The next time that you say that I called you "mentally weak" please quote this relevant post:
Cowboy Dennis said:
Freddy,

The 7,8 & the break statement is neither vitriolic nor scornful, and it's certainly not a challenge(how could we ever prove it now?) it's simply a statement of fact. Just because I wasn't a top player doesn't mean that I couldn't out-think them or play my speed or better against them. I did exactly those things, many times but not always. Judging by your posts the last 2 years I would say that you are not strong mentally. Your game had serious up & down swings as you've stated many times. You used pharmaceuticals to help you perform as you've stated many times. You get hot at the drop of a hat. These are not the signs of a mentally tough player. My game never had up & down swings and I couldn't even drink coffee while playing because it made me so wired. I played on the natch for 30 years and have no excuses for my losses and take no credit for my wins. I rarely think of either.

Anybody who let you go to 8 when you were giving them 10-7 was a moron. That's another statement of fact. How could you possibly argue that? I'm sure you don't think highly of their intelligence, do you? You referred to them as a "passel of shortstops". They were idiots. If you want to claim credit for playing idiots for 30 years that's up to you. My statement is neither nice nor un-nice, I just stated what I thought of any player who would let anybody do that, that's all.

P.S. Thanks for a very humorous reply . I knew you had it in you .

Dennis

The next time that you say that I called you mentally weak I will call you a liar. Here is my post, do not change it or interpret anything into it that I did not write. Use my words and challenge them or STFU about it.

Dennis

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
mr3cushion said:
Steve; That made my day,when I heard it! Freddy might have to get a BIGGER gun, the notches are adding up!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion" :D

Mr. Buttinski,

I chose to ignore your post #10, because, as usual, your reply made almost no sense...to anyone !

I see you are not at the Derby either. Did you over-order on your wildy successful [sic] DVD, and book. (on a long dead game,
rarely played in the english speaking world any more).:rolleyes:

One can only imagine what an exciting life you must lead, that a win for your homey would "make your day"..:eek: ...Not to diminish his 'hard fought' victory...but, I would probably be the favorite to beat Mr.Wiseman at bank pool myself..:eek:

Mr. Onepocketbankpoolduck.

PS..Fred allready has the biggest (verbal) gun, in the universe..:p

Last edited:

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
SJDinPHX said:
Mr. Buttinski,

I chose to ignore your post #10, because, as usual, your reply made almost no sense...to anyone !

I see you are not at the Derby either. Did you over-order on your wildy successful [sic] DVD, and book. (on a long dead game,
rarely played in the english speaking world any more).:rolleyes:

One can only imagine what an exciting life you must lead, that a win for your homey would "make your day"..:eek: ...Not to diminish his 'hard fought' victory...but, I would probably be the favorite to beat Mr.Wiseman at bank pool myself..:eek:

Mr. Onepocketbankpoolduck.

PS..Fred allready has the biggest (verbal) gun, in the universe..:p

First of all A** Hole, I was only goin if you were goin, I wanted to witness LIVE, the Ghost's humiliation of you! BTW, (Ghosty, I sure hope you don't pussy out and NOT take down the NO SHOW money) and Freddy verballly abusing you as well, at the HOF dinner, and I'm sure the look on Allen Hopkin's face would have been priceless to meet such a STAR employee of UPS!

But Duck, I'm really not mad at you for not showing up, you made me $200.00, yeh, that's right, I bet 2 guys on this forum you would be a NO SHOW, would you like your end? Was absolutely NO surprise to me!!!!

Let's be honest here, you were not prepared to repel the "slings and arrows"
awaiting you at the DCC this year. What ever you say your reasons are, we both know the truth, when you look in the mirror, what do you REALLY see.
I guess ther's only one left to do, practice up for next year, you don't have that much time left.

Bill Smith "Mr($200.00 richer)3Cushion"

P.S. BTW, 427 books and DVD's in 6 months and counting$$$$$$$$$$