Tell me 1 good reason why kickbanks aren't legal in banks?

unoperro

Verified Member
As the title says why aren't kickbanks legal?

I don't know of any banks that could be accidently made if you missed the object ball on the way by, so that can't be it.

Sometimes rules need to change.

Last edited by a moderator:

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
As the title says why aren't kickbacks legal?

I don't know of any banks that could be accidently made if you missed the object ball on the way by, so that can't be it.

That is quite a good question. I've often thought kicks banks are some of the prettiest shots and when the OB is within a ball or two of the rail, you can usually get close on a full-ball hit.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
My guess is that they're not allowed because kick shots are not really banks, in the sense that an OB is shot into a rail and on into a pocket.

On the other hand it could be argued that kick banks might be allowed. For example kicking the CB into a rail then into an OB which then banks into a called pocket.

But bank pool was obviously intended to be a "ball first" game.

I believe they do allow 3 rail kicks, or some such, at the end of the ring games at DCC. Not sure about that.

~Doc

oldroller

Verified Member
???

???

Why only 3 strikes in baseball?And 4 balls for a walk??Why are footballs not round,,they are balls??

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown

I am not waxing poetic.
A kick bank is a bank!

onedog, I've always thought the same thing...you are 100% correct - the rule is stupid - kick-banks are banks/a type of bank shot, period...:cool:

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD

On the other hand it could be argued that kick banks might be allowed. For example kicking the CB into a rail then into an OB which then banks into a called pocket.

~Doc

Doc,

Are you suggesting that this shot would not be accepted in a game under existing rules?

I always thought they were legitimate bank shots. If not, why not?

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado

Kisses/combinations/air shots for banks (illegal/no count)............and rules in 14.1 are rock solid for a reason. The greats before us have proven that. I couldn't imagine someone taking credit and surpassing the Knoxville bears record of 37 in a row to 40 because of ''kick shots'' being counted as a true bank.
Why not have a pool table with 8'' pockets and see if someone can surpass Mosconi's high run.

John Brumback

Verified Member
I certainly agree. Can anyone show me the rule that would make this not so?

Rule # 1 in bankpool...

You must contact the object ball first. And it must go clean,( that is without touching any other balls)

IMO, bank pool is the most pure form of pocket billiards there is. I hope it stays that way.

Oh and BTW it has the least amount of luck than any pocket billiards game.:D this face goes out to Steve B.:D John B.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Rule # 1 in bankpool...

You must contact the object ball first. And it must go clean,( that is without touching any other balls)

IMO, bank pool is the most pure form of pocket billiards there is. I hope it stays that way.

Oh and BTW it has the least amount of luck than any pocket billiards game.:D this face goes out to Steve B.:D John B.

thanks john for clarifying that
where are the bank pool rules available to read??
or is it the understood way passed on from generations??
just askin...you know i am in your corner...:)

John Brumback

Verified Member
thanks john for clarifying that
where are the bank pool rules available to read??
or is it the understood way passed on from generations??
just askin...you know i am in your corner...:)

Not sure where you can read them Larry. I guess you can make up your own tho:) John B.