The Partner Match Is ON

Deeman

Verified Member
I arrived just in time! All four look lean and mean. I have offered to give advice but nobody accepted!

Last year I did play by play but I think I'll leave that to someone else and enjoy the match.

I do see Hary Platis and Scott Frost are watching trying to pick up a few finer points. :)

DeeMan

Matt_24

Verified Member
This has been an entertaining match. When I first tuned in a few hours ago Freddy was up at bat, and shot two long/hard shots in a row....Nice looking cue he has as well.

It has been a nice battle to watch from the comfort of my office chair. Right now, John's team needs to win 3 in a row and is maintaining position to win this next game. Good stuff!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I posted a few photos here:

http://www.poolinaction.com/2012Tou...c-2012/2012-Derby-City-Action/21122917_JBHdMX

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
how did the match go ??
i missed it:(:(

Larry....You among others, asked me how the partners match went, and my take on it...so here's my take, in a nutshell...

John and I lost for the following reasons...

For our respective speeds....Billy played average...Freddy played average...John and I played below average..:frus...:(....also...

...On their teams first break, the corner ball went in for Billy and the rack opened up with several subsequent balls open for easy running...Billy ran 6 - and so, that game was over before it started.

Later, Ghost

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Larry....You among others, asked me how the partners match went, and my take on it...so here's my take, in a nutshell...

John and I lost for the following reasons...

For our respective speeds....Billy played average...Freddy played average...John and I played below average..:frus...:(....also...

...On their teams first break, the corner ball went in for Billy and the rack opened up with several subsequent balls open for easy running...Billy ran 6 - and so, that game was over before it started.

Later, Ghost
I got to watch it and it was not pretty at all, some good shots from everyone though here and there. In the one game I was shocked you did not win because you guys had ball in hand I believe twice which you missed both shots, not sure if it was nerves or just a bad day. Freddy missed some banks I expected a man of his caliber to make and double kissed one or two others. Billy played pretty solid though as did Freddy overall. I thought John also played okay coming with some good shots but lost the cue ball a couple times. I know you play better than you did in that match and I am sure it was a crappy feeling not to play your game.

I am just stating what I saw so please take no offense, you guys got up and played and the with the live stream and people watching it can get in your head at times if your not focused on the game and money. I also did not think that you and John meshed well as partners where Freddy and Billy seemed to work well together. That one shot where John said you HAD to move the ball, he was 100% right and I think you know that now but were worried about the scratch with the slippery cloth and big pockets on that table, you still did not play the bank with any spin and went straight up and down table giving the easy out. I know all of you guys can give me 10-7, Billy perhaps a bit more but I just wanted to give my opinion on what I saw. Maybe others who watched will chime in with theirs.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Nice post Lenny and fairly accurate. I did watch the match and my opinion is that Billy was the difference in the match. John and The Ghost did not play to their ability and Freddy only shot at balls that were basically free. The one time that he had to shoot a ball that if he didn't draw the cue ball he would sell out he missed. If they would have concentrated in playing Billy more safe and only take shots when Freddy followed things might have been different. I'm not taking anything from Freddy, he just isn't Billy, but he did play a very smart game.

Turning Billy lose in my opinion was the difference. Him making a ball on the break and running some balls was hugh although IMO he played the wrong shot to continue his run to win the game. He should have shot the ten ball with right bottom to position the open balls near his side rail instead of trying to break open some more balls. The balls he needed were in the open. All in all I enjoyed the match. They were out there doing what I wish I could have been doing.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Nice post Lenny and fairly accurate. I did watch the match and my opinion is that Billy was the difference in the match. John and The Ghost did not play to their ability and Freddy only shot at balls that were basically free. The one time that he had to shoot a ball that if he didn't draw the cue ball he would sell out he missed. If they would have concentrated in playing Billy more safe and only take shots when Freddy followed things might have been different. I'm not taking anything from Freddy, he just isn't Billy, but he did play a very smart game.

Turning Billy lose in my opinion was the difference. Him making a ball on the break and running some balls was hugh although IMO he played the wrong shot to continue his run to win the game. He should have shot the ten ball with right bottom to position the open balls near his side rail instead of trying to break open some more balls. The balls he needed were in the open. All in all I enjoyed the match. They were out there doing what I wish I could have been doing.

I agree 100% with dabarber and I enjoyed your advice and comments during the match. It was fun. But the reason that Freddy shows any chinks is because of his eyes. You can tell if you also have eyes that are going fuzzy. He has to keep looking until they focus in. I wish he had his young eyes back and we could see how formidable he was. Billy of course is playing good.