Jack Hines

Trebor

Verified Member
From
Action, USA
I'm sure many of you all know this very colorful player even though he's flown under the radar for over 30 years. I was wondering if you guys knew if he was dead or alive. There were many rumors surrounding his demise a few years ago which found to be un-true. I know he was in a bad motorcycle accident that broke his arm. On another note, what is it with pool players and bikes? It should be a law that if you played pool you shouldn't be allowed ride a bike. Bad luck... I miss Scotty Townsend.

beatle

Verified Member
he was a great pool player. not a one pocket player. and hasnt been heard of in awhile and with his rep. who cares.

Trebor

Verified Member
From
Action, USA
he was a great pool player. not a one pocket player. and hasnt been heard of in awhile and with his rep. who cares.

Yeah he wasn't a boy scout. I saw him play 1 hole one time back in 97-98 at Lamberts in Baton Rouge, LA. Jack & Cliff Joyner were partnered against CJ Wiley and Jack Cooney. If my memory serves me correct they broke even. Jack was doing crazy stuff, he did make a few hero shots if i recall. That guy was a piece of work. He'd bring his pet Iguana into the pool room.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
I'm sure many of you all know this very colorful player even though he's flown under the radar for over 30 years. I was wondering if you guys knew if he was dead or alive. There were many rumors surrounding his demise a few years ago which found to be un-true. I know he was in a bad motorcycle accident that broke his arm. On another note, what is it with pool players and bikes? It should be a law that if you played pool you shouldn't be allowed ride a bike. Bad luck... I miss Scotty Townsend.

Jack has married rich and quit playing pool. He's living in Livingston Parish, Louisiana and never shows up anymore. Last month, a local from the pool hall room described a guy in a local bar in Livingston playing unreal pool. When he described him, I knew it was Jack.

beatle

Verified Member
hope he is drug free and gets his mental state in shape and lives a happy normal life away from what ruined him.