Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2019, 01:33 PM
Verified Member

Default T-Rex doing T-Rex type stuff

First game of Sky vs T-Rex at the 2019 DCC. T-Rex made a great bank earlier and got very unlucky to have the cueball scratch (after a very full carom on another ball), which combined with good play on Skyler's part , has led to Tony having a 5 ball deficit. Tony is in a very tough spot here (he's the bottom-right pocket); WWYD? WWED? WDTD?
Attached Images

Old 07-10-2019, 02:44 PM
Verified Member

Very tough spot. WWTD....Bank the 14 into the 3/11 combo to your hole. Play CB with low left drawing two rails out of the top corner on your side and bring the cb down below the 8 on the long rail.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardmix View Post
Very tough spot. WWTD....Bank the 14 into the 3/11 combo to your hole. Play CB with low left drawing two rails out of the top corner on your side and bring the cb down below the 8 on the long rail.
That was my first thought too. Maybe I actually am learning something.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:37 PM
Verified Member

Default What Tony did, I suspect is likely what Efren would have done, is this...

https://youtu.be/lDVvh7DcX_w

About 8:30 in...
Old 07-10-2019, 04:45 PM
Verified Member

Tony got very lucky he missed 2 separate kisses or it would have been game over right there. but then again, that's his game right? Pulls off amazing shots that make you do a double take even if they are not the "right" shot or even if they don't always produce good results, he is definitely fun to watch when he is on.

WWID? If I had a path, I like the 3 rail safety intentional behind the 10, but the balls are in the way, so I will just do a 1 rail long intentional to the same place...
Old 07-10-2019, 05:14 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardmix View Post
This game and shot irked me enough where i mentioned it to him. I was watching Ashleys stream when it happened...Too busy talking to his girl and not paying attention so he didn't even know what Tony shot and then gave up....lol
Old 07-10-2019, 06:43 PM
Verified Member

I'd probably come off the right side of the 15 ball (teal stripe) with right spin on the CB, kicking off the long rail and bumping away the opponent's 10 ball.

I'm sure Tony pulled something out of his backside to create a fantastic shot...

~Doc
Old 07-10-2019, 06:47 PM
Verified Member

5 off the three into the 15 while using the three to cleat the balls near skys pocket and rolling the cue ball to the rail
Old 07-11-2019, 08:47 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkins View Post
5 off the three into the 15 while using the three to clear the balls near skys pocket and rolling the cue ball to the rail
Good shot Cat. Looks like that has a good chance to work if you don't get kissed out or sold out by something coming out of his corner.