Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > Bank Pool Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2016, 01:21 PM
Verified Member

Default Half ball bank system

I friend of mine tried to show me the half ball bank system. I couldn't understand it but he was a jam up banker. Has anyone had experience with it?
Old 09-17-2016, 02:29 PM
Verified Member

Default finally,a believer !!

I'm a huge fan of the half ball bank. I learned it in 1971-72 in Providence . Hitting exactly 1/2 of the object ball is the easy part. This will sound crazy, but look at the object ball, notice the shadow it throws on the cloth. More times than most the shadow will be left or right. Sometimes the shadow is even. Whichever side the shadow is on, use that side spin on the cueball. Center shadow, center ball lDon't forget to compensate for the masse' effect. With a little practice you'll be splitting pockets. A note on one shot in particlar, head or foot rail one bank in the side. Its the same shot as a cross side from a side rail. Get it? The table is two squares. You need to shoot the shot much softer. Easy peasy. Go practice, thank me later.

Last edited by TomRoden; 09-17-2016 at 08:41 PM.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:34 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRoden View Post
I'm a huge fan of the half ball bank. I learned it in 1971-72 in Providence . Hitting exactly 1/2 of the object ball is the easy part. This will sound crazy, but look at the object ball, notice the shadow it throws on the cloth. More times than most the shadow will be left or right. Sometimes the shadow is even. Whichever side the shadow is on, use that side spin on the cueball. Center shadow, center ball lDon't forget to compensate for the masse' effect. With a little practice you'll be splitting pockets. A note on one shot in particlar, head or foot rail one bank in the side. Its the same shot as a cross side from a side rail. Get it? The table is two squares. You need to shoot the shot much softer. Easy peasy. Go practice, thank me later.
Can't wait to try it Monday, I already use three things, when they all come together, I feel pretty confident.
If I can add this it'll be even better.
Thanx
Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
(e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working
Old 09-19-2016, 10:45 AM
Verified Member

Thumbs up Feel

I grew up 25 miles out in the burbs of Chicago, and even that far from downtown, out in the white suburbs....we played banks. I never did have a system, but having played allot of rotation, my up and downs and cross banks are all feel, pool is all about watching the shot results and developing your muscle memory and getting em both in sync.this allows you more quickly to adjust to what's at hand is ''what it's all about'' from my perspective. Your actually banking two balls making the first ball scratch and the second ball to not too, and also where the *uck's it going?????

PS....I watched that Sparks bank some balls @ Bogies, he sure hits thru em sometimes sweeeeeeeeeeet.
no link....
Old 09-19-2016, 04:39 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Drive View Post
I grew up 25 miles out in the burbs of Chicago, and even that far from downtown, out in the white suburbs....we played banks. I never did have a system, but having played allot of rotation, my up and downs and cross banks are all feel, pool is all about watching the shot results and developing your muscle memory and getting em both in sync.this allows you more quickly to adjust to what's at hand is ''what it's all about'' from my perspective. Your actually banking two balls making the first ball scratch and the second ball to not too, and also where the *uck's it going?????

PS....I watched that Sparks bank some balls @ Bogies, he sure hits thru em sometimes sweeeeeeeeeeet.
I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago as well and we played a lot of one pocket and banks. The advice I always got was keep hitting 'em until you make them and you will remember the feeling!! Where did you grow up in the burbs?
Old 09-19-2016, 04:57 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhilton777 View Post
i grew up in the suburbs of chicago as well and we played a lot of one pocket and banks. The advice i always got was keep hitting 'em until you make them and you will remember the feeling!! Where did you grow up in the burbs?
no link....
Old 09-19-2016, 05:02 PM
Verified Member

I grew up in 60451 but made it to Red Shoes a lot growing up. I also use to frequent the Green Room in Downers Grove and played some 3 cushion with Adrian a little.
Old 09-19-2016, 05:08 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhilton777 View Post
I grew up in 60451 but made it to Red Shoes a lot growing up. I also use to frequent the Green Room in Downers Grove and played some 3 cushion with Adrian a little.
Adrian Viguera is a VERY good 3 cushion player!

He is NOW the BEST player in Chicago, IMHO!

We talk about once a month at Chris's.
Old 09-25-2016, 10:41 AM

If this works it will be a miracle for me. Thanks
Old 09-25-2016, 11:37 AM
Verified Member

thats how i made the one ball i was able to in the whole event lol