Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2018, 12:27 AM
Verified Member

Default WWYD - #2 - Daulton v Reyes - 2014 DCC Finals

running of the balls. here's a head scratcher.....

daulton just ran 4 balls. he's on the 4 and/or 9.

what would you shoot, how would you shoot it, and why?

WWYD?

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  79.0 KB

Old 04-26-2018, 12:54 AM
Verified Member

I'm shooting the 9 (its free) to get a better angle on the 4 so i can use it to stun up for the 3 for my seventh ball.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:03 AM
Verified Member

nine then the 3 as its higher up and easier to get posi on the 4. this way he gets three balls for sure and can hit the 4 easier to just breakout one ball for the win.

but he might be thinking he has enough angle to kick that 5 out right now.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:06 AM
Verified Member

I like: 9-3-4-safe. Unless the 11 can kiss in off the 5...

~Doc
Old 04-26-2018, 09:36 AM
Verified Member

I am probably showing my non ball running skills here but I would actually shoot the 4 first. It looks like it has a good angle to make the 3 with some draw and the CB hits off the 15 and draws back up table for the 9.

I wanted to go into the stack now to try to break some balls free that I can run after the 9.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:06 AM
Verified Member

shoot the 9 in...

thats a straight pool shot on the 4, seen it a million times. get the center of the table(ish) angle, draw off the 4 to the end rail with low left... you knock a couple balls out as you do this and five now goes.

now you are on the 3 with a great chance to win with the 5 as your 8th.

you gotta put efren away all the balls are in play. it is the old sun szu stuff about never putting an opponents back to the wall. if he just gets three here efren has got a great shot at doing something and shannon knows that.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:37 AM
Verified Member

The only way to get a fourth ball is to open the stack off the 4. I choose to do it with the first shot to have maximum options to get on the fourth ball.

pj
chgo
Old 04-26-2018, 11:03 AM
Verified Member

I'm shootin' the 4 that will open up the 5 and the 11. Shoot the 5 then try and get on the 11 that was opened up shooting the 4 first. Nice, quick snap back draw shot. I would judge the speed of my draw shot to the carom that moves the 11 into the clear. If I over hit the draw, I then have the 9 available. If I waaay overdraw I might have shape on the 3.
no link....
Old 04-26-2018, 11:23 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chapo View Post
shoot the 9 in...

thats a straight pool shot on the 4, seen it a million times. get the center of the table(ish) angle, draw off the 4 to the end rail with low left... you knock a couple balls out as you do this and five now goes.

now you are on the 3 with a great chance to win with the 5 as your 8th.

you gotta put efren away all the balls are in play. it is the old sun szu stuff about never putting an opponents back to the wall. if he just gets three here efren has got a great shot at doing something and shannon knows that.
Yes, I believe that you and Bill Meacham have the best method to attack this position. There isn't an angle for us to accurately determine how to play this shot but there looks to be enough of an angle to loosen up a few balls and play some type of position, whether it be on the 3ball, 9ball, 5ball, or another ball if possible. However, I agree with those who feel that playing the 9ball first will offer you a better chance of running balls, only if it's a comfortable angle on the 9ball, which we cant tell from the picture. If not, than playing the 4ball would be the better choice because it's in front of you and less often missed.

Staying in control of the table can never be overrated, playing the 4ball almost assures us of doing that.

Dr. Bill

Last edited by wincardona; 04-26-2018 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-26-2018, 06:58 PM
Verified Member

From the angle of the picture, it looks like there's only a 5 degree cut on the 4. If so, I don't know what could be dislodged from the stack in order to continue the run. Some straight pool players might shoot it with high left spin, hoping to bump something and have the CB travel 3 rails to end up back on the shooting side of the stack.

~Doc