Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > Bank Pool Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2018, 07:52 PM
Verified Member

Default Impossible Bank, or is it !!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o9y...w?usp=drivesdk

Go to post 7 & 8 for clearer videos of Jason's shot! Bugs shot is on post 9 & a OP bank shot of 15. thank you!

Jason Young's impossible bank that he sent me to put up for him. He stated it is done with lots of LH english.
I told him about Leonard "Bugs" Rucker bank shot videos and I believe Bugs does a shot like this, and he called it the "impossible bank". I believe it is in his 3rd. video which are the most extreme banks.

It is a little fuzzy, but you sure can get the idea! Jason just text me and wants to do up a clearer video! Coming soon.

Jason is not related and is a fellow pool player friend that has grown in billiard skills, and learning the game of One Pocket! Enjoy, Whitey

Last edited by Dennis "Whitey" Young; 05-12-2018 at 02:32 PM. Reason: will do a clearer video!
Old 05-06-2018, 10:13 PM
Verified Member

There was a player in the Baltimore area that used to bet on that shot. As I remember it he would bet even money with five tries. He also claimed to use inside english but that's hard to believe.
Guys name....Bobby Leggs.

Tom

"Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com
Old 05-07-2018, 02:48 AM
Verified Member

Itís a double kiss bank...Iím sure you guys can see that, right?
Old 05-08-2018, 02:40 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff sparks View Post
Jeff, once we get a new video posted it will clearly show a clean hit and a clean single contact bank, and I further apologize for the misconception of the hit because of the blurred video, of which I should of never posted until a better video was available. Lessen learned! Whitey
Old 05-08-2018, 03:58 PM
Verified Member

To hit that shot with inside english and not dbl kiss, that would be pretty darn sporty..I would also call it an impossible bank!
Old 05-08-2018, 06:59 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff sparks View Post
Good Eye Jeff !

Rodney Stephens.
(e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working
Old 05-08-2018, 07:27 PM
Verified Member

Default Jason Young's "Impossible Bank"

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14S...d6XZXBk8KxegKW

Here is a an excellent video of Jason's One Pocket Cross Corner Bank. I have seen him doing this shot, so he agreed to show the One Pocket members! We thank you!
enjoy! Whitey
Old 05-08-2018, 07:38 PM
Verified Member

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1d_...MO05GYZsMmPVr5

Jason also wanted to show the hit in slow motion. It is a totally separated video from the complete one. But, he used the 2 ball instead, and he assuredly said he made the 2. He explained the shot to me as stating; "I first check the angle of the shot as if I am shooting at it straight in, like from the 6 diamond left long rail to 3rd diamond where the 2 is at, and shoot to hit that angle with a lot of LH english" !

I showed Jason a video of Leonard "Bugs" Rucker doing a very similar shot whereas the ball is off the 2nd diamond approx. a ball width, and he strokes it from his corner pocket and back cross corner banks it! Bugs, in doing this shot stated; " it looks impossible but it isn't"! Jason stated; "the angle taken is very close to the same as how I do it off the 3rd. diamond"! Thanks, Jason!
enjoy, Whitey

Last edited by Dennis "Whitey" Young; 05-08-2018 at 08:04 PM.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:42 PM
Verified Member

Default Bugs op back cross corner bank!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSZqMOBJ6Zs

Here is Bugs doing the shot with the cue ball positioned by his scoring pocket, and object ball by the 2nd diamond about a ball width off cushion. It comes up at about the 4 min. mark.

For further info on Leonard "Bugs" Rucker go to the HOF site, inductees and interviews. And in the OP forum pg. 5 All Time Best post #36 I put up a story about him that I found in archives, and it is coupled with a story about Titanic Thompson that B. Stroud knows the real story! But I am sure there are many posts in the archives about Bugs and Titanic.

But, if you type in Leonard Bugs Rucker bank video then on utube there are quite a few of his bank videos that come up! enjoy, Whitey

Last edited by Dennis "Whitey" Young; 05-09-2018 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Added info about "Bugs"
Old 05-08-2018, 10:14 PM
Verified Member

Default Impossible Bank, or is it !!!

Thanks, Whitey. Fun thread. I will practice these.