Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2019, 08:21 AM
Verified Member

Default Wwyd? Action match

Well my opponent took a break yesterday while it was my shot so I got to take a few pics for a Wwyd. (I donít like stopping the action otherwise).

Score is 6-3 you and your pocket is closest to the 11 ball. I thought this would be good because there are a few different options here.

Wwyd??

Old 01-24-2019, 08:55 AM
Verified Member

3 railthe 7 with draw and bring theCB back behind those 2 balls...or bump the 5 ball and wait. I’d rather not disturb balls that don’t go for my opponent.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:56 AM
Verified Member

I'm gonna combo the 13 to the foot rail, cue ball behind the 1.
no link....
Old 01-24-2019, 09:41 AM
Verified Member

Default Wwyd? Action match

Make the 7 straight in and draw back to freeze CB between the rail and the 1. Iíd hit it just hard enough to make sure I donít short it and leave him the spot shot. Itís ok to separate the 1 from the stripe just a hair. Puts him in a very tough spot.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:59 AM
Verified Member

I would cut the 14 down the rail like I am trying to make it in his pocket, carom off the 5 and send both balls towards my pocket and the cue back behind the 7 and double'em up. I might....get lucky.
Old 01-24-2019, 10:19 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngstownkid View Post
Make the 7 straight in and draw back to freeze CB between the rail and the 1. Iíd hit it just hard enough to make sure I donít short it and leave him the spot shot. Itís ok to separate the 1 from the stripe just a hair. Puts him in a very tough spot.
me too..nice shot
Old 01-24-2019, 11:09 AM
Verified Member

Hit the 1 ball just enough to free up the 13, and leave Jojo stuck on the 1. Force the opponent to shoot from a bad position, but be careful - you don't want the 1 ball going into the side pocket.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:10 AM
Verified Member

I would roll up on the one and let the cueball wedge itself between it and the rail the 13 only moves slightly. I would be shooting the lower half of the one so I didn't leave a shot at it or a combo.
It does a couple of things, now I have 3 balls that go in my pocket instead of 1 and he has to make a pretty good kick to the bottom rail by my 11 not to sell out something.
The 7 with draw was my first shot, but if you come up short you left him straight in with another ball to bank or get behind.
If I gave up a couple of balls in this position , I would have to take a time out to go puke , and have a chat with myself.
I wondered why Vapros was getting credit for this shot , then I realised we were typing it at the same time, and he beat me by 1 minute. I was almost not an idiot.

Last edited by Billy Jackets; 01-26-2019 at 10:01 AM.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:12 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomike View Post
3 railthe 7 with draw and bring theCB back behind those 2 balls...or bump the 5 ball and wait. Iíd rather not disturb balls that donít go for my opponent.
I like the three rail. Bump the 5, say what, maybe lightly bump the 1 and freeze the cue ball between the 1 and rail. That would lock him up pretty good.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:20 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomike View Post
3 railthe 7 with draw and bring theCB back behind those 2 balls...or bump the 5 ball and wait. Iíd rather not disturb balls that donít go for my opponent.
I agree with your thinking. With him needing five, and you only two, there's no reason to bust up either of the two clusters. He'll have to break them up, or die on the vine.

The 3-railer on the 7 isn't the worst shot in the world. If it pockets, you'll have an easy shot on the 11 for the win. However if it misses, he might be able to bat both of them away from there.

The shrewdest shot is your other mention. Roll up on the 1 (I think you said the 5), and let him go from there. That protects your 11, and with it near your pocket, you'll win any bunt battle.

[NB: BTW, Mitch, I'm sure you know this, but in a tournament match if your opponent takes a break while it's your turn, you can keep shooting. To get you to wait, he'd have to take a break on HIS turn. Some guys may not realize that.]

~Doc