Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2019, 03:03 PM
Verified Member

Default Carla Johnson

Carla and I played the first match in Saturday's one pocket tournament at the Hard Times in Bellflower.

She won the toss for the first break. Normally I would be a heavy favorite, especially in a race to two. She played that first game like a pro. Kept me in trouble and eventually won that game. Second game I won fairly easy.

The third game she made one of the worse breaks where the cue ball comes out two rails into the stack and many balls went very near her pocket. I had to take a scratch on my first shot. She continued to keep me in trouble and when she finally got a shot after exchanging a good number of innings she made a ball out of the stack and did a beautiful job of running six balls and left the table with a ball hanging in her pocket and protected by other balls.

In the three games we played I think she only missed one ball that she shot at. I believe she would have beat anyone in the room in that match. She played as well as anyone could play.

Of course it was the talk of the pool room. My game is still not up to snuff but even if it was I believe she still would have won that set.

Carla has as much knowledge of the game as anyone. This time not only did she use that knowledge but was also able to execute what she saw in her mind.

Carla, keep playing like that and you will get your share of wins against anyone. Congratulations. I hope I didn't kill any of your action.
Old 03-03-2019, 03:19 PM
Verified Member

High praise coming from you, Frank. Invite her to play in one of our members' tourneys.
Old 03-03-2019, 04:34 PM
Verified Member

Itís great seeing women stepping up to the plate and play competitive 1P.
Old 03-03-2019, 08:05 PM
Verified Member

FRANK
great to see you fell well enough to play...
carla congrats for playing well...
Old 03-04-2019, 12:17 PM
Verified Member

Default Thanks Frank

I was lucky in that third game to roll safe off the break, or you would have run 8 and out.

But it was a thrill for me. My heart was pounding like I was betting a thousand a game!

I've been lucky to be able to watch you play all these years.
Old 03-04-2019, 12:38 PM
Verified Member

Carla hope you play in Fremont at the next event. I think women of any age should be allowed to play in the 65 and older mens' one pocket events.
no link....
Old 03-05-2019, 10:28 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Almanza View Post
Carla and I played the first match in Saturday's one pocket tournament at the Hard Times in Bellflower.

She won the toss for the first break. Normally I would be a heavy favorite, especially in a race to two. She played that first game like a pro. Kept me in trouble and eventually won that game. Second game I won fairly easy.

The third game she made one of the worse breaks where the cue ball comes out two rails into the stack and many balls went very near her pocket. I had to take a scratch on my first shot. She continued to keep me in trouble and when she finally got a shot after exchanging a good number of innings she made a ball out of the stack and did a beautiful job of running six balls and left the table with a ball hanging in her pocket and protected by other balls.

In the three games we played I think she only missed one ball that she shot at. I believe she would have beat anyone in the room in that match. She played as well as anyone could play.

Of course it was the talk of the pool room. My game is still not up to snuff but even if it was I believe she still would have won that set.

Carla has as much knowledge of the game as anyone. This time not only did she use that knowledge but was also able to execute what she saw in her mind.

Carla, keep playing like that and you will get your share of wins against anyone. Congratulations. I hope I didn't kill any of your action.
Nice to hear you are playing and congrats to Carla. Little Al beat me in our monthly Saturday. We had a great match and I played well but he played better.
Old 03-06-2019, 11:59 AM
Verified Member

The ME TOO MOVEMENT has officially arrived.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:35 PM
Verified Member

Default At the Derby

Name:  DANNY & Carla (480x640).jpg
Views: 78
Size:  176.8 KB

A couple of straight shooters
Old 03-06-2019, 08:26 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keoneyo View Post
Attachment 24101