Who Are WE Sending To Derby in 2019???

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Since the Derby is only 2 months away I thought I would start the nominations as to who we send to the Derby to represent us. My choice is Dustin Miller!. Dustin has consistently been and active member here contributing both to the various threads and also has been active in the participating and organizing our tournaments. On top of that Dustin has over the years helped and donated to many members with his inventions ie. ball cleaner, table vacuum, table lighting and Im sure many other things. I know Dustin attends the Derby every year and he would be a great representative of our organization.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

I agree Dustin is the epitome of what makes this site great and I would love to see him as our horse!!!!! ChicagoMike would also be a good candidate but ya gotta love that Miller guy!!

youngstown

Verified Member

Good choice, Dustin is a class act, and deserving of the honor. Gets my vote.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Fellas....can't tell you how much I appreciate the consideration. Representing onpocket.org is something that I would be honored to do.....

Unfortunately, DCC isn't going to fit in for me this year (might make it over for a day or two later in the week.)

Every year, I organize (with a few others) an event called SIOSH/SAFETYCON Day. Essentially, my role is lining up all the expert speakers - they come because I ask....and I need to be there for that reason. Just happens to fall on Monday, January 28 this year :frus. https://www.imec.org/event/sioshsafetycon_012819/

Maybe next year or for another event....Thanks again!

:)

ChicagoMike and Col Bille would be on my short list.....;)

Echelon

Well darn, you had my vote too. Though I'm not very active here Dustin pulled me out of the depths of AZ billiards and invited me over to his home to get me hooked on one pocket. I enjoy it thoroughly and it was nice to get an introduction to the game in a non-threatening environment. I had fun being everyone's one pocket robot since I could shoot the shots but had no idea what choices to make so it was a fast learning experience as they directed me around the table explaining why to make various moves. Dustin also put me in touch with the Ghost "GO GHOST!" and I got to spend a couple days with him up at Chris's. Make time for next year Dustin!

If you need a ride out later in the week I will be heading out by 8am on Thursday the 29th and back on Sunday morning. You can catch the one pocket finals.

chicagomike

Verified Member
Thanks for the nomination guys! I would love to represent the site if selected. Is there a list of members who have represented in passed years? I have a few thoughts, but not sure if they have already had the opportunity. Also think Miller would be most deserving.

keoneyo

Verified Member
Has Jerry "Baby Huey" Matchin represented us? Im voting for him.

ron padilla

Verified Member
I think that JrHenderson has represented in the past not sure about Matchin but my vote would be for the Dabarber if he wants to go, but if he does well then!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Our player sponsor page that shows who has been selected in past years is located here:

http://www.onepocket.org/onepocket-org-player-sponsorship/

I think Dustin also would have been a great choice.

I will echo what I said in another thread at some point. My first vote would be for Col Bille since he was on the short list last year too. Chicago Mike another great choice along with others for sure!

If we muster up enough support, I would say we put Bille in for Bumps and Chicago Mike or another in for one hole. If we stick to just one for the event like in years past, I'll be supporting someone with my vote when it comes time!

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Yes, If Frank is well enough he would be an excellent choice as well as Baby Huey. I like the Miller choice as well, maybe a future contender. But I support anyone that the group votes in.

All those are great. I’d also vote for you Dave. Not only are you a good player but an even better person.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

All of the guys mentioned would be great but for me Mike Eck would be my top choice this year. He won our MOT I believe and i watched him running out on Ike last night like a monster. He’s playing realllllll strong when he bears down. Not that that is a must for our horse but it is nice lol.