Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > Bank Pool Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-18-2013, 07:59 AM
John Brumback's Avatar
John Brumback John Brumback is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,747
Default Tunica anyone??

Who all is going to the Tunica southern classic? I'm going for the bank pool. Don't laugh when you see me with a can of "Off " strapped to my case
JB
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-18-2013, 01:12 PM
wincardona wincardona is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dallas Tx.
Posts: 7,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Brumback View Post
Who all is going to the Tunica southern classic? I'm going for the bank pool. Don't laugh when you see me with a can of "Off " strapped to my case
JB
Funny that you brought that up, I was bitten probably more than anyone that went to Tunica I still have marks on my skin from the attacks. I'm really undecided if i'm going to Tunica for obvious reasons but I was told if I eat plenty of garlic the mosquitos will leave me alone. Does anyone know if thats true? I would love to go, but.

Dr. Bill
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-18-2013, 01:27 PM
stevelomako stevelomako is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 988
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincardona View Post
Funny that you brought that up, I was bitten probably more than anyone that went to Tunica I still have marks on my skin from the attacks.Haha...you...get bit at a pool tournament? Why is that surprising? I'm really undecided if i'm going to Tunica for obvious reasons but I was told if I eat plenty of garlic the mosquitos will leave me alone. Does anyone know if thats true? I would love to go, but.

Dr. Bill
Are you guys being serious about this?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-18-2013, 01:52 PM
John Brumback's Avatar
John Brumback John Brumback is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelomako View Post
Are you guys being serious about this?
Hell yes!!!!!! And yes I've heard garlic will keep them away too I'm .JB
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-18-2013, 02:49 PM
Pelican's Avatar
Pelican Pelican is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Magnolia Springs, AL
Posts: 703
Default

Those of us that live in the deep south build up a natural immunity so the 'skeeters prefer the fresh meat of y'all narthenors

Hope to make it for the banks and dinner with some friends if nothing else.

Pel
__________________
..........
I shoot pool like I make love - I'm not very good but do have a lot of fun trying.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-18-2013, 04:36 PM
Tom Wirth's Avatar
Tom Wirth Tom Wirth is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Posts: 2,456
Default

There is an app you can get for your phone which sends out a high frequency sound mosquitos hate and quickly head for greener pastures. One is called amazingly, Anti mosquito. I have downloaded it on my phone and it is free. I haven't used it yet but friends have told me they have, and they claim it does work.

Tom
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-18-2013, 04:43 PM
Jimmy B's Avatar
Jimmy B Jimmy B is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wirth View Post
There is an app you can get for your phone which sends out a high frequency sound mosquitos hate and quickly head for greener pastures. One is called amazingly, Anti mosquito. I have downloaded it on my phone and it is free. I haven't used it yet but friends have told me they have, and they claim it does work.

Tom


I just got one of these, Tom. It's amazing. Check it out..


http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/TYIOIM6hHBk&autoplay=1
__________________
"Born Into This"
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-18-2013, 05:41 PM
stevelomako stevelomako is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 988
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Brumback View Post
Hell yes!!!!!! And yes I've heard garlic will keep them away too I'm .JB
I still don't know if you guys are serious.


P.S.
I've tried to PM you but your box is full.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-18-2013, 06:13 PM
Tom Wirth's Avatar
Tom Wirth Tom Wirth is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Posts: 2,456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy B View Post
I just got one of these, Tom. It's amazing. Check it out..


http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/TYIOIM6hHBk&autoplay=1
Man, Looks great! I'm getting one right away.
I expecially like the antitheft app.

Thanks, Jimmy.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-18-2013, 07:36 PM
John Brumback's Avatar
John Brumback John Brumback is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelomako View Post
I still don't know if you guys are serious.


P.S.
I've tried to PM you but your box is full.
Yes,they have skeeters down there.Some got in the tourney room too cause they left the damn door open.Hopefully they won't be a problem this year though. But I'm taking some " off " just incase JB
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All original content Copyright Onepocket.org and/or the original author. All rights reserved.