Put_upor_shutup

Casper's Billiards February 4th-6TH 2011
San leon,Tx

$5000 Guaranteed added
Limited to the first 64 players..
Race to 4/3..Alternating break
$200 dollar entry(25 green fee)
Tournament played on 14 9 ft Brunswick Gold Crowns with re circle cueball
Advanced players meeting will start between 10-11 am on Friday the 4th with play starting between 1-2 pm.
Payouts will look something like this..Or very close..
Top 12 paid in tourney..8 places paid in the Advanced meeting..

1. 4374 27%
2. 2754 17%
3. 1944 12%
4. 1620 10%
5. 972 6%
6. 972 6%
7. 810 5%
8. 810 5%
9. 486 3%
10. 486 3%
11. 486 3%
12. 486 3%

This tournament will be limited to the first 64 players so if you wanna play get it in..
If you have any contact with top players that may be interested in playin please let them know because they are planning to put on a top notch event....

Thursday February 3rd there will be a $500 entry ring game..
Limited to first 16 players..First 16 committed players get to play...Hold em style.
4 Places paid...

Also full serviced Kitchen with great food..Voted #4 on Billiard Digest Top 10 Newest Billiards Clubs in America of 2008..

Flyer will be up shortly..When all details are finalized.....If you have any questions contact Dennis strickland at 281 960-9386 or you can pm me and I will answer to the best of my ability...Thank you David Parker

Put_upor_shutup

The pool hall will be open 24 hours from Thursday the 3rd thru Sunday the 6th for action..All matches will be scheduled...There will have to be a time limit on all matches(to be determined) and after that we may have to put a shot clock on..No match will be stopped though..All matches will be played thru but we have to make sure the tournament gets finished..

The owner of Caspers is goin thru every possible procedure to make this a first class event an accommodate the players..
Spectator passes will be 20 for the whole event or 10 dollars a day and Caspers has agreed to give free breakfast of some sort every morning..

A list of hotels will be available Monday or Tuesday so you can start making your reservations if you plan to attend.I hope every one that can possibly make it out to this event makes the effort to come.We really would like to make this a success so we can see more events of this nature and bigger added prize funds..These people are really working hard to see the players prosper in the end..

So if you Know a player that will be interested in playing please let them know..We would like to get this tournament filled up as soon as possible..Remember it is limited to the first 64 players and we are doing out best to make sure we have a full field..

We hope to see you all in the near future.Thank you

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Put_upor_shutup said:
The pool hall will be open 24 hours from Thursday the 3rd thru Sunday the 6th for action..All matches will be scheduled...There will have to be a time limit on all matches(to be determined) and after that we may have to put a shot clock on..No match will be stopped though..All matches will be played thru but we have to make sure the tournament gets finished..

The owner of Caspers is goin thru every possible procedure to make this a first class event an accommodate the players..
Spectator passes will be 20 for the whole event or 10 dollars a day and Caspers has agreed to give free breakfast of some sort every morning..

A list of hotels will be available Monday or Tuesday so you can start making your reservations if you plan to attend.I hope every one that can possibly make it out to this event makes the effort to come.We really would like to make this a success so we can see more events of this nature and bigger added prize funds..These people are really working hard to see the players prosper in the end..

So if you Know a player that will be interested in playing please let them know..We would like to get this tournament filled up as soon as possible..Remember it is limited to the first 64 players and we are doing out best to make sure we have a full field..

We hope to see you all in the near future.Thank you

Great to see another big One Pocket event. For me, I wish it was a lot more distant in dates from Derby City, because I will have to be back at work after my DCC trip (hoping I'll have work, lol). I guess for road agents the back-to-back might be good, though....

BTW, I think a clock is a good idea to have in reserve.

Put_upor_shutup

Yeah I understand about the dates..These were really the only available...
Im thinking if players head west for the us open bar table and The jay swanson 9 ball, then this would be a good stop in between to make a few bucks..I hope it works out..I hope the shot clock does not have to get enforced..Thanks for your comments

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
What a great event! If I'd have known about it before, I'd probably have skipped the DCC, and just come down to San Leon!! It's an easy drive from Gulfport, Miss., and the weather is mild during February.

If you're wanting players from areas other than Houston, you might consider posting a map showing where San Leon is; or perhaps posting the poolroom's website URL. Most people may not realize that San Leon is approx. 30 miles SE of Houston, and 8-10 miles N of Galveston.

The event's scheduling proximity to the DCC will make it unlikely that many out-of-towners will attend. But it IS a 1P tourny, so guys will make an effort to go. And of course you'll get all the pros making their way through to the Commie Coast.

I'd love to attend if I can justify taking the time off. Hopefully your flier will be done soon, so that you can post it up.

Doc

Put_upor_shutup

I am thinkin the flyer/poster will be done Tuesday..Not much time to promote but we will do our best....Ill be honest..Im not sure how to put a map up on here but you are correct...San Leon is 30 miles south of Houston 15 minutes to Galveston... I hope we can see you down here...Thanks

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Put_upor_shutup said:
Casper's Billiards February 4th-6TH 2011
San leon,Tx

$5000 Guaranteed added
Limited to the first 64 players..
Race to 4/3..Alternating break
$200 dollar entry(25 green fee)
Tournament played on 14 9 ft Brunswick Gold Crowns with re circle cueball
Advanced players meeting will start between 10-11 am on Friday the 4th with play starting between 1-2 pm.
Payouts will look something like this..Or very close..
Top 12 paid in tourney..8 places paid in the Advanced meeting..

MarkGriffin said:
CSI will be bringing back the US OPEN ONE POCKET event. $300 entry, at least $10,000 added (limited to either 32 or 48 players). This is the 11th time of this prestigious event and we are making this an annual event from now on. Held May 13-15, 2011 (Fri-Sat-Sun).

Anybody that wants to stake me for either or both of these two tournaments, please pm me...;)...act fast - first person to pm me, will have priority...:D

- Ghosty

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:
Anybody that wants to stake me for either or both of these two tournaments, please pm me...;)...act fast - first person to pm me, will have priority...:D

- Ghosty
I would Ghosty but Rod says you shoot too many nutball shots.

Dennis

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Cowboy Dennis said:
I would Ghosty but Rod says you shoot too many nutball shots.

Dennis

I can't believe it took almost 3 hours for somebody to 'bust my balls'...I thought Papie or Rod would have done it long before this...:D

- Ghosty

PS, And thanks for the thought Cowpoke, but you would have been too late anyway - three guys have already pm'ed me wanting to stake me...:eek:...:cool:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Put_upor_shutup said:
I am thinkin the flyer/poster will be done Tuesday..Not much time to promote but we will do our best....Ill be honest..Im not sure how to put a map up on here but you are correct...San Leon is 30 miles south of Houston 15 minutes to Galveston... I hope we can see you down here...Thanks
Here you go...
San Leon, TX.jpg

Put_upor_shutup

If you are sending By check make check payable to:

Caspers Billiards

Send to..

Caspers Billiards
137 21st st.
San leon,TX 77539

They are having issues with manually using the credit card machine and are in the process of fixing that.Also working on getting a pay pal to send in entries.Sorry for the inconvenience..

Put_upor_shutup

Holiday Inn Kemah (Near Boardwalk) - Kemah
Harris Ave, Kemah, TX, 77565
United States 866-539-0036

http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/en/kemah/kemtx/hoteldetail

Will have rates I believe at 101.00 for the tournament..You just have to mention it when you call them..
They have a very nice hotel in an upscale area with a full sports bar inside...Recently built..Around 12-15 minutes from Caspers.

It is 2 blocks from the Kemah Boardwalk...

http://www.kemahboardwalk.com/

Days inn Kemah
1411 Texas 146, Kemah, TX
(281) 538-0077

Super 8 Kemah
1413 Texas 146, Kemah, TX
(281) 549-4118
Both around 12-15 minutes to Caspers..

Executive Inn-Bacliff
917 Grand Avenue, Bacliff, TX
(281) 957-9907 () ‎

49.00 for a single 59.00 for a double...About 5 minutes from the pool hall but I will be honest..I am from Bacliff and I wouldnt reccomend this hotel to you..ha ha But if you want to save..

also

La Quinta Inn
Texas City1121 Hwy. 146 North
Texas City, TX 77590-6505
Phone: 1-409-948-3101
Fax: 1-409-945-4412

Rates probably around 65.00...15 minutes to Caspers..

I am sure you may be able to get them all cheaper on priceline but I do not know for sure...