Jeff Gregory Heart Surgery Fund

cabilliardclub

Verified Member
Our friend Jeff Gregory had heart surgery yesterday. His play of the past few years has really improved and he is a threat to win any tournament he enters. A few years ago when he first started one pocket, you could not leave him a shot, he would run out. Even really crazy shots, he would slam in.

He has a congenital heart value problem that he had surgery for when he was eight. Thirty or so years later and he is in again. Like most working stiffs, he has a little insurance, but he still is going to come out the other side with a huge bill to pay. Any contributions that can be made to him would greatly be appreciated by his wife and daughter. A fund will be started soon and an address will be given if you feel generous.

I have started a Jeff Gregory Fund to help offset his huge medical bills. We made an anouncement during last weekends Worldppa tournament held at California Billiard Club. We recieved $400 from the players and I matched That $400 and a little extra for a total of $837.

California Billiard Club will be hosting a 9-ball open tournament in 3 weeks, were half the proceeds will go to Jeff. I will have more details on our web site, Facebook, One pocket.org, and Azbilliards.com. If you would like to just donate to his fund just send a check to 881 E EL Camino Real, Mountain View ca 94040 or pay with credit card by calling California Billiard Club 650-965-3100 and ask for Chris Swart.

With all the players out there we should be able to make a big dent in his medical expenses.

Thanks,

Chris Swart, California Billiard Club

SJDinPHX

Suspended
cabilliardclub said:
Our friend Jeff Gregory had heart surgery yesterday. His play of the past few years has really improved and he is a threat to win any tournament he enters. A few years ago when he first started one pocket, you could not leave him a shot, he would run out. Even really crazy shots, he would slam in.

He has a congenital heart value problem that he had surgery for when he was eight. Thirty or so years later and he is in again. Like most working stiffs, he has a little insurance, but he still is going to come out the other side with a huge bill to pay. Any contributions that can be made to him would greatly be appreciated by his wife and daughter. A fund will be started soon and an address will be given if you feel generous.

I have started a Jeff Gregory Fund to help offset his huge medical bills. We made an anouncement during last weekends Worldppa tournament held at California Billiard Club. We recieved $400 from the players and I matched That $400 and a little extra for a total of $837.

California Billiard Club will be hosting a 9-ball open tournament in 3 weeks, were half the proceeds will go to Jeff. I will have more details on our web site, Facebook, One pocket.org, and Azbilliards.com. If you would like to just donate to his fund just send a check to 881 E EL Camino Real, Mountain View ca 94040 or pay with credit card by calling California Billiard Club 650-965-3100 and ask for Chris Swart.

With all the players out there we should be able to make a big dent in his medical expenses.

Thanks,

Chris Swart, California Billiard Club

Count me in...!

cabilliardclub

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
Count me in...!

Thanks Dick! I believe I got a call from you a couple of days ago, but the number did not come thru. Send me your number in a pm and I will give you a call when I get a Chance.

Thanks again, Chris

JAM

Verified Member
lll said:
chris who do we make the check out to??
jeff gregory heart surgery fund??

Yikes. That *is* a good question. I made mine out to the California Billiard Club, as I'm sure Chris is going to forward the money to the appropriate source. I put "Donation to Jeff Gregory Medical Expenses" in the memo section on my check.

I hope I did it right because I'm leaving now for the post office. :eek:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
lll said:

I just made mine out ot Chris Swart (w/memo like Jam) ..I'm sure it will get to the right place...Sent it to CBC, C/O Chris. (address in post #1)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
thanks to both of you above
i guess with jeffs name in the memo section chris will figure it out:)
larry

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I know some of you use Facebook, why I dont know when you have one pocket.org, but how is Jeff doing? I have been laid up with a sinus infection and can't go see him.:D :D :mad:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Scrzbill said:
I know some of you use Facebook, why I dont know when you have one pocket.org, but how is Jeff doing? I have been laid up with a sinus infection and can't go see him.:D :D :mad:

He is posting on Facebook and says he is scheduled for physical therapy twice a week.

His doc says no pool for five weeks.

cabilliardclub

Verified Member
lll said:

You can make the check out to California Billiard Club or Chris swart as I am gathering all money to give to Jeff at our fundraising tournament. I will give him cash sense he has had back luck with recieving a check he is still waiting for from dumbass Annigoni!!!

JAM

Verified Member
It really lifted my spirits to receive the thank-you card from Jeff Gregory.

Sometimes I send money to pool players who need support to attend tournaments, and I never hear from them again after I mail the check.

Receiving recognition with this beautiful thank-you card was worth a million bucks to me. To give really is better than to receive! :)

Attachments

• Thank-You Note from Jeff Gregory.JPG
    Thank-You Note from Jeff Gregory.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 0

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
JAM said:
It really lifted my spirits to receive the thank-you card from Jeff Gregory.

Sometimes I send money to pool players who need support to attend tournaments, and I never hear from them again after I mail the check.

Receiving recognition with this beautiful thank-you card was worth a million bucks to me. To give really is better than to receive! :)
JAM
good job posting the pic of the note
i agree with your sentiments:)