John B. Question

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
In the open forum.....

S. Murphy vs. S.V.B. 2013 D.C.C. Thread

I was intersted in what John B. might say about the possiblities of making this 3 rail long rail bank..

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
In the open forum.....

I was interested in what John B. might say about the possibilities of making this 3 rail long rail bank..

Bill, i'm sitting here with the Beard and he said that ..from the picture it looks to run a little long with a good hit, based off of that fact alone he said, then it shouldn't be an option. I agree. I too would be interested in what Johnny B. has to say.

Dr. Bill

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Bill, i'm sitting here with the Beard and he said that ..from the picture it looks to run a little long with a good hit, based off of that fact alone he said, then it shouldn't be an option. I agree. I too would be interested in what Johnny B. has to say.

Dr. Bill

As the shot lays, your coming across the face of the obj. ball from a relatively slight angle allowing the shooter different options. Now if this was a new clean ball set on unplayed new cloth, the shots Not there.
The swiping action coming across the face of the obj ball from mid table, may still have some obj. ball rotation on it after traveling 12'. Once this distance is increased the shot becomes unmakeable, unless DAMPness is prevalant, toss in the dirt factor and who knows?

John Brumback

Verified Member
In the open forum.....

I was intersted in what John B. might say about the possiblities of making this 3 rail long rail bank..

I don't understand your question.What 3 rail bank? JB

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
SVB/Murphy Thread Main Forum

SVB/Murphy Thread Main Forum

John look at that thread to see the initial layout, then go to Thread number 90 and let me know your thoughts....both Bills are interested in your answer, thx. :)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
This is the shot layout, John. It's One Pocket, Shane van Boening vs Shannon Murphy and it is Shane's shot. Players have suggested both a one railer and a three railer here and I think the opening poster here in the Banks forum was wondering if you thought the three railer could go from here.

John Brumback

Verified Member
NO!! there is no 3 rail shot here. I guess you could get lucky and catch the point and make it but who would want to hope for that? OR
if the table had just been sprayed down with water,you might but no, I do not see the 3 railer going from here under normal conditions!!:frus:lol

I do see maybe playin the 3 railer and just letting it go long down to the bottom rail but even then it looks like it would want to go closer to 2 in the side.( In order for you to have the cball go down table,you will have to use "inside english" which for this shot would be holding english on the 1 ball and that will make the 1 ball go even longer!!)

I know for sure that from the way that ball is setting I would not mess with tryin to make this shot at all. Duck and live to fight another day is what I would say to do from this nasty position:sorry:lol. John B.

PS: In the other thread I did happen to say he might dog stroke it a little and shoot it straight in the corner too:eek::lol

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
This is the shot layout, John. It's One Pocket, Shane van Boening vs Shannon Murphy and it is Shane's shot. Players have suggested both a one railer and a three railer here and I think the opening poster here in the Banks forum was wondering if you thought the three railer could go from here.

[
Just for illustration purposes, I dragged this screen shot into Photoshop and stretched it out to close to it's overhead proportions. I had to surgically remove the stretched out top portion of each ball, but I left the bottom of the ball on it's shadow, so it should be a decent representation of where each ball is actually sitting. Due to the camera angle, some of the screenshots give you such a perspective-skewed view, it can be hard to parse the true ball locations.

Camera view:

Photoshop adjusted view to simulate overhead:

Attachments

• svb's shot 1.jpg
    svb's shot 1.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 0

John Brumback

Verified Member
Just for illustration purposes, I dragged this screen shot into Photoshop and stretched it out to close to it's overhead proportions. I had to surgically remove the stretched out top portion of each ball, but I left the bottom of the ball on it's shadow, so it should be a decent representation of where each ball is actually sitting. Due to the camera angle, some of the screenshots give you such a perspective-skewed view, it can be hard to parse the true ball locations.

Camera view:

Photoshop adjusted view to simulate overhead:

Who wants 50 trys for a few hundred?? :lol John B.

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
I will take that bet

I will take that bet

John,
you know me well enough to also know I will shoot it about a thousand times on my diamond before I get there

B

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
John,
you know me well enough to also know I will shoot it about a thousand times on my diamond before I get there

B

Bille,

When you set it up to shoot it how far are you placing the 1 ball off the rail? It seems to look different to everybody.

Dennis

backplaying

Verified Member
At the poolroom today the rack man pulled it up on his phone and put it as close to picture as he could, and Justin Cone made it three rails the first shot. This was in front of 20 people. I made it the 5th shot. A c player made it the 7th shot.

John Brumback

Verified Member
At the poolroom today the rack man pulled it up on his phone and put it as close to picture as he could, and Justin Cone made it three rails the first shot. This was in front of 20 people. I made it the 5th shot. A c player made it the 7th shot.

Ok then,but are you making the cball go down table? That is part of the shot ya know? I still don't think you can make it while running the cball down to where it would be safe if you miss.Just making the ball is not the whole shot here.JB