Table Layout resources

nataddrho

For the longest time I just didn't understand this game. I've watched tons of matches, and now while watching a pro match, if I pause each shot for about 45 seconds, I can usually guess correctly. "Winning One Pocket" also helped a lot.

I'm looking for a collection of table layout situations, similar to what is in the book, only with no solutions drawn in. I also want a lot of them, maybe hundreds. I've found it helps me to look at the diagrams and practice figuring out the right move... its kind of like sudoku for me, lol.

If there isn't something that exists, maybe I can write a program/website to do it? It needs to me more intelligent than randomly scattering balls around the table, more interested in break responses and mid-game than end game.

Thanks

Nate

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
For the longest time I just didn't understand this game. I've watched tons of matches, and now while watching a pro match, if I pause each shot for about 45 seconds, I can usually guess correctly. "Winning One Pocket" also helped a lot.

I'm looking for a collection of table layout situations, similar to what is in the book, only with no solutions drawn in. I also want a lot of them, maybe hundreds. I've found it helps me to look at the diagrams and practice figuring out the right move... its kind of like sudoku for me, lol.

If there isn't something that exists, maybe I can write a program/website to do it? It needs to me more intelligent than randomly scattering balls around the table, more interested in break responses and mid-game than end game.

Thanks

Nate

Just look at the WWYD's! There is also some of what you're talking about in WOP and SMS, as well as some of Grady's videos.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
as mentioned above by dan
winning one pocket and its sequel shots moves and strategies has layouts on one page and solutions on another page
so you dont have to see the "answer" until you are ready
also you get a discussion from the best onepocketeers

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I'm looking for a collection of table layout situations, similar to what is in the book, only with no solutions drawn in.

Thanks

Nate

Just look at the WWYD's!

Nate, the answer that Dan gave you sure seems to me to be exactly what your looking for...just search the archives of this forum - there's dozens of wwyd table layout situations.

- Ghost

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
One Pocket: A Game of Controlled Aggression

One Pocket: A Game of Controlled Aggression

Get Tom Wirth's book:

Tom Wirth
14318 Campanelli Drive
Delray Beach, Florida

Don't remember the price... either $50 or $60. "Wirth" every penny and then some. :)

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL

Thanks

Nate

Take your camera to the pool hall and take pictures of any and all tables in play--not just One Pocket; all games. Then take them home and make assumptions about which pocket is yours. When you have solved all of those, assume the other pocket is yours. You see, if all you want is layouts of tables, they all come up so they are all valid. And/or break the balls and take a picture. Then break the balls and grab up a few balls and take a picture. All table layouts come up in One Pocket.