CJ's closed?

1pRoscoe

Verified Member
Saw this in another thread, thought I'd "pop my cherry" by creating the first post of mine here in my very own thread!

I had no idea that CJ's had closed. I'm from Dallas and grew up in that pool hall. I remember about 12 years ago, I was trying to figure this game out and a guy saw what I was doing and came over to see if I wanted to play. Being the young, arrogant kid I was at the time, I said, "yeah, I guess...". The guy said he would play me 12-4, I said, "you've got to be kidding - you sure??". He was sure. We played about 5 games, to which I made a total of ZERO balls. It was CJ Wiley. That was the moment I knew I'd love some one pocket.

Anyways, I'm in Austin, TX now. I was in CJ's about a year or two ago and the place had gone WAY downhill compared to how it used to be in the early 90's.

:D

OldHasBeen

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
Cj ???

Cj ???

Rosco -
Do you know where CJ is now? He is originally from Missouri. We played in the first Missouri 9-Ball Championship finals back in '82. Just wondering how & what he is up to these days.
FYI - I was the '82 Champ.

TY & GL

bjspivey

Verified Member
From
TEXAS
c.j.s not closed!!!!

c.j.s not closed!!!!

C.J.s is not CLOSED guys not that I know of, He Has 2 rooms one in Addison or north Dallas,off 635 and the old one.WHO said it WAS CLOSED!!! He is a good friend of mine for years now, First time I everhurdof him he was 16 & his dad owned a room in Ponca-city on the Texas Ok line, I was with Buddy D a top player from Ok we went to play him for 500 or up ,Well I was in my motor home at the time runnin red streaks through small town"s with plenty of cash,I got the game on for the next day- We Had NOOO Idea That he played soo good, BUT OLD LUCKY KY, ME ESCAPED!! Had to take Buddy,s friend to save his car, Damm guy held me at gun-point and forced me to drive to get his car from X. WE went to Tulsa me plotting evil all the way, Fat randys is where I ended up & Buddy took Randy for several $$ Now thats a good 1-P player I havent seen in a good while, Nice man witk manner's' WE never booked a loss, He beat Gabby'Cooney,Max ect'ect that was at Rusty's in Dallas in late 78'79'80's now those were the day's----B.J. ;)

1pRoscoe

Verified Member
I saw it in another thread where someone else mentioned it was, and continued to go on with "I'll miss that place, etc". The guy who mentioned it was from Dallas, so I had no reason to doubt his information.

:confused:

OldHasBeen

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
BJ - We gotta know each other!

BJ - We gotta know each other!

bjspivey said:
C.J.s is not CLOSED guys not that I know of, He Has 2 rooms one in Addison or north Dallas,off 635 and the old one.WHO said it WAS CLOSED!!! He is a good friend of mine for years now, First time I everhurdof him he was 16 & his dad owned a room in Ponca-city on the Texas Ok line, I was with Buddy D a top player from Ok we went to play him for 500 or up ,Well I was in my motor home at the time runnin red streaks through small town"s with plenty of cash,I got the game on for the next day- We Had NOOO Idea That he played soo good, BUT OLD LUCKY KY, ME ESCAPED!! Had to take Buddy,s friend to save his car, Damm guy held me at gun-point and forced me to drive to get his car from X. WE went to Tulsa me plotting evil all the way, Fat randys is where I ended up & Buddy took Randy for several $$ Now thats a good 1-P player I havent seen in a good while, Nice man witk manner's' WE never booked a loss, He beat Gabby'Cooney,Max ect'ect that was at Rusty's in Dallas in late 78'79'80's now those were the day's----B.J. ;)

BJ - I noticed (in your profile) that your Dad was Mr. Brier in Hunington, WV. Louie & I were there back in the early '70's. Had a Blast & won pretty good. I THINK I rebember Your Dad. Wasn't he the guy that did all the Matching Up for the Big games? He also did the Big Betting, Didn't he?

TY & GL

bjspivey

Verified Member
From
TEXAS
I may know you By the way I;m A Woman not a guy!!!

I may know you By the way I;m A Woman not a guy!!!

Every one who went to Rusty's knows me, You may, did you go to Dallas in the laye 70s? Yes that was my dad he matched the games& put up the cash, I met most of the better players dad played. He loved 1-P He was a good guy!! He backed Steve,Buddy,Louie,Fats Ronnie, Raggs ECT. I helped him when he went blind, Thats how I learned to play poker{had to keep the cheat-off} I'm a tall blond !! B. J. theBandit ;) If you met me you lost$$

Last edited: