I thought I invented a new shot....

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
So- I am pleased to say that I was compared to a giant today.

Now before you choke on your late lunches (lol) it was just one shot. I was telling by buddy (Bernard) about a shot that I have been shooting recently and that I like a lot. I've been hitting it very well actually. The thing I liked most about it was that I haven't seen anyone else shoot it, and "came up with it myself :)". So I explained the shot to Bernard and you know what he says..... "You know whose pet shot that is...... Tom Tom. I saw Tom hit Grady Matthews with that shot for a few hundred a game in 95-96' down at USA Billiards".

So it's nice to know that I am following in some good solid 1p footsteps :).

Here's the shot. Even if it doesn't go, the cue ends up in a good spot and the OB ends up close enough to my hole where I have not given up a bank. (Yet). Double bank with inside English.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409772939.172598.jpg

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
So- I am pleased to say that I was compared to a giant today.

Now before you choke on your late lunches (lol) it was just one shot. I was telling by buddy (Bernard) about a shot that I have been shooting recently and that I like a lot. I've been hitting it very well actually. The thing I liked most about it was that I haven't seen anyone else shoot it, and "came up with it myself :)". So I explained the shot to Bernard and you know what he says..... "You know whose pet shot that is...... Tom Tom. I saw Tom hit Grady Matthews with that shot for a few hundred a game in 95-96' down at USA Billiards".

So it's nice to know that I am following in some good solid 1p footsteps :).

Here's the shot. Even if it doesn't go, the cue ends up in a good spot and the OB ends up close enough to my hole where I have not given up a bank. (Yet). Double bank with inside English.

View attachment 10772

Mitch.....Cliff has also always shot that shot a lot...the last time I shot it, I hit it terrible and sold out...:frus

- Ghost

Last edited:

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Mitch.....Cliff has also always shot that shot a lot...the last time I shot it, I hit it terrible and sold out...:frus

- Ghost

Hey Bruce. I knew that Cliff shot this with two on the spot, but didn't realize he shot it with one also. (Much easier with one lol). I usually sell out when hitting it with two.

unoperro

Verified Member
Really hard for me to bank that ball to near vicinity of my hole.
I have shot the shot and billard kicked a second ball-frozen to bottom rail-
into my pocket! I got a earfull for that:D

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
Hey Bruce. I knew that Cliff shot this with two on the spot, but didn't realize he shot it with one also. (Much easier with one lol). I usually sell out when hitting it with two.

I love that shot with 2 on the spot! (One of the crowd pleasers we were discussing earlier...)

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
So I explained the shot to Bernard and you know what he says..... "You know whose pet shot that is...... Tom Tom. I saw Tom hit Grady Matthews with that shot for a few hundred a game in 95-96' down at USA Billiards".

Mitch,

Bernard has got that one wrong. I don't play that shot very often. The situation has to be perfect and I wouldn't know how to describe what that would entail.

Here is one of the shots I remember shooting on Grady in that session. It kind of kick started me on the road to a nice payday.

The situation was something like this;

and I played the Z bank. It helps to know the table too. :D

Attachments

• IMG_1032.JPG
    IMG_1032.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 0

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

So I explained the shot to Bernard and you know what he says..... "You know whose pet shot that is...... Tom Tom. I saw Tom hit Grady Matthews with that shot for a few hundred a game in 95-96' down at USA Billiards".

Mitch,

Bernard has got that one wrong. I don't play that shot very often. The situation has to be perfect and I wouldn't know how to describe what that would entail.

Here is one of the shots I remember shooting on Grady in that session. It kind of kick started me on the road to a nice payday.

The situation was something like this;

and I played the Z bank. It helps to know the table too. :D

So- you didn't shoot it. I KNEW I invented it lolol. Just kidding of course :)

That z bank is awesome. I learned that one from the beard. What a strong shot! Must have felt pretty good sinking that on Grady!!

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
With the 9 that close to the rail, you need a table with small pockets to make that one - ball often wants to hit the point. They are sweet when they do go!