Action: Frost vs. Richeson!

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Action: Frost vs. Richeson!

Frosty just ran 8 and out. 3-2. Btw! 2 games ago Scott scratched in the pocket to score free beers for the house lol.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
To those of you who are closely following this match.
Have any of the 26 games played reached a point where each player needed only one ball?
Or has either player been in the one hole scratched and eventually lost the game?

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
If they've played 26 games in 8 hours, that means that they average about 20 minutes per game. That's not slow!;)

Also, for the first session at least, the spot seems to be right on the money. We'll see how it holds up. But, for the first 26 games anyway, the handicap is looking like it's much fairer than I would have thought.

~Doc

8andout

Verified Member
Scott's whistling showed a pure lack of class. I hope Richey takes him down!

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
If they've played 26 games in 8 hours, that means that they average about 20 minutes per game. That's not slow!;)

Also, for the first session at least, the spot seems to be right on the money. We'll see how it holds up. But, for the first 26 games anyway, the handicap is looking like it's much fairer than I would have thought.

~Doc

Scott is not playing his speed here. He had Rich on tilt and let him off the hook twice when he would have gone five games ahead.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida

~Doc

Doc. If no game ever reaches the stage where each player only needs one ball it is hard to say whether the spot has any influence on the fairness of the match. Richie may very well be winning all of his games without the need of the handicap. The bottom line is, if a top player can win with a one ball spot, he can also win playing even.

I've always felt that outside of a psychological boost, a one ball spot between two top players means very little. This may prove to be one more example of this theory. Of course having to make one fewer ball is definitely a plus, it really doesn't factor that often.

Tom

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Doc. If no game ever reaches the stage where each player only needs one ball it is hard to say whether the spot has any influence on the fairness of the match. Richie may very well be winning all of his games without the need of the handicap. The bottom line is, if a top player can win with a one ball spot, he can also win playing even.

I've always felt that outside of a psychological boost, a one ball spot between two top players means very little. This may prove to be one more example of this theory.

Tom

Agreed. It's certainly not the 12 1/2% that 1/8 represents.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
You never know what can happen in matches like these, playing an "ahead" match takes a certain of style of play and person!

P.S. Maybe Artie could chime in here, on what it takes to win at this type of format, since He prefers it over a race.
;)