efrens shot
efrens pocket is marked
wwyd
ed20.jpg

GriffinG

Verified Member
From
NW Indiana
This is the first shot that comes to mind for me, looking forward to other replies...
Bank the 7 ball back to his hole, draw down to the bottom rail and over to where the 11 is.
I'm not sure how to embed a photo in a reply so it's attached.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 0

unoperro

Verified Member
Think you are on right track. Dont believe you can draw to there. Draw across betwee. The 1 and 11.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Thanks for the WWYD Larry!

Also, Griffin, I could be wrong but it doesn't look like you can draw the CB back to the bottom rail like that when banking the 7. I think the CB would be lucky to get back anywhere below the spot. That being said, you could still get where you wanted to with the CB by coming back across..so still could be a real good shot...also, attaching an image is perfectly fine. Or you could upload the picture and post a link as explained here: http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11983 - whatever you prefer.

My first inkling is to come off the pink striped ball (12?) and cross it so that it goes into those balls and maybe caroms towards my pocket. Either way the CB is going off the headrail with a little RHE to double up the combo on his long rail.

something like this:

If I can leave him down on the head rail near the pink ball, I would do that preferably but the angle looks like I have to go to head rail and then spin to his long rail.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Because of the score I would go all out on banking the 7 and playing shape.. You are down 6 to minus 2 and if you make the 7 ball there is a good chance when you are done shooting the score will be 6 3 or 6 4 definitely a winnable game from there.

poolisboring

Verified Member
From
toledo
i have a little rule i generally stick to and it is this: when down in score, play more aggressively, when up, less aggressive---so i would play the 7 which i believe is the play that could get me back in the game........

unoperro

Verified Member
Funny that Efren is -2,he doesnt like taking scratches.

GriffinG

Verified Member
From
NW Indiana
This is the first shot that comes to mind for me, looking forward to other replies...
Bank the 7 ball back to his hole, draw down to the bottom rail and over to where the 11 is.
I'm not sure how to embed a photo in a reply so it's attached.

As is the case with every shot I shoot on the internet, I think I can... I think I can... I think I can...
Gonna have to set this up over the weekend and take a few swings at it. I promise to record the actual results and not just "take #47"
Just to be safe, I'll get some crow out of the freezer and let a plate of it thaw.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
OK sharpshooters, go for it.

But for those of us with only human ability (or slightly under :frus ) it's too soon to get aggressive.

Like Cincy I also like moving the 12, but I'd 2-rail it -- long, short -- to somewhere around my side pocket and put CB as close as possible to Danny's pocket.

With the 12 gone, and possibly two of the balls on my side protected by the 3 balls in the middle, I figure to have lots of good options soon.

Besides, I don't get to play much, and this lets me play longer :)
============

Reminds me:

I was playing Ron Wiseman at Tunica and with me down a game he's up 6-1; I moved a ball up-table when I didn't need to. He looked at me (I don't think he was expecting to be watching him when he did it) and I said, "I'm gonna move 'em all up-table so I can get my nuts off longer."

He laughed and said, "Oh no you don't," and moved one back down. :heh

onepockethacker

Verified Member
OK sharpshooters, go for it.

But for those of us with only human ability (or slightly under :frus ) it's too soon to get aggressive.

Like Cincy I also like moving the 12, but I'd 2-rail it -- long, short -- to somewhere around my side pocket and put CB as close as possible to Danny's pocket.

With the 12 gone, and possibly two of the balls on my side protected by the 3 balls in the middle, I figure to have lots of good options soon.

Besides, I don't get to play much, and this lets me play longer :)
============

Reminds me:

I was playing Ron Wiseman at Tunica and with me down a game he's up 6-1; I moved a ball up-table when I didn't need to. He looked at me (I don't think he was expecting to be watching him when he did it) and I said, "I'm gonna move 'em all up-table so I can get my nuts off longer."

He laughed and said, "Oh no you don't," and moved one back down. :heh

John the only thing you will be doing is watching your opponent knocking the balls and your chance at winning up table... :sorry

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Thanks for the WWYD Larry!

Also, Griffin, I could be wrong but it doesn't look like you can draw the CB back to the bottom rail like that when banking the 7. I think the CB would be lucky to get back anywhere below the spot. That being said, you could still get where you wanted to with the CB by coming back across..so still could be a real good shot...also, attaching an image is perfectly fine. Or you could upload the picture and post a link as explained here: http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11983 - whatever you prefer.

My first inkling is to come off the pink striped ball (12?) and cross it so that it goes into those balls and maybe caroms towards my pocket. Either way the CB is going off the headrail with a little RHE to double up the combo on his long rail.

something like this:

If I can leave him down on the head rail near the pink ball, I would do that preferably but the angle looks like I have to go to head rail and then spin to his long rail.

If you dont think Danny will shoot at that combo and make it you havent watched him play.. if you are going to try and go to your hole down 8 balls and you are going to leave a shot anyway shoot the shot you have the highest percentage of making..

onepockethacker

Verified Member
What shot do you guys think Brumback would shoot here under these circumstances? and I know we do not bank like Brumback but because of the score sometimes you have to shoot a shot he would shoot if you want to win the game

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Kis

Kis

I like banking the stripe by the spot to a good table position, hide behind those two balls while bumping into the eight ball slightly, opening up both balls, then let my opponent do the heavy lifting.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
If you dont think Danny will shoot at that combo and make it you havent watched him play.. if you are going to try and go to your hole down 8 balls and you are going to leave a shot anyway shoot the shot you have the highest percentage of making..

Yea, I figure he may try to shoot the combo and if he makes it he wins, lets rack the next game but if he misses it I have a real good chance to get back in the game. I am not necessarily trying to make a ball with my shot...just put him down table a bit and have some balls broke up around my hole with the combo "teaser" shot for him to think about. May not be the best shot but its the first thing I saw :)

On a side note Rob, if you shoot at the 7, do you still play it somewhat pocket speed so that your CB ends up on or real close to his long rail so that if you miss it you leave him behind the cluster and with the same teaser shot at the combo or do you just fire the 7 knowing if you miss you lose anyway?

(just curious)

poolisboring

Verified Member
From
toledo
What shot do you guys think Brumback would shoot here under these circumstances? and I know we do not bank like Brumback but because of the score sometimes you have to shoot a shot he would shoot if you want to win the game
i think any world class banker would shoot the 7--its not that difficult of a shot---look at it this way, youre down 6 to minus 2 with few prospects,and things probably getting worse--at least give yourself a shot! or u can play passively, and waste a bunch of time while still losing the game--im going to try to win or push the issue since im already a big underdog to win-

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
There's no question in this situation what I would shoot I would shoot the 13ball into the 11ball in an attempt to carom bank the 13ball into my pocket. I would draw the cue ball around the 10ball playing position for either the 7ball or the three balls near the foot spot area.

This shot carries a fairly high degree of proper execution, however, it's there if you hit it well. Another positive about this shot is that it clears your opponents side of the table and if hit decently it could very easily set up a strong position for you if the 13ball isn't pocketed. Imo this shot is much better than banking at the 7ball, or any other option that may be available which I can't see any. :sorry

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

Jakie

Verified Member
From
Naples Fl
Efrem's shot

Efrem's shot

There's no question in this situation what I would shoot I would shoot the 13ball into the 11ball in an attempt to carom bank the 13ball into my pocket. I would draw the cue ball around the 10ball playing position for either the 7ball or the three balls near the foot spot area.

This shot carries a fairly high degree of proper execution, however, it's there if you hit it well. Another positive about this shot is that it clears your opponents side of the table and if hit decently it could very easily set up a strong position for you if the 13ball isn't pocketed. Imo this shot is much better than banking at the 7ball, or any other option that may be available which I can't see any. :sorry

Dr. Bill

Cut the 11 between one and the rail (sending both away from Danny's side) while playing to kick the13 toward your hole. Cue goes to long rail above the 7.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado

Dr. Bill

It feels like an all in shot. But with the score as is could easily be a game changer. Just can't leave Danny ANY good cut shot on the 10. I like the ball movements, much like a RA shot for sure.