Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2014, 07:02 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lll View Post
to luke perry and freddy
let him rest in peace
you can find someother time to feud
my condolences to the fels family
You are more than right Lar. The Ghost and I shook hands at George's wake last night. There was a nice crowd there and a few friends, myself included, gave a few eulogies and shared a few stories about our friend. I made mention of my original rating system for the billiard mags, as to how many "sittings" in the donneker each magazine would sustain. The Billiard Digest, mainly because of George's columns, was rated at Two Squats, with George's column often using up a whole squat all by itself. All the other billiard mags were good for one squat only.

Among the notables in attendance: Mike Panozzo, Larry Schwartz, John the cop Roske, Ed Young the cuemaker, Angel Levine, The Ghost, George Pawelski, etc.,etc. Mr 3Cushion sent an email for Angel to read.

Goodbye Pal. I will always remember when you educated the sweaters as to what Mexican Johnny actually meant when he would say, ShooWanDo? in Bensinger's. One guy actually thought it was a battle in the Korean War. His reply was, "Well the Marines took a pounding, but they held the line!"

You of course knew he was just asking for a game; translation: What do you want to do? (Stolen from one of George's old columns)

Beard
Attached Images

Last edited by fred bentivegna; 01-10-2014 at 07:12 AM.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:39 PM
Verified Member

Default Shoowando...

.....getting down to the nitty-gritty,around 83-84 I believe he called it out for us acolytes to peruse and address the legions of the green felt jungles....adieu Mr. Fels........
Old 01-11-2014, 12:34 AM
Suspended

I only knew Mr. Fel's through his written words, but what enlightening words they were..It was obvious how intimately he knew the 'old school' pool world..The old adage 'anyone can be replaced', just may not apply to George Fels....RIP sir, Life well lived.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:09 AM
Verified Member

I have known George for the better part of 50 years, he was a gentlemen first, and then a bunch of great stuff followed. I have never heard George raise his voice in anger, he was a pleasant man that was always a pleasure to be around, he will be sorely missed by all that truly knew him and others as well.

R.I.P. George, and I can only hope that when it's my turn that I end up close to you.

Bill Incardona

Tags
funeral, george fels