Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2018, 08:58 PM
Verified Member

First the ball count is off, beyond that, I'm banking the 8 1 rail to my side and putting whitey real cozy on the one ball. He needs at least 8 so I can be patient here.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:14 PM
Verified Member

Default WWYD - Need 3 in bottom right

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincardona View Post
Frank, you get my cookie, anything else would be uncivilized.

Dr. Bill

I wasn’t going to say anything but since you are giving away cookies...I think that high English is going to cause CB to roll into the kiss.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:38 PM
Verified Member

kiss is close cant tell from the pic but you can force out of it.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:12 AM
Verified Member

I am an avg banker at best but to me, if banking the 13 ball 1 rail long, seems like just high english or maybe 1 o'clock on the CB brings it to the side rail and then in between the 2 and 9. Still shooting the 8 next or whatever you like but that just seems a more natural path of the CB to me. With left or inside spin, it looks hard to beat the kiss but again, icbw!
Old 01-09-2018, 08:52 AM
Verified Member

Default WWYD - Need 3 in bottom right

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy_kid View Post
I am an avg banker at best but to me, if banking the 13 ball 1 rail long, seems like just high english or maybe 1 o'clock on the CB brings it to the side rail and then in between the 2 and 9. Still shooting the 8 next or whatever you like but that just seems a more natural path of the CB to me. With left or inside spin, it looks hard to beat the kiss but again, icbw!

I disagree. You are an above average banker buddy. 👍.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:05 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Almanza View Post
If I felt that I could beat the kiss then I might consider this and then shoot the eight ball next.

Attachment 21278
I don't think the kiss is even close. the CB is traveling less than two diamonds to clear the impact area, while the OB is traveling about nine diamonds to reach the impact area. The OB would have to travel almost four times as fast as the CB in order to kiss. Ain't happening.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:40 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darmoose View Post
I don't think the kiss is even close. the CB is traveling less than two diamonds to clear the impact area, while the OB is traveling about nine diamonds to reach the impact area. The OB would have to travel almost four times as fast as the CB in order to kiss. Ain't happening.
You are correct there is no kiss, not even close. This shot should be hit with extreme left English and slightly overcutting the ball will send the cue ball safely away from the 10ball. The cue ball will travel three cushions to the diamond above the top left pocket off the top rail to the side rail, then speed will determine where the final resting spot will be for the cue ball.

Dr. Bill
Old 01-09-2018, 10:34 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincardona View Post
You are correct there is no kiss, not even close. This shot should be hit with extreme left English and slightly overcutting the ball will send the cue ball safely away from the 10ball. The cue ball will travel three cushions to the diamond above the top left pocket off the top rail to the side rail, then speed will determine where the final resting spot will be for the cue ball.

Dr. Bill
I think Frank's diagram makes it look closer to a kiss than it is..but I believe you guys, thanks!

(see told ya Mitch - avg at best! )