Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2018, 03:09 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Drive View Post
Looking at the second picture. And seeing the pocket size, I'd probably play the 10-1 carom and bring the cue ball naturally behind that 7. All cue ball here.
I like this option the best. Good shot
Old 09-07-2018, 03:46 PM
Verified Member

I took all of these shots to the table, its very humbling, and sure brings one down to earth. All the kick shots were very hard for me, and some I could not get the cb to go as drawn up. Franks shot of banking the 7 with right english, I could not do at all, for I could not control the cb to hit the 7 properly.

I had the best luck with either cross banking the 7 with straight center, made a couple of times out of 6 tries. And one rail kicking the 7 coming off the long side rail with right english work very well, for the cue ball just goes naturally back to the long rail where it was stroked from. But man just being a little off and you hit either to thick or miss it altogether, and I sure missed it altogether a lot. LOL.

But, if the opponent needs only 1 ball then I would think it is important to either make the ball or really improve your position, for the ball off the 3 diamond can be shot right in the hole from where the cb is now. Thanks for the thread.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:51 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy_kid View Post
I guess I need to practice those shots more, but I am not very comfortable kicking long at the foot rail and coming over into the side of the ball and judging where to hit t to get the ball to my side and bring the CB up table. I will either miss the ball completely hitting it too thin or hit it too thick and sell out the 1 ball cross corner.
Iím not that confident of hitting it well either - it just looks worth trying. 🙂

pj
chgo
Old 09-07-2018, 05:15 PM
Verified Member

Finally got a chance to take it to a table. I had the best results playing the side rail kick to my hole with inside. Made it several times. If you miss the whole ball the cue ball goes three rails safe. The bank was a lot tougher than it looks from where the cue ball is and the carom might be ok but if you don't make it or hang it you sell out. The 1 ball is also a lot closer to the hole than it looks in the photo so the carom is possible. Jmo. John
Old 09-07-2018, 06:49 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtompilot View Post
I still havenít watched that shot
Revo all the way.............................................
no link....
Old 09-07-2018, 08:28 PM
Verified Member

I took my shot to the table also.

Simple execution good result.

Bill S.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:34 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtompilot View Post
I still havenít watched that shot
Me neither, but hopeful it will be somewhere to view.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:59 PM
Verified Member

Default Personal Preference

After it's all said and done, some of us bank the thin cut to be the shot....others look at other options. In Reality, OVER banking the 2 and playing ALL cue ball to the top rail/starboard site, whitey to the head rail/corner....that's what's really going on for the WIN.
If your a player than cannot overbank this shot 100% of the time, then other options must be considered.
no link....
Old 09-10-2018, 04:25 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Almanza View Post
This is what I like using a bit of right to direct the cue ball to that area. I would do this even if I didn't have a couple of balls to protect. I remember talking to Tom Wirth about this situation.Attachment 23357
Based on the score, based on the table layout, and based on the fact the the ball is not frozen to the rail which allows the space necessary to get a good hit for a controlled spinning cue ball, I am shooting the shot diagrammed in Frank Almanza's post 100% of the time. I would also shoot this shot if it were the last ball on the table.

Who wrote about the 99 critical shots in pool? Well, someone should write about the 99 critical shots in one pocket. This would be one of them.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:58 PM

Oki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff sparks View Post
I’m wondering about this shot... I’m sure a good billiard player would know if it’s on... perhaps Bill S. or Dr. Bill or someone else fluent in 3 cushion play could comment...
Cross the 7 to the long rail about a diamond short of the side pocket with the intention of 3 railing the 7 to your pocket... the way the shot lays using high English with maybe a tip of right to somewhat flatten the cb out thereby enabling it to pass above the 1 and below the 10 for a cb that will end up in a strong position uptable...might be a stretch with a lot of moving parts, but if it’s on, it would very strong...
Jeff; here is how the shot can be played here.

It's a, 'standard 4 cushion' shot in 3 cushion to play safe off the opponents CB! The 7 ball would be my opponents CB in 3C.

Attachment 23375

Last edited by mr3cushion; 02-05-2019 at 12:13 PM.