Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2005, 09:11 PM
Verified Member

Default Teacher needed.

Hey everyone, This is the coolest site I've run into yet! I'm a Florida transplant from PA. Near Daytona now. I'm a pretty good 1-hole player looking to get to a strong tourny player status. I've run 100's a few times, played 9-ball for years, but 1-pocket is my game of the future! I just need a mentor down here to bring me to the next level. I have no problem compensating my new teacher for his knowledge. Let me know if you can help me out. Thanks....Gerry.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:52 AM
Verified Member

Default My kind of student

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100andout
Hey everyone, This is the coolest site I've run into yet! I'm a Florida transplant from PA. Near Daytona now. I'm a pretty good 1-hole player looking to get to a strong tourny player status. I've run 100's a few times, played 9-ball for years, but 1-pocket is my game of the future! I just need a mentor down here to bring me to the next level. I have no problem compensating my new teacher for his knowledge. Let me know if you can help me out. Thanks....Gerry.
Your attitude makes you sound like my kind of student. However, I am in Chicago and have no immediate plans to go to Fla in the near future. There have been many great Onepocket players come out of PA. Jimmy Fusco, for one, is a Onepocket master. I love the way he plays.
the Beard
Old 09-10-2005, 08:23 AM
Verified Member

Thanx F.B.
I wish we were a little closer geographically! We used to go down to South Philly billiards and see the Fuscos play. I would'nt want any part of either of those brothers. Nice guys though, I sold Petey my Rosewood BlackBoar about 10 years ago. I still miss that cue.......G
Old 09-10-2005, 09:36 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100andout
Thanx F.B.
I wish we were a little closer geographically! We used to go down to South Philly billiards and see the Fuscos play. I would'nt want any part of either of those brothers. Nice guys though, I sold Petey my Rosewood BlackBoar about 10 years ago. I still miss that cue.......G
Petey and Jimmy Fusco are cousins, not brothers. I loved playing in South Philly Billiards. Being an Italian, I also loved South Philly area. The people and the food were wonderful.
the Beard
Old 09-10-2005, 10:29 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred bentivegna
Petey and Jimmy Fusco are cousins, not brothers. I loved playing in South Philly Billiards. Being an Italian, I also loved South Philly area. The people and the food were wonderful.
the Beard
My bad Fred, cousins it is! I lived in the burbs about 40 miles west of Philly, so it was always an adventure going into the city for me. Feasterville, Tacony, all great action rooms. I used to love watching Corn flakes play.

I never matched up much in the city, except one night with Jimmy Metts( sp) I had no clue who he was, he never said a word but wanna play cheap?, I said sure, and sat and watched him run about 10 racks of 9ball talking to himself the whole time. I got off cheap after a friend sat next to me and asked what kinda spot I was getting, i said none, he said get out while you can. I paid him and never saw him again. Cheap lesson as far as I'm concerned.....G
Old 09-15-2005, 09:37 AM
Verified Member

Default 1 hole

Well, I have a suggestion. THere's a 1p tourney the third saturday of every month in orlando double elimination $25 it's a fun tourney and it's open and everyone plays even. Not to far from you and it happens to be tommorow. Orlando billiard center. A few guys there play pretty good so you can gauge how far you really have to go...
Old 09-15-2005, 02:23 PM
Verified Member

Default Lessons

I'll be in Orlando Nov.30th thru Dec.4th and I'll have time on my hands. Check out www.gradymathews.com for details.
I'll be out of town for the next three weeks but you can contact me anytime after that.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:55 PM
Verified Member

Excelent Grady!, I'm only about an hour or so from Orlando. I have a few of your tapes, and I study them along with the Accu-stats matches religiously. I think a few hours of 1-pocket theory and moves with you would go a long way to helping my game. I'll make sure to contact you in the next few weeks to set something up on your trip down here, or I'm more than willing to travel up your way if that works out better. Thanks, Gerry.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:12 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'll_bust_you
Well, I have a suggestion. THere's a 1p tourney the third saturday of every month in orlando double elimination $25 it's a fun tourney and it's open and everyone plays even. Not to far from you and it happens to be tommorow. Orlando billiard center. A few guys there play pretty good so you can gauge how far you really have to go...
Thanx, BTW could you tell me what time the tourny starts/practice time? I got directions from Google, and I might just make it down there....Gerry
Old 09-16-2005, 10:12 AM
Verified Member

Default 1 hole tourney

I believe practice starts at 12 tourney at 1...Call orlando billiard center to be sure...