Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-25-2015, 06:24 PM
1 HOLE NUT 1 HOLE NUT is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Biloxi, Ms.
Posts: 85
Default My buffalo's experience

Ever since I heard about this event I knew I was going to take off and be there to watch the best of the best play, even though I have heard Frost himself complain about these kind of events(big entry fee and not getting help with room and board). They did help with this in this event, even though I don't agree with players about this topic I'm glad all the top pros where able to make it down here, and put on a great display of talent, sportsmen ship.

I'm not far from New Orleans, and got there Thursday afternoon and I knew there was not going to be enough room to be comfortable so I was mentally prepared for that, but even though I have been there a ton of times, I was not prepared to be that cold and it to be that smoky. I had to go to Wal-Mart the next morning and get a long sleeve shirt and eye drops. I don't smoke, and don't like to smell like it leaving the poolroom, but I know that at least 75% of the pool community (players and fans)do, so that I have got used to over the years, but my eyes felt the worst they ever had before, it is funny though I played jtompilot about 15 hours straight and never felt cold nor did my eyes ever hurt. Basically if you get to play one pocket your problems go away for a short amount of time.

I had a great match against jtompilot, I did win but that is not why it was great, he is a good player, but better sportsman. This was are second session the first ending in a draw, and not lasting near as long. We got all rules ironed out before the match and if someone fouled neither one need to be told twice like they wanted to argue the point. I win 8 games and it cost 4 games in pool time, and usually I would think that was not good enough, but as bad as I play now I'm just happy to break even. With me being in somewhat of a pool retirement my mindset is starting to change about what I'm looking for in action. The older I get and the less I get to play the more I just want to play cheap and have fun, and I am disappointed I have not tried to get to know more players on OnePocket.org that love to just play one pocket, I have played a few on here but am looking forward to playing many more in the future.
__________________
Best player in the poolroom. "Hey you want to play some Onepocket?"

Me. "Sure"
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-25-2015, 07:05 PM
Miller's Avatar
Miller Miller is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: East St. Louis Area
Posts: 3,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 HOLE NUT View Post
Ever since I heard about this event I knew I was going to take off and be there to watch the best of the best play, even though I have heard Frost himself complain about these kind of events(big entry fee and not getting help with room and board). They did help with this in this event, even though I don't agree with players about this topic I'm glad all the top pros where able to make it down here, and put on a great display of talent, sportsmen ship.

I'm not far from New Orleans, and got there Thursday afternoon and I knew there was not going to be enough room to be comfortable so I was mentally prepared for that, but even though I have been there a ton of times, I was not prepared to be that cold and it to be that smoky. I had to go to Wal-Mart the next morning and get a long sleeve shirt and eye drops. I don't smoke, and don't like to smell like it leaving the poolroom, but I know that at least 75% of the pool community (players and fans)do, so that I have got used to over the years, but my eyes felt the worst they ever had before, it is funny though I played jtompilot about 15 hours straight and never felt cold nor did my eyes ever hurt. Basically if you get to play one pocket your problems go away for a short amount of time.

I had a great match against jtompilot, I did win but that is not why it was great, he is a good player, but better sportsman. This was are second session the first ending in a draw, and not lasting near as long. We got all rules ironed out before the match and if someone fouled neither one need to be told twice like they wanted to argue the point. I win 8 games and it cost 4 games in pool time, and usually I would think that was not good enough, but as bad as I play now I'm just happy to break even. With me being in somewhat of a pool retirement my mindset is starting to change about what I'm looking for in action. The older I get and the less I get to play the more I just want to play cheap and have fun, and I am disappointed I have not tried to get to know more players on OnePocket.org that love to just play one pocket, I have played a few on here but am looking forward to playing many more in the future.
you must play very, very good.

thanks for the trip report.

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-25-2015, 07:25 PM
gulfportdoc's Avatar
gulfportdoc gulfportdoc is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Gulfport, Mississippi
Posts: 8,978
Default

I'm glad y'all played. I didn't think I could play Jim even. Now I KNOW I can't.

~Doc
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-25-2015, 07:44 PM
1 HOLE NUT 1 HOLE NUT is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Biloxi, Ms.
Posts: 85
Default

I'm very na´ve and or skeptical about people's speed as I have been hustled more than few times, but I hope I can tell without jtompilot getting knocked and or mad at me for saying, but some of his shot selection attempts though about 50% successful were above my skill level. Just knowing some of the shots that he does much less attempting them while gambling impressed me.
__________________
Best player in the poolroom. "Hey you want to play some Onepocket?"

Me. "Sure"

Last edited by 1 HOLE NUT; 05-25-2015 at 08:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-25-2015, 08:12 PM
LSJohn LSJohn is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: monett missouri
Posts: 7,269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfportdoc View Post
I'm glad y'all played. I didn't think I could play Jim even. Now I KNOW I can't.

~Doc
The pilot and I tried for 3 days to find a time that would work for both of us to play, but it didn't work out. I'm pretty sure I'm lucky it didn't.

My best performance at the table was a 3-game loss! I played a senior stranger even and managed to win 4 games out of 11. I found out later that someone who could easily give me 9-7 gets 9-7 from him.

My best performance gambling was getting timed out on a bet I was trying to get down. Whew!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-25-2015, 09:35 PM
jtompilot jtompilot is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 3,520
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJohn View Post
The pilot and I tried for 3 days to find a time that would work for both of us to play, but it didn't work out. I'm pretty sure I'm lucky it didn't.

My best performance at the table was a 3-game loss! I played a senior stranger even and managed to win 4 games out of 11. I found out later that someone who could easily give me 9-7 gets 9-7 from him.

My best performance gambling was getting timed out on a bet I was trying to get down. Whew!
I've been hustled a few few times, I've been run over many times. It's all part of the action. Every once in awhile I actually win.

1holenut, it was a pleasure playing you again. How long did we play, 14 hours? My passion for the game has never been higher. You are much more consistent than I am. I wish we could play more often. You know I don't live that far away
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-25-2015, 10:55 PM
1 HOLE NUT 1 HOLE NUT is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Biloxi, Ms.
Posts: 85
Default

Going to have to get my # from Col. Billy Miller,or I will get yours from him, but I think we need to play at Lacy's next time, a little closer for me, and in my opinion a better place to play for a lot of reasons.
__________________
Best player in the poolroom. "Hey you want to play some Onepocket?"

Me. "Sure"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All original content Copyright Onepocket.org and/or the original author. All rights reserved.