Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2017, 11:17 AM
Verified Member

Default WDYL - SF vs DO

What did you learn about The Game, as in strategy, moves, shots...not about either player.

I noticed how important it was in late game situations to put the ball near your top corner where you aren't giving up a two railer. Now, I was aware of this of course, but it was impressive that these guys would consistently shoot an easy take-out and have the ball end up in that spot. That is something I intend to practice, as I don't currently have a feel for where the ball is going on those takeouts, I'm usually just worried about the cb.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:32 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngstownkid View Post
What did you learn about The Game, as in strategy, moves, shots...not about either player.

I noticed how important it was in late game situations to put the ball near your top corner where you aren't giving up a two railer. Now, I was aware of this of course, but it was impressive that these guys would consistently shoot an easy take-out and have the ball end up in that spot. That is something I intend to practice, as I don't currently have a feel for where the ball is going on those takeouts, I'm usually just worried about the cb.
I saw that too, it was pretty unreal how consistently they did that.

I "learned" (since I have not actually learned the shot yet) an up and down bank where the last OB is near your opponent's hole but out maybe 4-6" into the table and they bank it back to the head rail and down into their hole, sending the CB 3 rails to the corner. Made it look practically free!
Old 03-06-2017, 11:42 AM
Verified Member

Default WDYL - SF vs DO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffinG View Post
I saw that too, it was pretty unreal how consistently they did that.

I "learned" (since I have not actually learned the shot yet) an up and down bank where the last OB is near your opponent's hole but out maybe 4-6" into the table and they bank it back to the head rail and down into their hole, sending the CB 3 rails to the corner. Made it look practically free!

I always paid attn to the obj ball on that up and down, thinking you were just supposed to hit with outside to hold the cb and hit it hard enough to not leave a cross. Never thought to hit it pocket speed with inside. Glad you caught that and added that here, thx.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:21 PM
Verified Member

big thing i saw was how "quiet" orcullos stroke was......no wonder hes so accurate, also he took his time, carefully weighing his options......and, ive said this many times, op is like chess in one respect and that is this: you can make many decent moves through the game, but one poor move and its over--and that "poor" move can actually be somewhat decent and u still get punished at the highest levels of either game---as some have said, most op games are lost rather than won........
Old 03-06-2017, 09:03 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngstownkid View Post

I learned that I need to tell myself before I shoot that my name Dennis, my name is Dennis, my name is Dennis. I can make damn near everything
Old 03-07-2017, 02:19 PM
Verified Member

The mind is a terrible thing. I just played a 9 ball tourney and kept telling myself "my name is Alex" as I kept dogging easy 9balls. I do like your idea though JT.