Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2017, 09:37 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincardona View Post
Assuming you can't come off the 1ball nor shoot between the 5 and 6ball the shot I like is Kybank's suggestion on pocketing the 6ball and following behind the 11ball. However, you are down 2 to -3 so that option may not be too appealing to many so the shot that I would strongly consider is banking the 12ball into the balls near my pocket near the foot rail and travel three rails around table and dropping behind the 11ball. There looks tro be a fairly large area to drop the cue ball in providing the angle is suitable for that option.

Dr. Bill
I'm glad to see at least one other person would like to turn the tables and move some balls over!

That said, if you can really get between the 5 and 6, that's probably wiser. Otherwise, I'm playing the 14 or 12.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:46 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory in dc View Post
I'm glad to see at least one other person would like to turn the tables and move some balls over!

That said, if you can really get between the 5 and 6, that's probably wiser. Otherwise, I'm playing the 14 or 12.
Playing off the 14ball is good providing you use the 5ball to hide the 4ball. When playing off the 14ball you cannot hit this shot with much power because the shot must be executed to follow the cue ball precisely to the long rail and not much further running the risk of selling out the 6ball. Equally as important you must hide the return bank on the 4ball by using the 5ball as a blocker, this option will buy a little time and possibly nudge a ball closer to your pocket representing a threat which would put restrictions on your opponents next move.

Dr. Bill
Old 03-11-2017, 09:58 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff sparks View Post
This is the 1st shot I saw and I really didn't look beyond it...I like banking the 1 ball over to my long rail and putting the CB under and behind the 11...I'll take my chances and play it from there...
To me this is the only shot that makes sense. You must get a ball on your side to stop any up-table traps by him, and since it's going to take some time to work yourself out of this horrible position, this is the first positive step towards that goal.

If you get whitey really locked down behind that 11, you will get an even better shot next time to improve your position.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:10 AM
Verified Member

Yes, indeed. Play off the 1 and get behind the 11. Let him be in trouble a while.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:15 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngstownkid View Post
Guess it wasn't a bear trap after all. It sure looks like you could squeeze thru the 5 and 6, but I sure didn't see that at the time. Nor the shot off the 1. Maybe I just had a mental meltdown and was panicking or something...hmmm
if you have the mindset that there is no trap that you cant escape from, then getting out of this situation is easy, with lots of good options......you cant let your opponent mentally defeat you..... you lose on execution? well, thats a whole other story......
Old 03-11-2017, 10:16 AM
Verified Member

I assume nobody likes this because it's too kissy...?

pj
chgo

Attachment 45346
Attached Images

Old 03-11-2017, 10:17 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Playing off the 14ball is good providing you use the 5ball to hide the 4ball. When playing off the 14ball you cannot hit this shot with much power because the shot must be executed to follow the cue ball precisely to the long rail and not much further running the risk of selling out the 6ball. Equally as important you must hide the return bank on the 4ball by using the 5ball as a blocker, this option will buy a little time and possibly nudge a ball closer to your pocket representing a threat which would put restrictions on your opponents next move.

Dr. Bill
Bill,
Looking at the 12 ball shot... The 12 appears to be laying lower than the CB, so in order to get the CB to travel around the table, it's gonna take some low right hand draw and a bit more speed than I would be willing to risk for fear of driving a ball or two back across into his pocket quadrant... the shot could work out well though, with a very good CB and no bad luck...

I just liked moving the 1 ball over and dropping in under the 11, pretty bad spot for him if I get the CB there... easy to control since it's about 98% CB, no need to concentrate on anything but CB speed...
Old 03-11-2017, 10:20 AM
Verified Member

Quote:

Dr. Bill
If you shoot the 14, I'm thinking to hit the 12 with the cueball and get behind the 6/11, so you can put some pace on it.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:35 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
I assume nobody likes this because it's too kissy...?

pj
chgo

Attachment 45346
The inside English in your diagram will insure a kiss.

Rodney Stephens.
(e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working
Old 03-11-2017, 10:49 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapros View Post
Yes, indeed. Play off the 1 and get behind the 11. Let him be in trouble a while.
yeah, it's a no-brainer. that's the shot.... get Reyes in here!