Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2017, 11:47 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
I assume nobody likes this because it's too kissy...?

pj
chgo
That probably is a kiss. I was looking at banking the 6 into the backside of the 11, kicking it over to the shooter's hole, while banking the CB up below the 9 (as in your drawing). But it's probably iffy, and the 14 or 1 ball shots are likely better. I especially like the 14 bank, if it can hit the 3/8 full without the CB bumping into the 12.

~Doc
Old 03-11-2017, 11:51 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff sparks View Post
Bill,
Looking at the 12 ball shot... The 12 appears to be laying lower than the CB, so in order to get the CB to travel around the table, it's gonna take some low right hand draw and a bit more speed than I would be willing to risk for fear of driving a ball or two back across into his pocket quadrant... the shot could work out well though, with a very good CB and no bad luck...

I just liked moving the 1 ball over and dropping in under the 11, pretty bad spot for him if I get the CB there... easy to control since it's about 98% CB, no need to concentrate on anything but CB speed...
I agree, that would be the best choice providing you can see enough of the 1ball to execute the shot. My suggestions were based off of the options that were available if the 1ball option was not available. The 14ball option with following the cue ball to the side rail in back of the 5ball is also a good option and if you could contact a ball and move it to a threatening position then the 14ball option would be even better.

Dr. Bill
Old 03-11-2017, 11:59 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincardona View Post
I agree, that would be the best choice providing you can see enough of the 1ball to execute the shot. My suggestions were based off of the options that were available if the 1ball option was not available. The 14ball option with following the cue ball to the side rail in back of the 5ball is also a good option and if you could contact a ball and move it to a threatening position then the 14ball option would be even better.

Dr. Bill
If I were certain that I could move a ball close to my pocket shooting off the 14ball even if was 10" from my pocket representing some kind of a threat (deterrent) I would choose this option even if the 1ball option was available. My reasoning is that the degree of difficulty in the execution of both shots would be the deciding difference in choosing the 14ball because the simplicity of the shot as opposed to a shot on the 1ball where if the execution wasn't fairly good bad things could happen, plus there's no guarantee you can drop under the 11ball with the shot.

Dr. Bill
Old 03-11-2017, 12:08 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory in dc View Post
If you shoot the 14, I'm thinking to hit the 12 with the cueball and get behind the 6/11, so you can put some pace on it.
That's a computer shot, it plays out nicely from our computer screen but on a pool table those type of shots don't work out well at all. It's very difficult to judge how much the cue ball will deflect when you alter your point of aim from a full ball hit to change the direction of the cue ball. Since cue ball control is at a premium choosing the 14ball option I wouldn't try to do anything fancy with the cue ball other than to follow straight through the 14ball.

You can set this shot up on a table and practice it and I wouldn't be surprised if you got good results after hitting it several times, however, in a real live game you only get one attempt.

Dr. Bill
Old 03-11-2017, 01:46 PM
Verified Member

He has 2 balls, I am 3 in the hole, I am banking the 6 and try to get back in the game by making some balls.
I'm supposed to lose this game anyway, and may not get another opportunity to get a bunch.
I would bank it with a center ball hit ,and try to bump the 1 to stop, or slow the cueball down .

Last edited by Billy Jackets; 03-11-2017 at 01:52 PM.
Old 03-11-2017, 01:59 PM
Verified Member

It appears you can spin off the seven ball and get under the six ball and against the side rail on the opponents pocket. This shot is on if you use very low speed and extreme spin to carry the cue ball under the six.
Old 03-11-2017, 02:34 PM
Verified Member

Imo, the 6 ball poses the biggest threat and it has a huge pocket with the 11 where it is. I am making it now (rolling behind the 11) so it doesn't become a problem later. I am leaving the 14 where it is because it poses a threat if my opponent wants to go up table. Executed perfectly( cb froze between the 11 and rail) it could allow me to get back in the game.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:17 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybanks View Post
Imo, the 6 ball poses the biggest threat and it has a huge pocket with the 11 where it is. I am making it now (rolling behind the 11) so it doesn't become a problem later. I am leaving the 14 where it is because it poses a threat if my opponent wants to go up table. Executed perfectly( cb froze between the 11 and rail) it could allow me to get back in the game.
Certainly a good option but not as strong as it normally would be if the score were closer.
Dr Bill
Old 03-11-2017, 11:22 PM
Verified Member

No worries here. Bank the 1 ball off of the bottom side of the 12 ball and stick whitey on the top rail leaving a combo for your opponent. If the 1 stops near your pocket the 14 ball should hide it pretty well.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:58 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomike View Post
No worries here. Bank the 1 ball off of the bottom side of the 12 ball and stick whitey on the top rail leaving a combo for your opponent. If the 1 stops near your pocket the 14 ball should hide it pretty well.
Coming under the 12 is clever. But the pocket for that 6 ball is sort of huge even from up table on the long rail.