Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2019, 03:53 PM
Verified Member

Default Kevin McLaughlin vs. Michael Singsen Finals 2018

One Pocket players in the Bay Area are very fortunate that California Cue Sports has sponsored a handicapped One Pocket league for the last few years. Our tournament director is Bee Davison, who you might have met at the members tournament in Fremont last year, who has been a fixture on the NorCal scene for many decades. The league has chapters at California Billiards in Fremont and at the Broken Rack in Emeryville. The handicap system makes it possible for players of all skill levels to compete in matches where each contender has a legitimate chance to win. For instance, if the highest and lowest rated players match up in the weekly race to 3, the spot is 16-5; the better player still has the edge, but there isn't room for many mistakes.

http://californiacuesports.com/Default.aspx

At the conclusion of each season, there is a tournament. Last fall, Kevin McLaughlin and I squared up in the finals, and it went to the case game. I was lucky to win after falling behind 2-0.

Bee Davison recorded the match. One of our stalwarts, Premo Ahsar, thought it would be fun to get Kevin and I to commentate after the fact, so he engineered and produced that commentary. It is now up on YouTube for the world to see. Some of it makes me cringe, my many weaknesses exposed to the world, but here it is for all (who can bear to watch) to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAJVQl84Fk4
Old 04-11-2019, 02:32 PM
Verified Member

Kevin and I are playing our regular season match tonight. He is 20-0 on the season, whilst I am 17-4, so my hope is to block his perfect season.

I posted our finals match here because I thought members might be interested. Even though there are no comments, it occurs to me that other members might have recorded matches that could be shared with 1p.org.

Maybe I don't know where to look: is there a place on 1p.org for a repository of recorded matches?