Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2018, 09:20 PM
Verified Member

Default You are bottom left, need 7

WWYD here?

MM
Old 01-04-2018, 09:48 PM
Verified Member

I will try to depopulate Joe Blow's side of the table, shooting the 14 at the 7 and bringing Jojo off the long rail to rest on the foot rail, near Joe's pocket. With all balls on my side, Joe will have a long tough hill to climb from a tough position.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:54 PM
Verified Member

Just pay up or bank the 14 to your side draw to freeze to the 12. Go ahead and let him Bank the 6 and hope he misses and you can run a few afterwards. Tony might be able to stiff the 9 or maybe the 11 is available
Old 01-04-2018, 11:38 PM
Verified Member

If the three does not go past the six then this is my choice. Nice slow roller. Guaranteed to leave both balls very near to your hole. If you don't make the ten most likely he will not shoot at the seven or the three six combo. So I think it's a free shot to win the game.
Name:  Well worth it.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  47.9 KB
Old 01-04-2018, 11:41 PM
Verified Member

Default You are bottom left, need 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Almanza View Post
If the three does not go past the six then this is my choice. Nice slow roller. Guaranteed to leave both balls very near to your hole. If you don't make the ten most likely he will not shoot at the seven or the three six combo. So I think it's a free shot to win the game.

Attachment 21241

Frank I think your hole is the one closest to the cue ball.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:43 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkbtank View Post
Frank I think your hole is the one closest to the cue ball.
Ok, lol never mind. I knew it looked too easy.
Old 01-05-2018, 01:02 AM
Verified Member

I usually fight against an uptable game, but sometimes the table leaves me no choice. This is one of those times, for me at least.

Get the 14 to my side and stick on the 12, as JTom described.

Cory

P.S. I fight against uptable games not because I *can't* play them, but because it's less fun (less fun to me, not to Grampa) than playing with the pressure/opportunity of real threats of multi-ball runs.
Old 01-05-2018, 01:07 AM
Verified Member

seems like the 11 is available and you could tree top cue ball over 10
Old 01-05-2018, 07:38 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtompilot View Post
Just pay up or bank the 14 to your side draw to freeze to the 12. Go ahead and let him Bank the 6 and hope he misses and you can run a few afterwards. Tony might be able to stiff the 9 or maybe the 11 is available
I would shoot "jtompilot's" very uncomplicated but very effective shot of banking the 14-ball to my side of the table while playing the cue ball to nudge up against the 12-ball. From that position my opponent doesn't have any effective return shots when compared to... the shot that "vapros" elected. That shot is "to depopulate Joe Blow's side of the table, (by) shooting the 14 at the 7 and bringing Jojo off the long rail to rest on the foot rail, near Joe's pocket. With all balls on my side, Joe will have a long tough hill to climb from a tough position." A quick analysis of "vapros's" shot and it becomes evident that you will quickly lose your current dominant position on the 1, 8, 9, 12 and 15-balls. It further seems evident that Joe Blow will have an easy time knocking those balls from my side of the table to the upper table by picking either the 12, 15 or 9 balls depending on his angle from the back rail. This is now an up table game and how a tactical error can quickly change the game.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:24 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtompilot View Post
that's the shot.