Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > Bank Pool Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2018, 02:31 PM
Verified Member

Default Cole Dickson Twist Bank / OP Match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJVEpmW2ZXEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiBM6JLcmK4

The first video Cole is playing Luat OP. Luat gets a ball by his hole and Cole is excellent in defending and looking good and playing well. The next video is excellent coverage of Cole doing twist banks during this OP pocket match, and Luat doing an excellent bank.

I am envious because Cole @ 60 yrs. old still has his straight leg stance and elbow point. I lost that from not playing, and man does it make it hard when trying to make a come back and you do not have an elbow point anymore. Wow!

I have a hard time grasping that Cole is not decked out in polyester with shoulder length straight blond hair. The last time I seen him we were in a bar playing pool, and barely old enough to be in there. What a shot maker!!!! enjoy, Whitey
Old 12-19-2018, 02:19 PM
Verified Member

Nice finds, always loved the twist banks myself, hence the username... It was a bit hard for me to tell from the video, but is Cole hitting that second twist bank with just a bit of draw or also a bit of left? In his books/dvds, Freddy always made a point to extoll the virtues of a center ball hit and I was always amazed at the kind of banks you could make doing that. Not saying it's the "correct" way, just love seeing how different great bankers approached the game.

And man, that's a heck of a shot by Luat to win the set. Yikes.
Old 12-19-2018, 02:32 PM
Verified Member

Default Cole Dickson Twist Bank / OP Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister View Post

And man, that's a heck of a shot by Luat to win the set. Yikes.
Looked like a touch of low to me also. Makes it grab more imo.

Also - Luat sporting a “banking with the beard” shirt while doing it. Shout out to Freddy!