Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2018, 09:57 AM
Verified Member

Keoneyo, I agree with you. I'd take an intentional by going into the 1 & 4 w/cb going deeper into the stack. I want to loosen up the 1 so it can go into my pocket to keep him from going up table. I also want to loosen up the 4 so it goes to my hole, by lining up the 9-4 combo, so if he kicks out I may end up with a shot on the 4. Whitey
Old 11-18-2018, 09:57 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keoneyo View Post
Before i take a 2 rail kick off the 13 I take a scratch and push the 1 ball a little out leaving him stuck to the rack. Just to see what he does. He takes a scratch back and then I kick.
This is also my choice, but I will add. I will push/squish/foul the cue ball slightly, to open the one up for a later shot, leaving em attached to it and the 9, while trying to push the 4, trying to make it a dead combo. Then my opponent, may not look at the new Wired combo, and immediately foul back, then you put em behind the 14. Now you have two threats, 4 ball and a makeable one ball.
no link....

Last edited by Island Drive; 11-18-2018 at 10:04 AM.
Old 11-18-2018, 10:06 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Drive View Post
This is also my choice, but I will add. I will push/squish/foul the cue ball slightly, to open the one up for a later shot, leaving em attached to it and the 9, while trying to push the 9, to make it a dead combo. Doing two things. Then my opponent, may not look at the new Wired combo, and immediately foul back, then you put em behind the 14. Now you have two threats, combo and a makeable one ball.
Good thought, but any intentional foul will be met with the same like Nick said. Itís possible you might get your opponent to screw it up
Old 11-18-2018, 10:15 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtompilot View Post
Good thought, but any intentional foul will be met with the same like Nick said. It’s possible you might get your opponent to screw it up
But if you push the 4 and make it dead, take a foul, and he fouls back w/o looking at the four, yeah your on two, but he's behind the 14. Am I missing something? Now, I'm going to 10 and he's going to 9.
no link....
Old 11-18-2018, 10:33 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Drive View Post
This is also my choice, but I will add. I will push/squish/foul the cue ball slightly, to open the one up for a later shot, leaving em attached to it and the 9, while trying to push the 9, to make it a dead combo. Doing two things. Then my opponent, may not look at the new Wired combo, and immediately foul back, then you put em behind the 14. Now you have two threats, combo and a makeable one ball.
Island Drive, to me this is, and I would call intentional illegally trapping/wedging the cue ball, by use of an illegal stroke. Currently the penalty is to have the balls restored! I'd like it upgraded to opt to have ball in hand.

In viewing play on Sunday's Cal. MOT I seen this tactic used, either intentionally or it may and probably of been unintentional, but still it was the use of an illegal stroke to bury the cb within the stack. iMO it caused the opponent to loose a crucial game, for I believe he was on two intentionals and had to shoot, with no way out! If I was refereeing, the balls would of been restored, in accordance with OP.org rules.

in BCAPL rules; it is a ball in hand for the opponent, but they do not go far enough for it only pertains to wedging within a pocket, and in reality it could happen anywhere upon the table.

I intend on doing a whole thread on this one of these days, plus it will contain other illegal shots, and scenarios. Whitey
Old 11-18-2018, 11:02 AM
Verified Member

Whitey, if at anytime you see an intentional foul at MOT, then talk to someone about it. If you go to the next one, please bring it up at the players meeting.
Now the two rail kick. No way. I slide by the ball after the second rail and sell out?
Intentional foul? No way again. I am not in that difficult position.
Iím shooting the cue off the one, breaking up the stack a little on my side and spinning the cue ball two rail up into the opposite corner.
If I take an intentional, it would be to shoot to the bottom rail beneath the stripe 13 close to the rail.
Old 11-18-2018, 11:34 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis "Whitey" Young View Post
Island Drive, to me this is, and I would call intentional illegally trapping/wedging the cue ball, by use of an illegal stroke. Currently the penalty is to have the balls restored! I'd like it upgraded to opt to have ball in hand.

In viewing play on Sunday's Cal. MOT I seen this tactic used, either intentionally or it may and probably of been unintentional, but still it was the use of an illegal stroke to bury the cb within the stack. iMO it caused the opponent to loose a crucial game, for I believe he was on two intentionals and had to shoot, with no way out! If I was refereeing, the balls would of been restored, in accordance with OP.org rules.

in BCAPL rules; it is a ball in hand for the opponent, but they do not go far enough for it only pertains to wedging within a pocket, and in reality it could happen anywhere upon the table.

I intend on doing a whole thread on this one of these days, plus it will contain other illegal shots, and scenarios. Whitey

I agree with you on your explanation this illegal type shot. I might have and easier time pulling this shot off legally with an elevated cue (I'm 6'6'') but how that shot plays out is purely a judgement/referee call. You have to be LIVE in the moment and behind em to make the proper call. This lessens the chance of making a bad call.

As the ref watches the entire match he then knows how each player swings his cue, this is extremely helpful in making the correct call. Someone that just walked in and sat down and saw the same shot. Would they see it the same way as you?

A ref calling balls/strikes at the plate, is in the same spot as a pool ref. making a call. Gotta watch/live.

I remember when Grady first opened his pool room in Colorado Springs a block away from the USOC on 1400 E. Platte. He told us all. If the cue ball is frozen to the object ball ''you are not allowed'' to go forward EVER, automatic foul.
no link....
Old 11-18-2018, 11:40 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakie View Post
Shoot the 1ball uptable to hit a rail leaving the cue frozen to the 4ball. Now your opponent has to get the cue ball to a rail. Now you have a good chance of getting to the balls near his pocket for a safe, a clear out or a bank. Your opponent is now in a jam and needs to play himself out of his own trap.
My thoughts also. Good Eye.

Rodney Stephens.
(e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working
Old 11-18-2018, 12:42 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakie View Post
Shoot the 1ball up table to hit a rail leaving the cue frozen to the 4ball. Now your opponent has to get the cue ball to a rail. Now you have a good chance of getting to the balls near his pocket for a safe, a clear out or a bank. Your opponent is now in a jam and needs to play himself out of his own trap.

How far uptable?
no link....
Old 11-18-2018, 01:20 PM
Verified Member

To hit the top rail. You don't want to take the first scratch in this situation