Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2018, 03:03 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrzbill View Post
I agree the two railer does all the things you said. There is one thing it can do that you didnít state; it may tie up the five with another ball. Coming off the five is my shot and Iím sticking to it.
this is my thought exactly
Old 11-18-2018, 08:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy_kid View Post
first shot I saw was going off the 5, but I do like the 2 railer on the 12 as well.

Another duck type shot I may look at is going off the right side of the 13 with LHE and go 2 rails with CB sticking the CB in the huge catcher's mitt in the stack.
If the 13 laid right for going two-rails to the stack, that would be the shot -- but it looks to me that you would have to hit the 13 too thick, and inadvertently send it into those balls, potentially causing a problem.

The thing about the two-rail shot on the 12 is that it's tough to accurately control the final landing of the cue ball. I mean a little cut to the left or right is a big change to where the cue ball goes. Whereas if you go off the 5 ball with a light carom, easy to execute, and it seems much easier to land the cue ball where it actually doubles up the 6 behind the 14. In fact the 3 ball probably bounces out and further clogs up your opponent's path to safety. I like the rub off the 5
Old 11-18-2018, 09:49 PM
Verified Member

Shooting the shot on the 12 ball is right up my alley and I can hit it with confidence. Following with Jojo, such as on this shot, in my opinion is just as valuable as the ability to draw the ball. Maybe even more. Comments?
Old 11-20-2018, 02:36 AM
Verified Member

Paper thin off the ten ball up to where the one ball is
Old 11-20-2018, 03:20 AM
Verified Member

My first outlook was to two rail the 12-ball for all the same reasons presented by "Island Drive." However, I had a contrary outlook after reading over the other posts of how the shot could be executed. Consequently, I too would shoot the cue ball off the 5-ball because of the simplicity in the execution of the shot.
Old 11-20-2018, 10:13 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfportdoc View Post
If the shooter's hole is where the 14 is, I'd likely come off the 5 (about half-ball hit), opening up the 5-3, and roll the CB up to near the opposite corner pocket.

~Doc
Yes, I like coming off the 5ball as well. Positioning the cue ball in one of two places would suffice, either catty-corner to your pocket..like you mentioned, or past the side pocket close to the rail. Shooting off the 12ball IMO is not as strong because it removes a potential blocker and may open up a lane for your opponent to utilize and maneuver the cue ball to escape, plus it takes away an interfering ball that may preclude your opponent in pocketing the 11ball at a later time.

Dr. Bill
Old 11-20-2018, 11:21 AM
Verified Member

Couple of options. You can go off the five and leave him long or you can two rail the twelve to your side and leave him long.
Old 11-20-2018, 11:35 AM
Verified Member

Two rail intentional scratch into the four/nine. Coming up short is OK too. Just nuzzle those two balls and you are in the drivers seat.
Old 11-20-2018, 01:16 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry matchin View Post
Two rail intentional scratch into the four/nine. Coming up short is OK too. Just nuzzle those two balls and you are in the drivers seat.
wont he just put you back there ??
Old 11-20-2018, 01:16 PM
Verified Member

How about going into the 3 and nestling cb up against the 5 whereas it does not leave a shot to see the 8 or the 6?
A touch shot with big rewards, IMO. Whitey