Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2019, 12:00 PM
Verified Member

Speaking of space they can afford to pay rent on, it seems to me that the proprietors are buying a lot more seven-foot tables, rather than the bigger ones, for that reason. It's the league players paying the rent today, and that's the way the industry is going. I would like to hear Greg Sullivan's comments on this - or any billiard proprietor.
Old 02-02-2019, 04:29 PM
Verified Member

Nice meeting you Chris, we definitely need to get together and play some. I wouldn't mind driving up on a Saturday and playing for awhile, just let me know when you are available.
Old 02-02-2019, 10:55 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry matchin View Post
Cincy, sorry I missed seeing you. I was battling a cold all week and tried to stay in the room AMAP for rest and not to infect any one else. I saw Steve Booth at the airport friday and we had a chance to talk about the event. For sure its a happening kinda like a "Pool Woodstock" for us older types. Greg Sullivan needs to figure out how to smoothen some things out. Clearly Greg has nothing to do with the remodel going on due to the river overflowing etc. but this tournament is so big now that the ability to practice and gamble is becoming very limited. Transportation costs also continue to be a problem and getting the events played in a timely manner continues to occur. The prize money is also an area thats going to require scrutiny. I like the fact he pays deep into the entries but the top money may not keep this international field spending an awful lot to come out and play. The action this year just didn't happen at all. Oh there were a few matches but no one could get tables to play on. That has to be fixed. Maybe the action award should go to the guys playing chess and backgammon. I love all my compadres and hope to see you all soon at our next gathering.
Does all the entry money get paid out to the players ?
Old 02-04-2019, 07:55 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybanks View Post
Nice meeting you Chris, we definitely need to get together and play some. I wouldn't mind driving up on a Saturday and playing for awhile, just let me know when you are available.
Sounds good Kaelin, we will do it, over the next month or so going to be focused on this house, but in the not so distant future for sure!
Old 02-04-2019, 08:56 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapros View Post
Speaking of space they can afford to pay rent on, it seems to me that the proprietors are buying a lot more seven-foot tables, rather than the bigger ones, for that reason. It's the league players paying the rent today, and that's the way the industry is going. I would like to hear Greg Sullivan's comments on this - or any billiard proprietor.
Well it looks to me like, playing a 9 footer at an affordable price is becoming way more difficult, because of cost and rent. Playing on a 9 footer in some places is just as expensive as a round of golf, with a cart! If the Cup and the US Open keep stirring the pool, the game could change in the next 5 years, it could happen. Never thought I'd say this in my lifetime. Since playing Varner in the Collegiate Midwest 14.1 finals till now....change could finally happen....but. Barry Hearn mentioned, he's got Snooker maybe 1/2 way figured out.
no link....
Old 02-05-2019, 06:10 PM
Verified Member

Hey Chris it was really good seeing you...looks like you’re game was really picking up from what I saw in the action room! The pins were awesome this year...thanks for those!!!! The WhatsApp seemed to work out well and nice thing is that for future events a pretty good member base has been established regarding contacts and installation for the guys. See you again soon!!!