Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 08-02-2012, 12:55 AM
One Pocket Ghost's Avatar
One Pocket Ghost One Pocket Ghost is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ghosttown
Posts: 8,566
Default

Welcome to the site Jason and congratulations on a good tournament showing......I wasn't in Tunica, and we have never met...but the old Ghost move's like a ghost off the table too - so detective Ghost sussed out who you were right-quick - it was a hanger...

- Ghost
__________________
jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 08-02-2012 at 01:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-02-2012, 08:29 AM
lll lll is online now
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: vero beach fl
Posts: 14,503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
Welcome to the site Jason and congratulations on a good tournament showing......I wasn't in Tunica, and we have never met...but the old Ghost move's like a ghost off the table too - so detective Ghost sussed out who you were right-quick - it was a hanger...

- Ghost
ghost i never figured you for a knocker..........
even tho doc gave some strong clues
i hole nut could introduce himself anytime he wanted to
just sayin.....

Last edited by lll; 08-02-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-02-2012, 02:28 PM
One Pocket Ghost's Avatar
One Pocket Ghost One Pocket Ghost is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ghosttown
Posts: 8,566
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lll View Post
ghost i never figured you for a knocker, i could be wrong...... <-------Correct, you are wrong

even tho doc gave some strong clues, and also Col. Bille already gave out his full name in one of his posts three weeks ago...(you only gave his first name)

......Ghst
__________________
jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 08-02-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-02-2012, 02:54 PM
tonygreen's Avatar
tonygreen tonygreen is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 391
Default We r a motley Cre to say the least

We can be a shady bunch of characters on occasion.

I'm glad I pulled that match story out of you. We know there's more! Thanks for your posts.

L8R
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-02-2012, 04:10 PM
wgcp's Avatar
wgcp wgcp is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: long beach, mississippi
Posts: 1,685
Default

true but he wasn't posting on the site then...
__________________
Execution of the shot, some days I have it some days I don't...
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-02-2012, 04:17 PM
1 HOLE NUT 1 HOLE NUT is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Biloxi, Ms.
Posts: 91
Default Day 2, 3rd and 4th matches

Thanks Jimmy B. I will try your tip on this post.

Well Dr. Bill(wincardona) you have seen me before and in Tunica, as I have watched you gamble in Mobile, I was the short chubby guy that got hustled Thurs. night in the gambling room by what I thought was a backer, I was giving him 11/7(donkey move) for $100 a game mainly to pick up a couple of bucks while showing him I play hard just in case he might want to help me in the future. I lost 3 games and quit. Then scooter started barking at me so I barked back, you was sitting in the middle with Ronnie I think. With my money situation(in the negatives) I ALWAYS need help, I love to play one pocket, and I play hard for the money, but I'm to nice to do what I have to do to get in them big money spots. I match up to tight(60/40 the worst of it) for me to get anyone to put up 2/1. It was the last night there for me and I really wanted to do something, I was up $1700 gambling and tourney money so it did not hurt to bad, + $750 for all week in Tunica is way better than this donkey could have ever imagined.

My 3rd match was a guy from Missouri I think John something could not pronounce his last name, he is an older gentleman, nice guy but he could never get anything going, and I was never in any trouble in the match. I win that one 3-0 pretty quick. After this match is when I started thinking that I could actually place in the money, because in 07' at the Derby it was the same way 26th place got me $500, that was my goal after this match, with the field being about half in Tunica I thought I was getting close.

My 4th match was my favorite of the tourney hands down not because I won but because I played Mr. Buddy Hall the man, thats it, the best in my book nothing else to say. I know he is on his fair well tour but I'm going to tell u he put me in spots differently than any other great players I've played besides Cliff J. His cart and being really slow to get around is very deceiving because he has forgot more moves over the years, than I will ever know. I played him one other time in 05' at Grady's event In Gulfport, he won 3-0 but it was a little tighter than the score showed. I had just started playing one pocket back then, and in the 1st game I scratch on the break, after a little moving he left me a window and I started running like a 9 baller, I run 8 and don't play shape on the scratch ball(forgot about it), that was it for me he gets that game one ball at a time, I was done he wins the next 2 easy. BUT THATS WHY I'M HERE, I HAVE LOVED ONE POCKET SINCE! Tunica was are long awaited rematch, I played good but took him to lightly and he gets the 2/1 game advantage. I stayed focused, and he missed a few balls in the end of a long match and I was able to win the match. I know I did not beat THE BUDDY HALL, but i did beat Buddy Hall.
__________________
Best player in the poolroom. "Hey you want to play some Onepocket?"

Me. "Sure"
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-02-2012, 06:35 PM
One Pocket Ghost's Avatar
One Pocket Ghost One Pocket Ghost is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ghosttown
Posts: 8,566
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgcp View Post
true but he wasn't posting on the site then...

not rocket science to connect the dots...
__________________
jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-02-2012, 08:11 PM
lll lll is online now
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: vero beach fl
Posts: 14,503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 HOLE NUT View Post
Thanks Jimmy B. I will try your tip on this post.

Well Dr. Bill(wincardona) you have seen me before and in Tunica, as I have watched you gamble in Mobile, I was the short chubby guy that got hustled Thurs. night in the gambling room by what I thought was a backer, I was giving him 11/7(donkey move) for $100 a game mainly to pick up a couple of bucks while showing him I play hard just in case he might want to help me in the future. I lost 3 games and quit. Then scooter started barking at me so I barked back, you was sitting in the middle with Ronnie I think. With my money situation(in the negatives) I ALWAYS need help, I love to play one pocket, and I play hard for the money, but I'm to nice to do what I have to do to get in them big money spots. I match up to tight(60/40 the worst of it) for me to get anyone to put up 2/1. It was the last night there for me and I really wanted to do something, I was up $1700 gambling and tourney money so it did not hurt to bad, + $750 for all week in Tunica is way better than this donkey could have ever imagined.

My 3rd match was a guy from Missouri I think John something could not pronounce his last name, he is an older gentleman, nice guy but he could never get anything going, and I was never in any trouble in the match. I win that one 3-0 pretty quick. After this match is when I started thinking that I could actually place in the money, because in 07' at the Derby it was the same way 26th place got me $500, that was my goal after this match, with the field being about half in Tunica I thought I was getting close.

My 4th match was my favorite of the tourney hands down not because I won but because I played Mr. Buddy Hall the man, thats it, the best in my book nothing else to say. I know he is on his fair well tour but I'm going to tell u he put me in spots differently than any other great players I've played besides Cliff J. His cart and being really slow to get around is very deceiving because he has forgot more moves over the years, than I will ever know. I played him one other time in 05' at Grady's event In Gulfport, he won 3-0 but it was a little tighter than the score showed. I had just started playing one pocket back then, and in the 1st game I scratch on the break, after a little moving he left me a window and I started running like a 9 baller, I run 8 and don't play shape on the scratch ball(forgot about it), that was it for me he gets that game one ball at a time, I was done he wins the next 2 easy. BUT THATS WHY I'M HERE, I HAVE LOVED ONE POCKET SINCE! Tunica was are long awaited rematch, I played good but took him to lightly and he gets the 2/1 game advantage. I stayed focused, and he missed a few balls in the end of a long match and I was able to win the match. I know I did not beat THE BUDDY HALL, but i did beat Buddy Hall.
thats a great experience to relay to us
i got to meet /talk /get an autograph/ picture/watch buddy hall at tunica
mark coats who is our local pro/shortstop in vero beach fl
grew up in oklahoma and has told me stories about buddy and him and buddy
when i introduced myself to buddy and mentioned marks name you should have seen his eyes light up
"blast from the past"
although the matches i watched of of buddy showed time hasnt treated him well it still was an honor to meet him
during one match he commented to a freind who was watching
after missing a ball
" i couldnt hit the ass of a cow with a hand full of gravel".....
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-02-2012, 08:23 PM
androd's Avatar
androd androd is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Braunfels tx.
Posts: 7,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 HOLE NUT View Post
Thanks Jimmy B. I will try your tip on this post.

Good Job

I match up to tight(60/40 the worst of it) for me to get anyone to put up 2/1.

I've not been staked much, but have gambled a lot.
Remember they're only laying 2/1 the first game, or set
Rod.
P.S. Think about it.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-03-2012, 10:39 AM
wincardona wincardona is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dallas Tx.
Posts: 7,247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 HOLE NUT View Post
Thanks Jimmy B. I will try your tip on this post.

Well Dr. Bill(wincardona) you have seen me before and in Tunica, as I have watched you gamble in Mobile, I was the short chubby guy that got hustled Thurs. night in the gambling room by what I thought was a backer, I was giving him 11/7(donkey move) for $100 a game mainly to pick up a couple of bucks while showing him I play hard just in case he might want to help me in the future. I lost 3 games and quit. Then scooter started barking at me so I barked back, you was sitting in the middle with Ronnie I think. With my money situation(in the negatives) I ALWAYS need help, I love to play one pocket, and I play hard for the money, but I'm to nice to do what I have to do to get in them big money spots. I match up to tight(60/40 the worst of it) for me to get anyone to put up 2/1. It was the last night there for me and I really wanted to do something, I was up $1700 gambling and tourney money so it did not hurt to bad, + $750 for all week in Tunica is way better than this donkey could have ever imagined.

My 3rd match was a guy from Missouri I think John something could not pronounce his last name, he is an older gentleman, nice guy but he could never get anything going, and I was never in any trouble in the match. I win that one 3-0 pretty quick. After this match is when I started thinking that I could actually place in the money, because in 07' at the Derby it was the same way 26th place got me $500, that was my goal after this match, with the field being about half in Tunica I thought I was getting close.

My 4th match was my favorite of the tourney hands down not because I won but because I played Mr. Buddy Hall the man, thats it, the best in my book nothing else to say. I know he is on his fair well tour but I'm going to tell u he put me in spots differently than any other great players I've played besides Cliff J. His cart and being really slow to get around is very deceiving because he has forgot more moves over the years, than I will ever know. I played him one other time in 05' at Grady's event In Gulfport, he won 3-0 but it was a little tighter than the score showed. I had just started playing one pocket back then, and in the 1st game I scratch on the break, after a little moving he left me a window and I started running like a 9 baller, I run 8 and don't play shape on the scratch ball(forgot about it), that was it for me he gets that game one ball at a time, I was done he wins the next 2 easy. BUT THATS WHY I'M HERE, I HAVE LOVED ONE POCKET SINCE! Tunica was are long awaited rematch, I played good but took him to lightly and he gets the 2/1 game advantage. I stayed focused, and he missed a few balls in the end of a long match and I was able to win the match. I know I did not beat THE BUDDY HALL, but i did beat Buddy Hall.
Jason, I don't recall watching you when you were playing on Thursday night, as far as you gambling with people/players/backers to show your speed to be staked in future matches goes I wouldn't put too much faith in getting a square shake. Matching up with pool players (hustlers) is a tough proposition.....if you know what I mean... You seem to be able to play pretty good based off of your report, but you need to slow your eagerness to play down a bit and start matching up better 50-50 is good for starters. Good luck.

Dr. Bill
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All original content Copyright Onepocket.org and/or the original author. All rights reserved.