Jack Breit vs. Bob Osborne 1991 Legend Of One-Pocket-Philadelphia Style

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i think the angle lays right to hit the stripe (15?) into the right side of the 4 caroming off the long rail and depending how it came off the four i could clip the stack and move a few ball to my side .otherwise it will end up up table on my side
the 4 willl 2 rail out and end up on my side around the second diamond on my side of the stack
the q enda up on the short rail about the first diamond from his hole.

i think mosconiac said this if not i'm stealing someones line
submitted for your entertainment:D

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
if the angle were alittle different i could knock the stripe to my side and come off the short rail and freeze him on his solid

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
efren or bugs might bank the six and play shape on the stripe by his pocket and get afew balls. thats definitely barnum and bailey to me

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
In real life probably I would just kick softly under the ball by Osborne's pocket, but.... if I imagine myself as Jersey Red, I think maybe I kick-bank the ball by Osborne's pocket to my hole, at the same time, knocking away the 6-ball.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2010-10-16_08-37-18.jpg
    Greenshot_2010-10-16_08-37-18.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 0

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I think you got it Steve

I think you got it Steve

NH Steve said:
In real life probably I would just kick softly under the ball by Osborne's pocket, but.... if I imagine myself as Jersey Red, I think maybe I kick-bank the ball by Osborne's pocket to my hole, at the same time, knocking away the 6-ball.

I knew the Red Raider well, and if he didnt shoot the shot you suggested Steve, you can call me Dick, or better yet Dickhead.

Beard

I believe Black Bart's name is actually Bob Ogburn

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
NH Steve said:
Steve,

Thanks for saving me the work on "greenshotting" my pic and adding arrows to it:) . That is exactly what Jack did.

Greenshot_2010-10-16_08-37-18.jpg

Here's how he left it. Those champions always hit balls harder than us mortals.

Breit's Leave.Jpeg

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
fred bentivegna said:
I believe Black Bart's name is actually Bob Ogburn
Freddy,

I've heard it both ways through the years for some strange reason. The DVD label says "Osborne" and Incardona calls him Osborne throughout the match. Maybe Osborne is his road name:) .

Dennis

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Clare said:
His name is Bob Ogburn.
But like any self-respecting old school road man he has not been averse to a little naturally occurring obfuscation when it came to the question of his real name.