The Big One - Day 3 "Replay" now...

povpool

Verified Member
From
Studio City, CA
Well, it's 1:56am and since I got back to my hotel, my phone has blown up with requests to replay Day 3 of 'The BIG One'. So, here it is, I'm back at the poolhall loading the playlist... Enjoy this re-broadcast and please be courteous in the chatroom while I sleep the rest of the night away.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uckbSnMNcC4[/ame]

Oh, and thank you all for the birthday wishes on OnePocket.org.

Happy Belated to John Henderson. Happy Birthday to Shane VanBoening and Thorsten Hohmann as well.

Keep Loving Pool!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Man are we being treated to some great One Pocket action -- and free!! Thanks again Daniel POV Pool!!

Tony can execute the simple conservative shots really well; sometimes it looked like he was shifting gears to that mode. He seems to go for the wilder ones when he is in a trap -- even though there are more conservative alternatives.

I remember one rack where Dennis had a ball maybe six inches from his pocket, along with some balls spread on his side. But from the top corner on Dennis's side it looked to me like nothing would go for Dennis, and there was a ball up there that Tony could have kicked at. But he tried something tougher and sold out.

I'd like to see him look at more simple alternatives in those tough spots.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Daniel,

Thanks so much for the live stream. For those of us who love one pocket, it's great that you can share this great game with the pool world. There will always be criticism; it is the nature of the beast but you are putting on a professional broadcast.

One small thing is the ball count. It is so important to have an accurate ball count during the stream so people understand why players take certain shots. The long hours will wear on you and I have spent time in the booth and we have lost count of the ball count so i know it's tough.

Overall, though, it has been wonderful and I want to thank you and Geraldine for what you do and I thank the players and their backers for a great week of one pocket.

gerri3404

Verified Member
What happened to the OP.Org logo?

Bill...Daniel wanted to promote some of the publishers and websites who have supported POV Pool. He did so during the West Coast Challenge tournaments. He also did this as a courteous gesture, and was not asked to or paid to do so.

On the other hand, the company logos that are on the screen have paid for the advertising/sponsorship. It would not be fair to these companies to offer this for free to any other companies.

I hope you and any other member could understand this concept.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Bill...Daniel wanted to promote some of the publishers and websites who have supported POV Pool. He did so during the West Coast Challenge tournaments. He also did this as a courteous gesture, and was not asked to or paid to do so.

On the other hand, the company logos that are on the screen have paid for the advertising/sponsorship. It would not be fair to these companies to offer this for free to any other companies.

I hope you and any other member could understand this concept.[/QUOT

I dont know why you insist on insulting me.

gerri3404

Verified Member

I hope you and any other member could understand this concept.[/QUOT

I dont know why you insist on insulting me.

Bill, there is no insult to this remark. You asked, "What happened to the OP.Org logo?" I responded with the reason why you do not see it on the stream now. I ended with "I hope you and any other member could understand this concept". If you don't understand please feel free to contact Daniel or myself.

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
Bill, there is no insult to this remark. You asked, "What happened to the OP.Org logo?" I responded with the reason why you do not see it on the stream now. I ended with "I hope you and any other member could understand this concept". If you don't understand please feel free to contact Daniel or myself.

Gerri is correct, Bill, and that is why I was assuming the logo was not on this particular stream. I did send Daniel an extra onepocket.org shirt today that I had from the Chris's tournament in appreciation for putting the logo on the last stream.

Matt

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Gerri is correct, Bill, and that is why I was assuming the logo was not on this particular stream. I did send Daniel an extra onepocket.org shirt today that I had from the Chris's tournament in appreciation for putting the logo on the last stream.

Matt

That was nice of you Matt to send them a t-shirt, maybe they can give it to the O.P.Org members who commentate their streams for free. And Matt, I didn't realize Daniel did it out of the goodness of his heart. I thought Daniel put up the One Pocket logo as a business decision because of all the free advertising they were getting by posting their business links on the O.P.Org website. Just like this thread, it is a promotion to watch the stream. Where else can you go to promote you business for free? Its just my stupid thinking that putting up the O.P.Org logo during one pocket matches they promote on this website is the least they should be doing.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire

I hope you and any other member could understand this concept.

I get that completely and have no problem with it at all, and believe me I 100% appreciate the unsolicited exposure you guys did give us. Also, it was a free stream, which made all of us One Pocket fans winners! Maybe next time we can talk ahead about what we can do to help POV promote even more. My goal with this website is to promote One Pocket, and I am happy to work with ANYBODY that is making One Pocket look good anywhere in the world, if we can help. The more the better, and working together is definitely my way.

Thanks again!!!

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa

There is an insult to the remark, "I hope you and .....". It was demeaning and condescending, just the way you meant it. Not an insult only to me, but to all the members of O.P.Org. I admit I'm a dummy but the other members, not so much.
The business concept I understand, Quid Pro Quo; That is when there is an exchange of between two parties of similar or equal value. Daniel recognized the value using O.P.Org to advertise his business, therefore he put up the logo, Quid Pro Quo. I thought it was great to recognize the value to him of posting at O.P.Org and was a perfect reflection of the value. Daniel continued to promote his business on O.P.Org but with no logo for the next one pocket promotion. What does it cost to promote your one pocket with O.P.Org?
The same it cost you to post the logo, Quid Pro Quo.

El Chapo

Verified Member
Thanks for the stream Daniel, and I really appreciate the live YouTube feed because I can put it on my bigscreen tv.

keoneyo

Verified Member
Geraldine you are the best. Thank you for your mindful and exemplary generalship in conducting the business end of POV Pool.
It is well appreciated by those of us who understand how hard it is to run anything.
Much Aloha to you and Daniel.

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
I agree, Steve. Some of the aggression was totally uncalled for. Had he played the more plausible alternatives in some cases, he might have won by 4 or 5 games. But Dennis too had his moments.

This match, to me, was a draw. As much as I loved rooting for Tony, my money will likely be on Dennis in a rematch.

Peter

Man are we being treated to some great One Pocket action -- and free!! Thanks again Daniel POV Pool!!

Tony can execute the simple conservative shots really well; sometimes it looked like he was shifting gears to that mode. He seems to go for the wilder ones when he is in a trap -- even though there are more conservative alternatives.

I remember one rack where Dennis had a ball maybe six inches from his pocket, along with some balls spread on his side. But from the top corner on Dennis's side it looked to me like nothing would go for Dennis, and there was a ball up there that Tony could have kicked at. But he tried something tougher and sold out.

I'd like to see him look at more simple alternatives in those tough spots.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
There is an insult to the remark, "I hope you and .....". It was demeaning and condescending, just the way you meant it. Not an insult only to me, but to all the members of O.P.Org. I admit I'm a dummy but the other members, not so much.
The business concept I understand, Quid Pro Quo; That is when there is an exchange of between two parties of similar or equal value. Daniel recognized the value using O.P.Org to advertise his business, therefore he put up the logo, Quid Pro Quo. I thought it was great to recognize the value to him of posting at O.P.Org and was a perfect reflection of the value. Daniel continued to promote his business on O.P.Org but with no logo for the next one pocket promotion. What does it cost to promote your one pocket with O.P.Org?
The same it cost you to post the logo, Quid Pro Quo.

Bill, personally I feel like OnePocket.org got plenty of recognition and props during the entire 4 day stream that I saw, whether or not our logo appeared. We were mentioned many times by several different announcers in the booth, and at the start of day four, Daniel himself did a very nice specific thank you to OnePocket.org, including placing the logo on the screen.

I think if we want more next time -- the ball is in our court -- we should ante up sponsorship well before the event kicks off if it is something our members care strongly about. We have always had no problem pulling together to raise a little money when we "believe".

So essentially I like your thought but I have zero complaint about how Daniel handled it this time; however let's take your thought and turn it into a specific sponsorship and promotion plan next time/ How about that?

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
The Big One - Day 3 "Replay" now...

Looks like the final day is not available anymore. What happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk