Donny Anderson's old pool cue and case

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I wasn't sure if I should post this here or someplace else but a new user joined our discord channel yesterday asking if anyone knew the value of Donny Anderson's old pool cue and case. This person has them and is being offered a good chunk of money to sell them (almost $10k).

With that offer, he thinks the potential buyer may know something he doesn't and was looking for help/advice so I told him I would post it here in case anyone else had some insight on the items.

It looks like a Jim Rempe cue by Meucci and a hand made case made by Donny himself with the with his nickname "Cincinnati Kid" carved in the side.

He posted these pics in discord, so here they are:

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
Tell your friend to get cash and get rid of it faster than a speeding bullet.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I was thinking the same thing when he first said it but then I saw this:

http://bluebookofpoolcuevalues.com/...cue_manufacturer.aspx?id=meucci_originals_inc

a quote from it says:

"...Another famous Meucci cue was "The King James." Originally made for Jim Rempe, this cue was inlaid with gold, ivory, emeralds, rubies, and diamonds. It sold new for $22,000, but has sold several times since, each time for more money. It is known to have sold for $40,000 and is rumored to have brought $75,000...."

But then reading it again, I see there are no gold and inlaid rubies in these cue pics, so a completely different cue for sure, lol..

In any case, I will let them know in discord to sell sell sell!

EtDM

Verified Member
Yeah, I'm wondering whether a decimal point maybe got moved over accidentally in the price of that cue. $1K would probably be on the high end, even with it having the provenance of being owned by a hall of fame player. Unfortunately that provenance just isn't worth all that much, unless the player is a household name.