J. Hall vs. S.V.B. 2013 D.C.C.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Cut the twelve and carom off the high right side of fifteen and lay em between the fifteen and four. Make sure the twekve lays in front of my hole, at worst on the long rail. The close up camera angle makes this shot appear Natural, the camera angle from overhead downtable the natural carom angle appears gone.

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i think i would shoot tylers shot
that being said
this option is fraught with peril but is an option
id try to move the 12 around my hole and try to get behind the 15
it moves one ball that is favoring hall and limits some places on the table hall can put me for safeties if i can get the 9 into a positoin where its makeable in my pocket
i know with the score ideally id like to get the balls uptable but i dont see a way to do that now
im really not expecting to make the 9 ball
js1.jpg

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
from the computer if you hit my shot perfect with speed youd move balls up table and clear out halls corner
sorry for the sloppy screenshot but you get the idea
gotta go to work
js3.jpg

bstroud

Verified Member
You have to do something with the 2, 4 and the 15 balls.
If not right away. Soon.

Shooting in the 4 ball might be a way to stall for a better shot but you will probably end up table with a worse shot your next inning.

The real problem on this shot is where the cue ball is in relation to the 2 ball.
If it was a little different you could shoot it into the 15 and move all the balls away. The way it is you will probable get kissed by the 15 ball if you try that shot.

Bill S.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Here is a situation where the old adage regarding difficult situations require simple solutions. I go into survival mode here and give up the four ball. I would choose to go rail first soft and into the four. The four caroms off the fifteen and into the pocket while the fifteen moves toward the eleven. The cue ball will drift harmlessly to the bottom rail about a quarter diamond off the side rail. From here I am still in a bit of trouble, but trouble which should be far more managable to deal with. I do not believe there is any place up table Hall can leave the cue ball where I cannot safely clear at least one more ball and with patience I will equalize the table while mantaining my score advantage.

Tom

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
I'm driving the four into fifteen & moving them both out of there with the intention of killing the cue ball as close to the rail as I can. If the four goes for him, it won't hurt my feelings.

senor

Verified Member
I might shoot the 12 into the 1 or 10, expecting something to get close to my hole, and play the cue ball to carom off the 12 into the top side of the 15. Perfect outcome Shane is blocked from easily sending the cue ball to the end rail.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
If I was cutting the 12-ball, I would shoot the 12 to carom off the top side of the 10-ball towards my pocket, and carom into the 4 or 15, whichever felt right at the table. I think the 12 off the 10 is a reasonable shot, IF I was behind in the score.

BUT, holding the 6-0 lead, I am giving Justin the 4-ball and trying to bump the 15 over a little :D

treeMan

Verified Member
Shane's up 6-0, but a small mistake away from losing. No adventures here, just play the sure shot, which is to make the 4 as mentioned. If you can block the oppo from seeing the 14, by either going rail first or cutting the 4 into the 15, that's a bonus as you force him to play off the balls by his hole.

If the score was reversed I think I like Frank's shot the best (edit: but I'd try to get under the 15 and knock it up a bit, instead of putting my oppo on the hill).

tree

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Here is a situation where the old adage regarding difficult situations require simple solutions. I go into survival mode here and give up the four ball. I would choose to go rail first soft and into the four. The four caroms off the fifteen and into the pocket while the fifteen moves toward the eleven. The cue ball will drift harmlessly to the bottom rail about a quarter diamond off the side rail. From here I am still in a bit of trouble, but trouble which should be far more managable to deal with. I do not believe there is any place up table Hall can leave the cue ball where I cannot safely clear at least one more ball and with patience I will equalize the table while mantaining my score advantage.

Tom
I agree with your assesmant of the situation, like OPH says "you can't make ice cream out of horse shit" I like moving the 15ball in some way while pocketing the 4ball, that will give you some flexibility in terms of options next time back at the table.

Dr. Bill

WhatWouldWojoDo

Verified Member
I would probably cut the 12 into my pocket and try to pocket the 15 into their pocket.

If I'm not comfortable about that first shot, I might try to cut the 2 into the 9. Shooting a real thin cut on the 2 as a stop shot, the cue ball should slide straight into the 4 and pocket it while the cue ball stops (or best case is drifts forward a little).

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

Tom

I don't see that shot as an option. The 4 is too close to the rail to kick behind it and the 15 is too far away from it anyway.

I would shoot the 4 straight in and stop or roll forward a little.

Dennis

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I don't see that shot as an option. The 4 is too close to the rail to kick behind it and the 15 is too far away from it anyway.

Dennis

Hey Dennis,
Considering you posted the wwyd I can only assume SVB did not choose the shot I described.:( Still, something along these lines would definitely be the the proper shot selection in this case. Trying to get aggressive here is just asking to be beaten.

Hall could try to clear all the balls in SVB's area, and he might just get away with it, but the odds are stacked against him succeeding. Leave the desperation shots to those who are desperate.

ulikastr8pool

Well-Known-Member
From
NYC

Dennis

How about hitting half the 4 ball on the right side, with low right. The 4 should glance off the 15 into the pocket, the 15 is leaving the scene, and the cue ball is coming into the 2 ball. The cluster on the bottom rail negates any possible short bank.