Jimmy Marino

Frank Wojo

Verified Member
I read that Jimmy passed away this week. Does anyone have any details?

Thanks

Wedge

dslovick

jimmy marino

jimmy marino

I work for jimmy at his south hills golden cue, He passed away peacefully at his home on Monday afternoon. He wont be having a viewing or funeral. A mass for Jimmy will be held at St. Gabriel in Whitehall pa. on Friday the 23rd at 10 am.

Frank Wojo

Verified Member
Thank You

Thank You

Thanks for the update. Jimmy was a fine player/person and he will be missed.

Wedge

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I found one real good photo of Jimmy shooting. I don't know anything about where or when or who took it.

Attachments

• JimM[1].jpg
    JimM[1].jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 14

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
He also appears in a stardust tournament program photo that includes Weenie Beenie

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I found one real good photo of Jimmy shooting. I don't know anything about where or when or who took it.

Wow. That is a good one, Steve. He looks a bit like old Daniel Day in that one. I would have liked to have seen Lewis portray a cueist when he was younger..

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Im saddened to hear th hat Jimmy has passed, he was one of the finest players in the world in the mid to late 70's. I played Jimmy a lot of pool, we were both from Pittsburgh along with another great player..Bernie Schwartz. Jimmy played 9ball as good as it could of been plyed when he was at his peak, he was also an excellent ..three cushion player. Jimmy played with a lot of heart and feared no one.

R.I.P. Jimmy, you'll always be remembered.

Bill Incardona

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I work for jimmy at his south hills golden cue, He passed away peacefully at his home on Monday afternoon. He wont be having a viewing or funeral. A mass for Jimmy will be held at St. Gabriel in Whitehall pa. on Friday the 23rd at 10 am.
I'm sorry to hear about Jimmy's passing. I'm from Pittsburgh myself, and spent a lot of time in Bridgeville years back. Will the room stay open? Perhaps he's survived by a wife. Good luck to you, my friend.

~Doc

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
In reading Kieth Thompsons recent post, I had a flashback of Marino and his game and of course his road partner Eddie Bellamore.
One thing I remember about Marino.
Rempe didn't like it.
Jimmy had that long hair at Janscos.

1633696152640.png

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I read that Jimmy passed away this week. Does anyone have any details?

Thanks

Wedge
RIP Jimmy , I always thought of him as one of the top 9 ball players I ever watched. I remember Joe Burns Dayto Ohio tournaments , almost every one had Rempe, Sigel, Strickland {a bit later }, Varner, Marino, Hall , Reid, Mataya. and many others, I took it for granted that they would be there forever, lol.
I almost gave up playing pool, because none of those guys seemed to ever miss.

beatle

Verified Member
spell checker at its finest. i dont recheck the checkers as if its understandable then thats the point.
grammar is for grandma.