The ordeal is over for the Mighty Bugs

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
At 6:30 this morning, The Grim Reaper stopped the valiant heart of the mighty Bugs Rucker. No arrangements have been announced yet. Goodby old pal.

the Beard

Grady

Verified Member
From
Columbia, SC
Rip

Rip

Rest in peace my dear friend. Randi and I wish to extend our deepest sympathy to his family and his many, many friends.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I guess we've all been expecting this. At least there is the knowledge that some folks from the pool community got together to help Bugs out in his waning months. It was very nice of you to spearhead the movement, Freddy. True friends will rush to a guy's aid when he's down for the count.

Doc

Terry Ardeno

Verified Member
From
Washington, Pa
I never met Bugs, have only watched tapes and what I could find on him to read. But this is a sad time nonetheless because not only has another legend from pooldom passed on, but my heart aches for his friends who really knew and loved him. Grady has always spoken highly of Bugs and we all know how much Freddy went over and beyond for his dear pal. I'm hard pressed to think of anyone in pool who has expressed such a benevolent spirit as Freddy has towards Bugs.

I know these are just words, but they're from my heart...Freddy and Grady, and all of Bugs family and friends, I pray God will Bless all of you with His great Love, Joy and Peace.

And Freddy & Grady, I'll speak for the many fans you both have. Just as you have loved Bugs, please know that you are both loved and revered as well by lots of us. Even though you're not rich, I hope it brings a measure of comfort and solace to your hearts by knowing you're held in high esteem by many of us who also love you dearly.

I hope we can continue to celebrate your lives and what you've both done for our great sport for many years to come. I believe srongly in God and in His ability to minister to us. He is real and knowable, and I promise to hold you up in prayer.

This is a good time for all of us to remember that the clock is also ticking on OUR life as well. Every single one of us will die once. And then what?

We all have choices to make....

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
We were very fortunate to have Bugs come to Louisville both for his One Pocket & Bank Pool Hall of Fame inductions. He was in a wheel chair, but he fully enjoyed and appreciated the accolades and the good company at both banquets.

This was January '06 when he was honored for Banks

and '05 when he was honored for One Pocket
Left to right -- that's the late Weenie Beenie, Ronnie Allen, Grady Mathews, Efren who :) , and Danny Di Liberto

Bugs, we'll miss you, big guy...

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
I never got to met Bugs in this life. Perhaps we'll have a game in the next.

"The Lord is my shepard, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside the still waters, He restores my soul. He leads me in the path of righteousnes for His name sake. Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for Thou art with me. Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me.Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of my enemies. Thou annointest my head with oil. My cup runneth over. Surely, goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord, forever. Amen" Psalms 23

Pel

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
good bye to a good friend

good bye to a good friend

My condolences goes out to the family and friends of Bugs that knew him and loved him, and I am proud and honored to be among them. Bugs is a man that will never be forgotten for many reasons,and those of us that knew him know exactly what I mean.My heart is sad that he had to leave us,but i'll always treasure the memories that he gave to me and all that knew and loved him.I would also like to applaud Freddie for being there for him in this trying time,god bless you, and you are loved as Bugs was loved,and that comes from my heart.Bugs,you were a lot of fun to play I really enjoyed the many times we played,and it's not over yet,but banks is out.

philip guagliardo

Verified Member
My condolences to Mr Ruckers family and the thousands of friends he made all over the country . I will always remember how Bugs treated me and all pool players with respect and class . I'm sure he's matching up right now with another hall of fame player that has passed .

Rest in peace champ .

Phil Guagliardo

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
RIP, my friend.

RIP, my friend.

My heart felt sympathies to Bugs' family. I would also like to thank Steve Booth for the wonderful work he has done over the years. Steve's interviews with the most respected players of the game we all love is priceless. I have, for many reasons, never been able to make it to a DCC event but if I am ever able to attend, the first person I want to meet and thank will be, Steve Booth.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Bug's wake

Bug's wake

Visitation for Bugs is set for friday the 16th at Leeks Funeral Home on 79th and Cottage Grove at 7PM. It will be a closed casket, and Bug's remains will be cremated. Billy Incardona and Artie Bodendorfer are going to try and fly in. I have been asked to read a requiem at the service.

the Beard