bank pool rule question

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
its 430am so pls forgive me if this isnt spelled or puncuated very good, my last post of the day,

we have a regular game going of short rack banks going on nowdays, 9 balls-(save the sissy talk for later ;)) were just beginners trying to get better,

on a straight back for example you dont have to call the rail next to the pocket because the CB is running almost paraell to the cushion, so if it hits that rail and goes in its "clean", also we never mention pocket facings(that would be impossible),

so here is what happens, a guy on a straight back hits it so bad it hits the titty(point) of the side pocket(of the side he is aiming for) and the OB shoots straight down the rail a million miles per hour right into the hole he just called, how it happened i dont know. but it did. the titty was on the long rail nearst to him so if he hits that rail on a normal straight back it counts, if you cross side a ball abd it bounces of the tittys 6 times and goes in it still counts.

So whats the rule here?? he hit a point, legal, the OB rolled down the parrallell rail to the shot-thats legal. But is a strange bounce off atitty that fired the OB into the called pocket legal since it took a "out of the ordinary" path.

am i clear here i'm so tired, thanks for the help.

best
eric

i have seen the OB catch the point and do all sorts of silly things that are nor legally pocketed balls, but hitting the point on the same side you called and the OB running down the rail after the point contact seems legal, BUT..........Its a awful funny looking shot to call legal in banks.

thanks guys

Last edited:

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Hey Fatboy...

Hey Fatboy...

Totally counts, totally sucks.
when your bank opponent lucks
The titty counts not as a rail
He locked you up in SHIT-POOL JAIL

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Fatboy said:

so here is what happens, a guy on a straight back hits it so bad it hits the titty(point) of the side pocket(of the side he is aiming for) and the OB shoots straight down the rail a million miles per hour right into the hole he just called, how it happened i dont know. but it did. the titty was on the long rail nearst to him so if he hits that rail on a normal straight back it counts, if you cross side a ball abd it bounces of the tittys 6 times and goes in it still counts.

Eric,

I've seen a ball banked straight back hit the side pocket tit and flatten out, hug the rail, and go in. Seen it many times, but I don't recall seeing it in a bank game. I'm not sure if there's a rule against that ball counting for you.

Someone here will know the rule.